Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Equipment Pondering Thread

It's old, but I can't recommend the Mashie 18* hybrid enough. I took it out of the bag a couple months ago to experiment with a 5w, and I recently put it back in and it's the single safest club in my bag right now. The thing is just automatic. Or I bet the Classic hybrid at the same loft is as good or better.

I have the classic in 20.5* (H3). Took it out of my bag a while back. Debating putting it back in. It's got a stiff shaft, and I am a more of a regular guy, though I heard the shaft in those is a bit on the softer side. Maybe I will try it on the range tomorrow before my round. Maybe I should ponder a regular flex shaft for it ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A low spin shaft to go with a SLDR TP head in either 10.5 or 12 degrees. Maybe the Matrix 7M3.

I'm thinking about kicking out the 4 iron and adding another RBZ hybrid. I hit my 4H around 215; I need to figure out if I should go with a 5H (25) or 6H (28) to fill the gap.

Getting good distance out of your 4. I say try multiple and fill that gap based solely on distance.

Hey guys this is my first post. Dicks sporting goods had a big sale this past week and I ordered a rbz 3wood and 3hybrid to match my set of irons and my driver. They have not been delivered yet. I was wondering if any of y'all had them and if they were good clubs. I started with a box set and am working on building my own bag.

Hey guys this is my first post. Dicks sporting goods had a big sale this past week and I ordered a rbz 3wood and 3hybrid to match my set of irons and my driver. They have not been delivered yet. I was wondering if any of y'all had them and if they were good clubs. I started with a box set and am working on building my own bag.

At the prices they are going for right now- they absolutely are good dude. Welcome to THP! Clubs fit different people differently

Lefti, first welcome to THP!

The RBZ fairways and hybo's are solid offerings and there are several here that still really enjoy them. Personally, I think coming from a boxed set you should be pleased with them, they're long as heck, thats for sure.

Lefti, first welcome to THP!

The RBZ fairways and hybo's are solid offerings and there are several here that still really enjoy them. Personally, I think coming from a boxed set you should be pleased with them, they're long as heck, thats for sure.
Yep just like he said they are a solid offering and I'm still gaming the 3w for now. For the price and especially coming from a box set I think you'll be really pleased with them. Welcome to THP btw!

thanks man. I was trying to get a solid set without spending a fortune since I'm pretty new to the game. My irons came in Friday and I've only been able to hit a few balls with each but so far so good.

​thanks dude. I've heard good things about the 3 wood!

I made a similar move recently from an (ancient) starter set to RBZs. I'm using the Stage 2 3W (high launch) and 4H, and they're working really well: great distance and solid accuracy, so long as I put a decent swing on them. And, at least compared to what I'm used to, the faces on these clubs are incredibly hot. With the starter set, I had a tough time hitting my fairway woods off the deck. With the RBZ, that's no longer an issue. I think you'll be happy with your new clubs.

I was looking for the high launch version of the 3w thinking it would help me hit it off the deck a little better but then I found out they don't make a HL version in Left hand. I'm starting to be able to make some nice shots off the deck lately though because I started playin the ball a little farther back in my stance. So I think the 15* degree will be fine.

I was looking for the high launch version of the 3w thinking it would help me hit it off the deck a little better but then I found out they don't make a HL version in Left hand. I'm starting to be able to make some nice shots off the deck lately though because I started playin the ball a little farther back in my stance. So I think the 15* degree will be fine.

I'm sure it will be. I went with the HL because I'm generally lousy with fairway woods and because I found that I wasn't giving up a lot of distance between the two degrees of loft.

thinking about i20 4 hybrid to replace 4 iron

I can't believe I am bit excited for a Titleist 915 driver announcement I hear is coming very soon.

I can't believe I am bit excited for a Titleist 915 driver announcement I hear is coming very soon.

Why not? They make solid equipment like lots of others but don't hype it up like the others do.

Pondering the 3 doz deal on RX's from Gmama's

Be careful, they don't spin much.

Hahahaha, I think I read that somewhere....once....in about a hundred reports on them.

I'm a believer in the hydrocore, so good, so much greenside spin while not sacrificing anything off the tee. And at 74 for 3 dozen? That's hard to pass up.

Hahahaha, I think I read that somewhere....once....in about a hundred reports on them.

I'm a believer in the hydrocore, so good, so much greenside spin while not sacrificing anything off the tee. And at 74 for 3 dozen? That's hard to pass up.

Solid deal dude. Best ball in the market right now for me.

Double check to make sure that deal is for the current RX generation. Just looking at the desc and box, seems to be the prior genration.

Double check to make sure that deal is for the current RX generation. Just looking at the desc and box, seems to be the prior genration.

Yep, caught that before I pulled the trigger. Thankfully!

Yep, caught that before I pulled the trigger. Thankfully!

I was about to say.....$74 for 3 dozen of the hydrocores would be insane.

I know they aren't sexy, but Tour Velvets have to be fine in humidity right? I mean, something like 50% of PGA Tour players use them alone and they are playing in all kinds of different conditions.

Just trying to look at midsize options and don't want to add a ton of weight. Midsize in the hopes it helps me with this hand injury. I put midsize Pure grips on and they seemed just fine to me. Not very many midsize grips in the Cleveland Custom catalog.

http://www.clevelandgolf.com/pdfs/2014-Custom-Catalog.pdf

But they do have someone cleaning their grips after each shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back