Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever
I hope him and ramirez have the same votes and it's a tie and they can both start at the same time

Jeter leads voting for all star starting SS...what a fraud

Wow. ARod leading the votes for 3rd Base as well? I hate fan voting for all star games. I'm surprised Yao Ming isn't still playing in nba all star games

Whatever
I hope him and ramirez have the same votes and it's a tie and they can both start at the same time

That would be interesting. Guess his farewell tour is going well. Didn't know short stops were having such a hard time this year.

Really the rest of the starters are pretty fair.

Not sure about cano at 2nd but who else is there

Really the rest of the starters are pretty fair.

Not sure about cano at 2nd but who else is there

Kinsler, that's about it. Cano has all of Seattle and probably half of New York still voting for him, but he is 2nd in the AL in BA. Altuve would be a great pick too, having a great year for a terrible team.

Oh yeah forgot about altuve. .hits and steals machine

I still laugh at Jeter winning gold gloves in 09 & 10.

Kinsler, that's about it. Cano has all of Seattle and probably half of New York still voting for him, but he is 2nd in the AL in BA. Altuve would be a great pick too, having a great year for a terrible team.

Altuve would be a good pick for second. Astros are not as terrible as people make them out to be. Believe it or not, there are teams with a worse record than the Astros.

Altuve would be a good pick for second. Astros are not as terrible as people make them out to be. Believe it or not, there are teams with a worse record than the Astros.

But they really are as terrible as they are made out to be. I'd consider the bottom 5 teams in the majors terrible. Add in that they've been there for several years and they deserve that billing. Cubs and Padres get that same deal. Run differential and record are among the worst, but being in a division with 4 over .500 teams doesn't help. They are helping their farm system though.

Oh, and thanks for J.D. Martinez.

The Rays took 5 of 7 from the stros, if that doesn't make you a terrible team I don't know what does. But Altuve has been very good.

Just wait. By the end of the season you guys will change your mind about them.

I just don't see it. They have some talent, but not near enough. I really like George Springer and Altuve though

I just don't see it. They have some talent, but not near enough. I really like George Springer and Altuve though
Agree I like mchugh in the rotation but they just don't have a ton of talent beyond a few players which makes it impossible to compete in a full season

Agreed, I've been impressed with both of those guys. They are headed in the right direction, but not there yet.

So T, what's going on in their former home, the NL Central? Is Milwaukee that good or are they over performing?

Well I guess I am in the minority here and I never said they would win the pennant or anything like that. I simply said they were not as terrible as everyone thinks. Either way they are headed in the right direction. In 2-3yrs they will be a competitive team.

Well I guess I am in the minority here and I never said they would win the pennant or anything like that. I simply said they were not as terrible as everyone thinks. Either way they are headed in the right direction. In 2-3yrs they will be a competitive team.

. I will agree with you there.

So T, what's going on in their former home, the NL Central? Is Milwaukee that good or are they over performing?

I think they are over performing a little bit, but they are talented. I believe the Cardinals and Reds are underperforming as well. I would be surprised if by the end of the year there is more than 5-6 games between 1st and 2nd place

Cards just had to put Wacha and Jaime Garcia on the DL so I imagine they will be looking for a pitcher to go along with a bat in the coming weeks

Absolutely agree with the last bit of your post. As for terrible, I am not sure what that means. It is tough to quantify that. They are the worst team in the West IMO, and I can't see them winning more than 70 games

The Brewers starting pitching staff leads the majors in innings pitched and quality starts. That can't be right. Right?

The Brewers starting pitching staff leads the majors in innings pitched and quality starts. That can't be right. Right?

According to ESPN it's ATL followed closely by Milwaukee. But heck, compared to last year I bet they are tickled to be in this spot.

According to ESPN it's ATL followed closely by Milwaukee. But heck, compared to last year I bet they are tickled to be in this spot.

You're right. 1st in innings pitched as second in QS. Still blows my mind.

You're right. 1st in innings pitched as second in QS. Still blows my mind.

Vast improvement over last year, that is for sure. Pitching can lead to great things. Think they can keep it up with STL and Cinci right on their heels?

Vast improvement over last year, that is for sure. Pitching can lead to great things. Think they can keep it up with STL and Cinci right on their heels?

Hahah no. Because I'm a pessimist.

Unlike blu I say why not. They're having fun. They've got hank the dog, HA! Are they still listening to that stupid happy song?

Tappin from the iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back