Rain/wet weather gloves

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Played in a tourney this morning and the rain was relentless. Going gloveless was terrible with slippage....

So, what are your rain gloves of choice? Need to have something in my bag moving forward I think.

Surprisingly a search dedicated to this topic didn't return any results.

For me, I go gloveless when it rains. Keeping my hands dry with a towel as much as possible works better for me than a slick glove. The right grip helps a ton.

The Hirzl is my favorite glove rain/shine. Other then that, its the glove rotation game. And hope I have enough in the bag to last the entire round.

I sadly have 2 pairs (from my trip to Bandon Dunes in February), a pair of Footjoy and the other a pair of Taylormade.

Both were good, but preferred the fit of the Taylormade surprisingly (I wear Footjoy gloves for non rain rounds). Both added grip to the club, but it takes some getting used to putt with them on.

Hopefully you don't need them often!

I have the foot joy rain gloves. 40 years playing and my first pair last year. Wish I bought sooner. Just amazing in the rain. Wetter the better.

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

I hate that feeling of the club slipping out of my fingers, even if it is not really slipping out but just barely staying put.

I don't want to give up on a round every time it rains, so finding rain gloves is a must. I'm looking forward to the replies here!

I have the black FJ rain gloves. They worked really great for a season or two, but now they just get supersaturated with water and are slippery. I need to buy another pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a couple of brands but I like Footjoy the best, the only issue I have with them is you better get a pair that barely fits, they tend to stretch out quickly.

I like the FJ's for grip but they are constructed like crap.

Seems like I have to buy a news pair every time I use them.

The FootJoy gloves are solid.

I melt in the rain so....

I have a pair of FJ rain gloves, but can't remember the last time I used them. No complaints that I remember though.

Just purchased some HJ branded gloves off of Amazon. Korean brand with excellent reviews. $17 shipped.

I've got FJ rain gloves. My first pair lasted about 3-4 years (I don't play too often in the rain), and just bought my 2nd pair this year. One of the best $20 golf investments I've ever made.

I see a fair bit of rain, FJ WeatherSof perform great, are also good in the dry and are very well priced; Hirzl hybrid seems to get more grip in the wet, it's amazing, but pricier; the Puma 2013 synthetic is as good as the FJ, and practically being given away if you can find them, haven't tried the 2014 yet.

I have a pair of MacWet Golf rain gloves, and I they work like a charm. It really has to pour for me to put them on, but the wetter they get, the better they hold.

I have a pair of FJ rain gloves and a pair of Wilson Staff rain gloves. I like the WS better. For me though a lot depends on the golf grip I am using. Something like the lamkin crossline was just horrible when wet so I couldn't go gloveless.

Another vote for the FJ WeatherSof, living in Ireland I know all about liquid sunshine (rain). They work really well and an extra one in the bag also helps. Great combo with the black widow grips on my X hot irons.

And another for FootJoy rain gloves. They work very well. Just remember that they have to be fully wet to work effectively.

I tend to go gloveless in the rain too. FYI, this doesn't work well with GP Tour Wraps, but have had no issues with my Lamkin REL's. the key for me is to freshen up the grip with a dry towel and get to the shot as soon as possible.

JM

Couple cheap pairs of Wilson rain gloves in the bag. They do the job, aren't the most rugged gloves in the world.
They don't last much more than 8-10 rounds for me, but then again I tend to come indoors if it's bad enough that I need them. Tournaments and Golf Trips, mainly.

I am in the same boat as JB when its Raining or really wet I prefer to play with no glove.

I will start with i never wear a glove butI personally own the FJ rain gloves and I never wear them when it rains. What I have found is while the gloves are good they too get wet and wouldn't help at that moment. I just try and keep my hands and grips as dry as possible

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I tend to go gloveless in the rain too. FYI, this doesn't work well with GP Tour Wraps, but have had no issues with my Lamkin REL's. the key for me is to freshen up the grip with a dry towel and get to the shot as soon as possible.

JM

I wanted to go gloveless but ran into 2 issues:

Blisters on both hands from deck painting on Saturday

It was a downpour and I was walking.....simply couldn't keep a towel dry

Had to completely empty bag when I got home. Hell, drivers seat in car was still a bit damp this morning from my 40 minute drive home yesterday after 9 holes. Learned a few lessons yesterday! Haha

Yikes #Cookie! When I saw the pic of your shoes floating in the parking lot, I knew it must have been bad. If there is a glove that would help in that type of weather, I will be getting one for sure. Will be interested to hear how these perform for you......

How long will it be before you get that type of rain again? 40 years? :act-up:

JM

Back