Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they do have someone cleaning their grips after each shot.

I thought about that too.

Only other option is probably NDMC's.

I thought about that too.

Only other option is probably NDMC's.
I don't know what your options are a direct from what brand but if you are golfpride there are a lot of new grips over the last year.

I know they aren't sexy, but Tour Velvets have to be fine in humidity right? I mean, something like 50% of PGA Tour players use them alone and they are playing in all kinds of different conditions.

Just trying to look at midsize options and don't want to add a ton of weight. Midsize in the hopes it helps me with this hand injury. I put midsize Pure grips on and they seemed just fine to me. Not very many midsize grips in the Cleveland Custom catalog.

http://www.clevelandgolf.com/pdfs/2014-Custom-Catalog.pdf

Do you have the option to add wraps? I was told that 2 extra wraps on a standard grip would essentially make it a mid size grip.

I don't know what your options are a direct from what brand but if you are golfpride there are a lot of new grips over the last year.

There are a good number of options as whole, but really only a few midsize.

TV
NDMC
Some Winn old man grip
Dri Tac

No big deal though. I just want to keep control of the club, because I know that MB humidity can be crazy.

Do you have the option to add wraps? I was told that 2 extra wraps on a standard grip would essentially masher it a mid size grip.

Yea, three extra would do it. I always feel like that maks the grip mushy though. Might be worth it though.

There are a good number of options as whole, but really only a few midsize.

TV
NDMC
Some Winn old man grip
Dri Tac

No big deal though. I just want to keep control of the club, because I know that MB humidity can be crazy.

This made me laugh this morning. Thanks. I know some loathe them, but I've been happy with my NDMCs. I play +2 wraps on mine and don't think they're bad at all. As long as you've got a sound grip and you don't strangle the club, they shouldn't hurt your hands any more than any other grips.

I thought the Dri Tacs were ok but they wore out so fast. I've had my whiteouts on my irons for an entire season and they're still solid.

About the only thing that gives me pause is the added 10g. Yes I'm a swingweight nerd and I have no shame.

About the only thing that gives me pause is the added 10g. Yes I'm a swingweight nerd and I have no shame.
That's the reason I didn't go NDMC in mine, fitter was really concerned about the weight compared to a TV or what I ended up with, the 3gens.

LOL. With irons it shouldn't matter as much, or you can just add some tape. Can you mix & match? I used to game a dri tac lite on my old CG Black for the same reason. No issues since I didn't use it as often as some of my irons. Held up fine.

After the MC I can definitely do what I want with lead tape, but not for the event. I think I might just go the extra wraps route with some Lamkin ACE REL's. My hands are busted up with calluses and cracks from all the golf club swinging I've done this year. I got some tiger tape for the fingers, but prefer not to go that route if I don't have to.

After the MC I can definitely do what I want with lead tape, but not for the event. I think I might just go the extra wraps route with some Lamkin ACE REL's. My hands are busted up with calluses and cracks from all the golf club swinging I've done this year. I got some tiger tape for the fingers, but prefer not to go that route if I don't have to.

do I need to pack my SW Scale for you?

I can't do anything with it regardless, so no worries. I've got a master plan on my fancy spreadsheet anyway :)

I can't do anything with it regardless, so no worries. I've got a master plan on my fancy spreadsheet anyway :)

is that thing color coded?

Not yet, but maybe it will be now.

now that's exciting. I guess I should ponder something in here. I am pondering installing my VTS Silver hybrid shaft in to the X2 Hot 3 hybrid.

Fair enough. The RELs are good grips. As long as I kept them clean, I found that they were more tacky than the standard TVs on my i20s. I did enjoy the color options on those. They've got a bunch to pick from.

Hit j4u's bio cell plus irons a few times on the course today and pondered them for about 8 hrs as we played 36. Off the the what you buy thread I go now

Hit j4u's bio cell plus irons a few times on the course today and pondered them for about 8 hrs as we played 36. Off the the what you buy thread I go now
Hahaha that's hilarious

Quick ponder there, well done.

every ball I hit was pure. just fit me well. swing wise and looks wise. plus it was super cheap for a brand new set so couldnt resist

So you can send a friend the apexs now right! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back