Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Equipment Pondering Thread

There are few days that go by absent of Apex pondering, however, I am really connecting well with the DPCs right now.

Solid choice. Apex are some of the best ive gamed in a while, but not on the DPC level by any means.

Last edited:
There are few days that go by absent of Apex pondering, however, I am really connecting well with the DPCs right now.

Oh I know, that will last until about July 28th.

After the MC I can definitely do what I want with lead tape, but not for the event. I think I might just go the extra wraps route with some Lamkin ACE REL's. My hands are busted up with calluses and cracks from all the golf club swinging I've done this year. I got some tiger tape for the fingers, but prefer not to go that route if I don't have to.

Are the ACE 3gens good in the humidity? Those intrigue me because I've got two sets of callouses on my hands - one from golf and one from the gym, and corded grips (which would be nice in the humidity) concern me in terms of tearing up my hands.

I have those grips on my irons right now, and these low 90 high 80° days with 70-80% humidity I have had no issue's man. Usually my issue is sweating to much and my glove streches out. But for me I will be going with Golf Pride New Decades in July.
Are the ACE 3gens good in the humidity? Those intrigue me because I've got two sets of callouses on my hands - one from golf and one from the gym, and corded grips (which would be nice in the humidity) concern me in terms of tearing up my hands.

I have those grips on my irons right now, and these low 90 high 80° days with 70-80% humidity I have had no issue's man. Usually my issue is sweating to much and my glove streches out. But for me I will be going with Golf Pride New Decades in July.

I dont have much experience with the options we were given so I went with the tried and true NDMC's. The Z cords were just too harsh for me.

Yeah I really like the NDMC's after I got one on my 588 Wedge. No issues yet so far. Funny how 3-4 months ago I was all loving the Winn grips but that went away after JB showed me the light.
I dont have much experience with the options we were given so I went with the tried and true NDMC's. The Z cords were just too harsh for me.

Yea, ACE is a great material. That's what I think I'll do - just add three wraps to get to midsize.

Pondering how awesome it's gonna be to have a 3wd and hybo with shafts I can swing and will perform, also hoping my DPC's show up today so I can build them tomorrow

Yea, ACE is a great material. That's what I think I'll do - just add three wraps to get to midsize.

Thanks guys. It seems like the closest match to the Niions I've been playing, down to color choices as well. I haven't had any issues w/ the Niions either - really like coers said, it's been my glove.

I think they are decent in the midwest climate when wiped properly, but in a muggier, more humid climate they might get a bit slick during a round.

I think they are decent in the midwest climate when wiped properly, but in a muggier, more humid climate they might get a bit slick during a round.

Hmm - that makes me go back to pondering the NDMCs. I've played them before (have the whiteout on my bertha), so at least there aren't any surprises there. I can't say I've played with the Niions outside the Northeast.

Hmm - that makes me go back to pondering the NDMCs. I've played them before (have the whiteout on my bertha), so at least there aren't any surprises there. I can't say I've played with the Niions outside the Northeast.

Love my NDMCs for the muggy days. I am not sure I can change from them, they offer me really everything I need in a grip

What about UTx's? Those are fantastic in the wet, but much less harsh than a true corded grip like the NDMC, Z-Cord, etc.

What about UTx's? Those are fantastic in the wet, but much less harsh than a true corded grip like the NDMC, Z-Cord, etc.

Been great in the humidity for me thusfar. MAJOR fan.

Pondering the new Bridgestone balls. Not sure which one I would fit best into, the bfit was almost 50/50 b330/b330s

I am intrigued based on the reviews I read from our wonderful writers

epoch tees

Pondering the new Bridgestone balls. Not sure which one I would fit best into, the bfit was almost 50/50 b330/b330s

Thats what I fit into with them, but I love the RX more comparatively on the course. So good.

epoch tees

Tell me more about these epoch tees. I've always used plain ole wooden tees. Im assuming these are nearly unbreakable? I've used a plastic tee once and it would get all bent and would be annoying trying to get the ball on the tee.

I had been holding off on ordering the UTX in the buy-one-get-one promo. Finally make up my mind this morning, go to order them.... promo over....

Darn it.

More grip ponder I guess now.

I nearly went with the NDMCs for the Morgan Cup, however the whiteouts and grey versions were not options. Silly thing of course, being selective like that, as they would perform extremely well under those conditions.

You should track down a local BStone ball fitting van. Surely they are around your neck of the woods visiting ranges and courses.

Tell me more about these epoch tees. I've always used plain ole wooden tees. Im assuming these are nearly unbreakable? I've used a plastic tee once and it would get all bent and would be annoying trying to get the ball on the tee.

I was actually waiting for THP to have them back in store to try them, but just having a THP logo on them make them worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back