Cleveland Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

I'm going tomorrow to get a fitting with the current clubs. Just want to figure out shafts, flexes, wedges, putter and all other numbers. Can't wait to see what I'll figure out.

Have fun!

thanks really looking to see if they have some of those shafts we can choose from and also figure everything else. Should be a great time.

Hopefully my dude

That's pretty much my MO going forward, until I hear otherwise. Pretty much only relaying my excitement from here on out.

#safetyfirst :)

No need to elaborate fellas. Better safe than sorry and we can all oogle over everything in just over a month! Have fun with your orders!

The funny thing is that the actual clubs aren't even a big ponder for me. I knew what I wanted the first time I looked. Shafts/specs/grips has been the focus of my ponders at this point.

The funny thing is that the actual clubs aren't even a big ponder for me. I knew what I wanted the first time I looked. Shafts/specs/grips has been the focus of my ponders at this point.

Im sort of in the same boat except deciding on # of wedges, once I have that done that will help the other end of the bag and should be able to lock most of this up real soon

Im sort of in the same boat except deciding on # of wedges, once I have that done that will help the other end of the bag and should be able to lock most of this up real soon
What are you thinking about loft-wise for wedges?

Ha, I wish I could say the same! I've mostly got the shafts/grips chosen, clubs are completely up in the air.

Well ended up getting a full bag fitting tonight with the Cleveland Fitting Cart tonight. Was surprised when I arrived because they had a trackman which they told me they didn't have one. Found out that the Callaway local salesman left his job so the Callaway rep which fitted me had all his equipment including the trackman. But ended up getting fit inside a fitting bay on the turf. Something I was surprised tonight was my swing speed and he actually recommended the stiff flex for me. Have always played a Regular Flex but recently, thanks to Mr.Kang (KC720) my swing speed has gone up. Use to be a 85-92 but tonight I was averaging 94-98(Driver) which is great for me. Shafts that I hit well tonight was Woods (Fubuki Tour 53)/Irons(Nippons NS Pro950)/Wedges(Nippons NS Pro WV 115). Then on the putter he recommended the SS CS which is my current gamer. So overall tonight found out all kinds of info for my #THPMC Staff Bag and this is really going to help me decide on what is best for me. Gonna worked with my fellow Cleveland/Srixon Staffers and get this all figured out.

So for numbers tonight it was:

Driver: Launch-13-15° Spin 1800- 2400 Club Speed 94-98
6iron: Launch 14-17° Spin 5500-6000 Club Speed 84-88
Wedges: Launch 24-30° Spin 8500-10000 Club Speed 75-80

Mine is doneski. DONE! Well... almost.

Curious what change you made to get that swing speed up so much?

Waiting on a couple inquiries and reached out for a length/lie fitting with my instructor. Just something really basic.

Well ended up getting a full bag fitting tonight with the Cleveland Fitting Cart tonight. Was surprised when I arrived because they had a trackman which they told me they didn't have one. Found out that the Callaway local salesman left his job so the Callaway rep which fitted me had all his equipment including the trackman. But ended up getting fit inside a fitting bay on the turf. Something I was surprised tonight was my swing speed and he actually recommended the stiff flex for me. Have always played a Regular Flex but recently, thanks to Mr.Kang (KC720) my swing speed has gone up. Use to be a 85-92 but tonight I was averaging 94-98(Driver) which is great for me. Shafts that I hit well tonight was Woods (Fubuki Tour 53)/Irons(Nippons NS Pro950)/Wedges(Nippons NS Pro WV 115). Then on the putter he recommended the SS CS which is my current gamer. So overall tonight found out all kinds of info for my #THPMC Staff Bag and this is really going to help me decide on what is best for me. Gonna worked with my fellow Cleveland/Srixon Staffers and get this all figured out.

So for numbers tonight it was:

Driver: Launch-13-15° Spin 1800- 2400 Club Speed 94-98
6iron: Launch 14-17° Spin 5500-6000 Club Speed 84-88
Wedges: Launch 24-30° Spin 8500-10000 Club Speed 75-80
Those are some pretty impressive swing speed numbers considering the 1st time we played together we were hitting it about the same distance. You have gained about 10mph since then, we'll done!

Curious what change you made to get that swing speed up so much?
I went the ARod route lol. nope worked with Kang on the range in Indy and me and him are about the same size. so he showed me what he was doing in his swing and I did the same.

Those are some pretty impressive swing speed numbers considering the 1st time we played together we were hitting it about the same distance. You have gained about 10mph since then, we'll done!
thanks Andy. shoot you seen last time I was playing my three wood was about your driver distance. but hey if it's in the fairway i'm happy.

Hows things coming along fellas? I "think" I have my lineup set, now Im going back and forth on putters of all things.

Hows things coming along fellas? I "think" I have my lineup set, now Im going back and forth on putters of all things.
I'm really good after that fitting yesterday. gave me a great foundation to base my clubs off of.

I'm really good after that fitting yesterday. gave me a great foundation to base my clubs off of.
That's solid, I'm pretty set on most the shafts, debating in some sports going reg flex but still not sure

That's solid, I'm pretty set on most the shafts, debating in some sports going reg flex but still not sure

what clubheads are you looking at

Spoiler

Back