2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

The Gauntlet at Lonnie Poole, UNC Finley, and Duke University Golf Club would be awesome. I agree, Raleigh would be an awesome time even at one of those courses.

Oh man. Minus any event with Bridgestone or Puma, I would put that at the top of my list.

Florida, Georgia, South Carolina are givens for me. Always a good turnout at invitationals and other events held in those areas.

Phoenix/Scottsdale would be a no brainer for me for the next 4 years.

I don't know anything about the golf but saw someone else mention it, Austin, TX. A town that's been on my list to visit for a while.

Greensboro, NC. Some good golf in the area, has its own small airport and convenient to RDU and Charlotte.

Would love to see more of the company sponsored events next year- Adams, SeeMore were fun to follow as will be the Wilson event. How about Bridgestone in Covington, GA for 2015? Driven by their plant more times than I'd care to mention when I used to have a sales territory out there. Have always wanted to see inside it!

Edited to add: Alabama. RTJ Trail would be fun. The short courses would be a blast with a big group. I know Birmingham has been mentioned already, but another to think of would be Auburn/Opelika. Not too far of a drive from the ATL airport at just under 100 miles and about 1.5 hour drive.

The Trail has been on my list for awhile. If not for THP events, I probably would have did that this summer. Two birds, one stone. Let's do it!

Arcadia bluffs, Forest Dunes both nationally ranked courses...

Who wants to come to michigan??!

I just picked up a hotel in Birch Run today. Might need to make a site visit.

I have heard so many great things about Michigan Golf. I have no doubt any event there would be a great time.

Just a quick correction that every event but one was a sponsored event this year.
Love Is In The Air was the only event sponsored solely by THP. Each of the other 13 or so, have had sponsors.
If you mean at a company HQ, dont forget the Grandaddy that is done that way as well.

yes, meant at a company HQ. Poor choice of words by me. I love the Bridgestone hat and balls I got for swag at the Bridgestone Hilton Head Invitational! And who could ever forget the pics of the #dreamteam at Callaway heaven last December as they were continually blown away by swag, announcements, and knowledge by club engineers and the #zoocrew.

I would like to see an event that had a Top Golf included if that was possible. I do like the Scottsdale area as well. Eventually I would like to make it to the PNW but that would likely need to be a longer trip that is not on the radar right now. The RTJ trail is an interesting idea.

Ohio missed you this year, THP. So i'll add that -- There are some fun courses in Columbus!

Also, Franklin TN. For one reason.

I would sign up now for a return trip to Franklin.

I would like to see an event that had a Top Golf included if that was possible. I do like the Scottsdale area as well. Eventually I would like to make it to the PNW but that would likely need to be a longer trip that is not on the radar right now. The RTJ trail is an interesting idea.

Dallas can handle the Top Golf requirement.

Austin can as well!

And San Antonio.

Sensing a trend here.

<skimmed; I have not read one other idea, so forgive me if posted>

Indy and Atlanta, and for more than the obvious reasons.

Both have lots of Albatross members...if not IN the city, then very nearby.

Both are major airline and interstate hubs. ATL is the busiest airport and Indy is the "crossroads of America".

Both have top notch golf and abundant lodging.
(I could play Prairie View in Indy for the rest of my life!)
(And how about the Reynolds Plantation?)

There just so happens to be a really nice little place out in the peace and quiet that nobody outside these parts has heard of; Lane Creek.
Lane Creek is no joke. Super test of skills and perfect for an out-of-the-way event.
Nearby there happens to be a super sweet little course once graced by the likes of Harris English, Patrick Reed, Russell Henley, Chris Kirk, Brendon Todd, and a dude named Bubba Watson
Being a college town, there would be plenty to do, and maybe if school's out, rates on everything would be lower(?). At the very least, traffic wouldn't be much of a bother and maybe being a bit more east, some of our SC and NC friends might be 'urged' into singing up since it's closer.

Austin can as well!

And San Antonio.

Sensing a trend here.

I would love to see THP take over a TopGolf somewhere and a karaoke bar in Scottsdale for some weird reason.

It hadn't been mentioned, but it's THP & never say never. How about the Greenbriar? Plenty of golf & non golf stuff to do, just not sure on how easy it is to get here.

Very hard to get to, I've looked into a trip there because my brother lives in WV but the logistics aren't favorable.

If Austin was ever a target again, Barton Creek would be phenomenal and could be a stay n play IIRC.

Really close to the lake and has a nice spa, etc.

Now Austin would be a good idea. Saturday night BBQ dinner would be awesome. :)

I know that this thread is about locations, but in terms of scheduling: please don't put another event on Mother's Day weekend (or Father's Day, for that matter).

Austin can as well!

And San Antonio.

Sensing a trend here.

Houston had two locations & one is up north near the airport and Woodlands resort. Stay & play with great food and shopping..... Just saying... :)

The muscle shoals outing was a blast. Need to do a rtj Huntsville outing or in Nashville

The muscle shoals outing was a blast. Need to do a rtj Huntsville outing or in Nashville

THP was just in Nashville brother. Less than 2 weeks ago.

THP was just in Nashville brother. Less than 2 weeks ago.

Yea got married that day so I missed it

Austin can as well!

And San Antonio.

Sensing a trend here.

Texas golf is hard. Plus my mother in law lives there. No thanks.

Austin can as well!

And San Antonio.

Sensing a trend here.
Scottsdale just opened a Top Golf at Talking Stick Resort.

I would be super stoked if THP went to any of the following cities (or surrounding areas), because I know of numerous fantastic courses and great hotels within an hour of their airports:

Seattle, WA
Spokane, WA/Coeur d'Alene, ID
San Francisco, CA
Philadelphia, PA
Denver, CO
Williamsburg, VA

Which course in Ann Arbor? Nothing stellar out there. Maybe mid level golf.

Travis Pointe CC, University of Michigan Golf Course, Eagle Crest in Ypsi (has lodging, too), Polo Fields Golf and CC to name a few in AA.

Could scatter about 15 mins in either direction to find Pheasant Run, TPC Michigan, and a few others just a short drive away.

Travis Pointe CC, University of Michigan Golf Course, Eagle Crest in Ypsi (has lodging, too), Polo Fields Golf and CC to name a few in AA.

Could scatter about 15 mins in either direction to find Pheasant Run, TPC Michigan, and a few others just a short drive away.

Univ of Michigan and Eagle Crest are ok. Just don't think for the money it's worth it.

Now Pheasant Run, offering 27 holes is a stellar course. As far as TPC Michigan it's difficult to get out on.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind seeing a n event in Michigan. (Home for me), but feel like there are several other areas to select from.

Too bad Traverse City isn't easy to get to.

Univ of Michigan and Eagle Crest are ok. Just don't think for the money it's worth it.

Now Pheasant Run, offering 27 holes is a stellar course. As far as TPC Michigan it's difficult to get out on.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind seeing a n event in Michigan. (Home for me), but feel like there are several other areas to select from.

Like Bucks Run, Treetops, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs?

I could get THP on at Eagle Crest for basically free (if you're in the area again let me know and we could play). But yeah Traverse City would be amazing but we all know it wouldn't work logistically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I haven't been to an official THP event I will refrain from making suggestions, I'm sure the people who have put in the miles in the past have a much better grasp than I (plus I'm still excited knowing 2015 has a west coast event coming to try and get into). Out of curiosity has THP ever considered going international? Do you think one day the company would be in a position to do some kind of Royal & Ancient golf event or something similar?

Back