The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today in League my 5 iron was set beside me when a cart comes up and runs it over, my next 5 iron swing, my shaft breaks at the grip.

Super bummed... Time to reshaft some irons.
So much for keeping the clubs in the wife's trunk and taking a week off :)

Today in League my 5 iron was set beside me when a cart comes up and runs it over, my next 5 iron swing, my shaft breaks at the grip.

Super bummed... Time to reshaft some irons.

Wow. If that's not a sign then I'm not sure what is

ugh...wife and I split a bottle of wine last night..worst bottle ever, very difficult to even swallow (but still felt compelled to drink). Have a terrible headache this morning...

ugh...wife and I split a bottle of wine last night..worst bottle ever, very difficult to even swallow (but still felt compelled to drink). Have a terrible headache this morning...

Wine headaches are the worst.

My non-golf related rant is customer service related.

Having lunch at a local Asian food place. It's a small chain of 5-10 locations serving what I consider upscale Chinese and sushi (think of PF Changs kind of quality). Anyway, we come in and are seated at the next booth from where a woman and her three young kids are seated already eating. The youngest kid has gotten some food on the floor, as young ones tend to do. So, they pay their bill and leave, and the bartender/waiter comes over with another waitress to bus the table and clean up. This bartender is sarcastic and jokes with customers (reads our drink order of water back to us as vodka, etc). Anyway, these two quotes come out of his mouth in a very frustrated tone loud enough that two of us looked at each other with the did we hear that right expression..."This is NOT a family restaurant" and "she's probably too cheap to hire a babysitter". Now for more perspective, this is a restaurant that I have taken my kids to, especially at lunch time, and offers a kids menu, not to mention that they are never super busy at lunch.

As the father of two kids, and eating with two other fathers, this made me extraordinarily livid...and it takes a lot to get me that mad. If he was our server this day, he would have already been told off, but since he was not, an email has been sent to the restaurant with this information as well as my intent to never return. Additionally my wife will be spreading the word among her Mom's Club that apparently this is no longer considered "kid friendly".

I type this both as a mental release as well as a note to anyone who works in a customer service field. I understand the daily grind can be frustrating, but you are being paid to do a job, and other customers do not want to hear you bad talking other customers regardless of how good it may feel in the moment to do so. Just makes you wonder what they say about you when you leave.

^^^True. I am old enough to remember when customer service was a given. These days just plain customer service is rare, and good customer service is almost non-existent.

As part of my job I sometimes make large ticket acquisitions of analytical instruments ($10K - $200K), and just getting some of these companies to respond to your inquiries is like pulling teeth. It's like, 'Don't you want my money???'

3 day golf trip starting tomorrow, and the forecast there is Thundershowers tomorrow, rain Thurs, and probably rain Friday. We moved the dates this year for one guy who couldn't go our usual week. I can't reschedule my vacation, and we're prepaid.

Lock 8 wet drunks in a couple cabins for 3 days. This could be a friggin reality show by the time we get back.

Come on, weather guys. Surely you can screw up a forecast on a weekday and not just on weekends, right? Mind you, I've NEVER seen 100% chance of rain predicted ahead of time before...

Tornado warnings in Indianapolis. Not going to lie, being from the Northeast, hearing these sirens for the first time is a little scary.

Tornado warnings in Indianapolis. Not going to lie, being from the Northeast, hearing these sirens for the first time is a little scary.
After awhile, you get used to them. If you hear something like a freight train ... THEN you worry.

Tips: Keep windows CLOSED. Hide in an interior bathroom or closet. Protect your head.

After awhile, you get used to them. If you hear something like a freight train ... THEN you worry.

Tips: Keep windows CLOSED. Hide in an interior bathroom or closet. Protect your head.
Thanks. Apparently one was spotted at the Speedway so everyone is being moved. We have been moved to the basement.

Thanks. Apparently one was spotted at the Speedway so everyone is being moved. We have been moved to the basement.

Jeebus...be safe my friend.

And just like that the hooks are back. This is so GD frustrating right now.

To the POS that thought it was ok to hit my wife's SUV and not stop I hope karma catches up with you!

Do I need to mention...more delay's. This is ridiculous. I spend more damn time staring at other flights other than mine taking off.

It's range night and it's lightening/thundering. :(

"Oh we didn't powder coat, we sprayed it in house.'' Well now I have to get stuff stripped and powdercoated.

"Oh we didn't check that over when you ordered, and only produced 1/4 of your order that you need for tomorrow." Now we have to scramble.

"Oh we thought the computers would work, so we didn't test it." Now no one has gotten anything done all day, and when they did try to fix it they fixed the secretary's computer before any of the bosses, or purchasers.

I want to smash my head through my monitor I am so annoyed at how this day has gone.

Can't find the live round thread. Can someone bump please?

I have an eye issue with the lower lid swollen with a good bit of irritation and pain. Not much reading or THP'ing for me until relief is found :beat-up:

I have an eye issue with the lower lid swollen with a good bit of irritation and pain. Not much reading or THP'ing for me until relief is found :beat-up:
Could be a stye perhaps? I get them on occasion

head of my driver came loose yesterday and i drove all the way to Golf galaxy today to get the adapter cap pulled off and the guy said he wasn't comfortable pulling it and i have to come back tomorrow now. worried about it since i need that and to get it pulled without it breaking and expoxied back on and dry by friday morning when i leave for OCMD.

Still struggling with the THP/golf/home life balance. And it's starting to show at home....

Still struggling with the THP/golf/home life balance. And it's starting to show at home....
We have talked about this..reread the texts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back