Official 2014 World Cup Thread (Spoilers)

I wouldn't be surprised if Suarez is hit really hard. Year long suspension from all competition and a lifetime ban from international competition sounds right.

He's already been suspended 3 separate times, 2 for biting, for 25 games total. I'd say 3 strikes for biting and you are out for good (it'd be 2 in my book).

I wouldn't be surprised if Suarez is hit really hard. Year long suspension from all competition and a lifetime ban from international competition sounds right.
From what I've read, next up is a two year ban.

Suarez is a complete animal! I hope FIFA throw the book at him! I'd also like to see Liverpool offload him so we don't have to stomach him in the EPL, but of course, that won't happen.

He's already been suspended 3 separate times, 2 for biting, for 25 games total. I'd say 3 strikes for biting and you are out for good (it'd be 2 in my book).

Eric Cantona got an 8 month ban for kicking a fan in the face. If that didn't, then Suarez won't either.

Granted. That happened 19 years ago

PortlyThinFoal.gif

Messi is so awesome.

The goalie looked like he was frozen, who would have thought a left footed guy would go right side

The goalie looked like he was frozen, who would have thought a left footed guy would go right side

He can do whatever he wants with the ball. It's insane. The goalie is probably still trying to figure out where up is.

Oh my Messi. What a goal.

Looks like the rumors between Germany and USA agreeing to a tie are debunked.

"As a player, we don't play for a draw," Ozil, of English club Arsenal, said Wednesday at Germany's pre-match news conference. "Our objective out on the pitch is to do the utmost to win, and that's what we're going to do against the United States. We want to [finish] first in the group, and that's why we're going to win."

Those rumours were more wishful thinking by US fans. They weren't rumours I had heard, apart from on a couple of forums. Germany have absolutely nothing to gain from agreeing to draw a game they are probably extremely confident of winning. Plus it would constitute match fixing!

The US certainly needs to play for a win because playing Belgium in the knockout stage is the epitome of undesirable. Those guys are playing some very strong soccer right now.

Excited for the game today!

Espn will be streaming on an extra monitor at work - go USA!

Come on Germany.

Haha, my grandmother was from Germany, and as there is no new zealand in the world cup this year I have to choose them. :D
Call it a hunch but I think I'm 5 hours you will be outnumbered.

maybe a tie and everyone wins (poaaibly)...sorta

Lol yeah I guessed I would be, I'm OK with being the odd one out. I'll say 3-2 germany, sorry mike :)

Working from home today to watch this in the comfort of my own home.

Envision a "spirited" tie. We might even get a little frisky and score a goal.

Nice. Why would they do a day game!??!?

Tappin from the iPhone

Brazil is 2 hours ahead so it's a 1pm start there & they need to get these group matches done. That's why both matches going simultaneously

So this is a current picture of Recife, where the USA-Germay game will be played:

BrDlA1mIgAARZnZ.jpg

I can't imagine that the field conditions will be all that good. 0-0 draw sounds good to me.

So this is a current picture of Recife, where the USA-Germay game will be played:

BrDlA1mIgAARZnZ.jpg

I can't imagine that the field conditions will be all that good. 0-0 draw sounds good to me.

Niiiiice.

Back