2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

Nashville for the music outside of golf, and to be able to hang out with SparksJr..?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

This guy.

Gaylord Springs does have stay and play and BNA is a good airport.

This has been a fun thread. Thanks for letting us have some input, Mike.

I haven't read the whole thread but in skimming didn't see any mention of something near the Greenbrier. We've looked into golf trips there and it's a beautiful area. Lot of history and some nice course selections.

Hopefully many of the members who hang out in the regional threads will take some time and chime in.

The Charlotte, NC area would be a good place as well. Carowinds on Friday, golf on Saturday ...

I haven't read the whole thread but in skimming didn't see any mention of something near the Greenbrier. We've looked into golf trips there and it's a beautiful area. Lot of history and some nice course selections.

A few guys mentioned it, I think a few then said it was tough to get to, but ya never know

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I think another stop in Des Moines, IA at the Tournament Club of Iowa would be a great addition to the 2015 calendar. I know it was a huge hit a couple years ago for the tour van stop.

The Charlotte, NC area would be a good place as well. Carowinds on Friday, golf on Saturday ...

Charlotte's a great city, good food, good golf, and plenty to do around town.

A few random thoughts-

Another vote for Philly, I grew up there and the location is great. It also has a bigger (though crummy) airport for those tho want to fly. Unfortunately, I can't suggest any courses but there certainly seem to be plenty of options.

On the "want to play" course theme, isn't Arnold Palmer's hometown/course in Latrobe, PA out near Pittsburgh? That would work for Ohio THP'ers and is still driveable from most of New England.

LIITA was a completely amazing event and I really hope it comes back. Wife and I had a great time and she has now been bit by the golf bug REALLY hard, primarily as a result of this event.

Latrobe CC is Arnies's home track but is crazy hard to get on to. It's also quite the drive from Pittsburgh so anyone flying in would have a rougher time getting there.

Quicksilver would be a great venue in the immediate area as its reasonably close to the airport and has hosted events on the PGA and Champions tours. Easy trip home for me too.

Hopefully many of the members who hang out in the regional threads will take some time and chime in.

Course needs to be 10 min. from their house and they select the weekend. :alien:

I like the idea for colorado for sure. I also like all the texas ideas and for the north east i would vote for pittsburgh.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Course needs to be 10 min. from their house and they select the weekend. :alien:
stop talking about me lol :p

back on topic, although nate would kill me for wearing crimson and cream while there, I think Austin, TX would be a fun place for an event.

also anywhere that has a Dave and Busters close is good too

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Pondering if an event in 2015 would fit my schedule :) I need a reason to fly over, but I'll figure something out.

I'm gonna trust the judgment of people who have traveled more and played more courses than I have. THP hasn't stirred me wrong for an event that I've been to, and I don't expect that change. I'm just hoping my schedule/budget will allow me to make it to a couple of events next year.

A few guys mentioned it, I think a few then said it was tough to get to, but ya never know

My wife wanted to look into it because she said it looked fun, then I saw the hotel rates and other associated costs...

I never thought I would look at a trip to Disney World as a bargain.

Speaking of, Stay and Play and Parks event at Walt Disney World!

Pondering if an event in 2015 would fit my schedule :) I need a reason to fly over, but I'll figure something out.
If you need a reason I'd love to tee it up again!!!

If you need a reason I'd love to tee it up again!!!

:D Me too.

I'll try to figure out some work related thing for next year :) Golf with good people might not be enough for my wife ;)

Williamsburg VA would be my vote but have been to outings in AC, Myrtle and Orlando, any of those places are good to me. My only problem is work, hard for me to do anything in the summer months. So it's all timing for me.

I would add another vote for Williamsburg va. It's got some great choices for golf and for good prices during the year. It's just off 95 by 45 minutes and has plenty of rooming available seeing as there is Busch Gardens there for extra activities.

Maybe something in this general area?

2uzuw5g.jpg

I went ahead and made Seth's map to save him the trouble.

2eyup8o.jpg

I would add another vote for Williamsburg. A lot of nice courses in the area.....and close to a lot of people close on the east coast.

Sent using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I live in West KY..and other than the Indy event and Nashville Event nothing is really close enough. I'd love to see something added in KY. We have some really good courses here that are very underrated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back