2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

Oh next week you say JB, that will be one of the best weeks EVER!!!. Im not good at contests but to be in this ill be pulling out all the stops, its got me so excited, just don't tell the wife haha(nah she knows). She even asked me if id fly there by myself, to be in this amazing competition HELL YEAH!!!

Man James, I know it wasn't an easy decision for you but in the end I know you did what's best for you. You will be missed but your replacement is not bad either.

Cool, confident, cold, calculating and COOKIE!

You are gonna do great man!

Zoo Crew? Not so much..............

JM

congrats on the news. Both you and Jman. I played a round today with JLukes that was blessed last year. I'm fairly new here but followed last year. Giving it my all to be part of this great event. I'm ready, willing and able to help bring the Crew to its knees. Long live nation #Eclair day.

So who is ready for some contests?!?!

Great introduction video to kick it off #captaincookie let's do this!

This just kicked it up another notch for me. Hoping to one day soon be able to earn a spot and be a part of team #basementdweller

I've done pretty good at entry contests in the past.

This will have my BEST effort ever!

Lucky for you, you don't have to win a contest. Seriously, you're one of the nicest guys on the forum (hell, all of THP staff is), but I'm really happy to see you get your shot, and agree James' reason for stepping down is about the best there is. Will try my hardest to make your team to take on Callaway, but whether or not I make it, you have my full support!

Congrats Captain Cookie!

What a great choice...well done to Cookie and Jman, beginnings to things of greatness of both accords! So much excitement in both households.

Cookie!!! Either beside you in battle or cheering from behind the keyboard, you and the Dream2eam have my support.

I'll tell you gents what....the entries for this one are going to be out of this world!

I've seen so many posts combined with texts and PM's and I know that the desire to get into this one is something fierce.

Give it your all when the contests start next week cause a TON of other THP'ers will be doing the same!

Just the thought of what's included with a winning entry is truly mind blowing and something I doubted I would ever experience.

Now I just need 7 THP'ers that have a desire to kick some #ZooCrew tails with me!

I'll tell you gents what....the entries for this one are going to be out of this world!

I've seen so many posts combined with texts and PM's and I know that the desire to get into this one is something fierce.

Give it your all when the contests start next week cause a TON of other THP'ers will be doing the same!

Just the thought of what's included with a winning entry is truly mind blowing and something I doubted I would ever experience.

Now I just need 7 THP'ers that have a desire to kick some #ZooCrew tails with me!
1. Desire - check
2. Creativity-check (Hopefully enough)
3. Game Ready - check
4. Granddaddy Dos-Priceless

I've got the desire and I have no doubt the creative juices will be flowing, just give me a chance to enter captain! It will be broughten!!!

Always Practicing bc I know my will be called and I will be ready! #BasementDwellers

Count me in Capt. Cookie !

I desperately want to be part of the "Magnificent 7 + 1".

Are there any sort of restrictions as to the quality of player for the #Grandaddy?

Are there any sort of restrictions as to the quality of player for the #Grandaddy?

That's a good question. I just re-read the first post and there is no mention of handicap requirements.....nor do I think there will be. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm misspeaking here.

Last year I want to say we had a rough range of 2-14 handicap golfers representing THP.

Plenty of time to work at getting better and I'm certain that everyone selected will do just that!

Excellent question! I'll be entering either way, but if I'm not even eligible I can forego all the emotional highs and lows of the entry process :)

That's a good question. I just re-read the first post and there is no mention of handicap requirements.....nor do I think there will be. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm misspeaking here.

Last year I want to say we had a rough range of 2-14 handicap golfers representing THP.

Plenty of time to work at getting better and I'm certain that everyone selected will do just that!
I believe last year was a handicapped match, and I seem to recall JB saying the only THP event with a restriction is the MC, so I think everyone should try to get into this one.

I believe last year was a handicapped match, and I seem to recall JB saying the only THP event with a restriction is the MC, so I think everyone should try to get into this one.

You're correct. Last year was handicapped during the event but I'm not sure if that is happening again this year or not (hate making assumptions).

My advice is that if this event interests you at all (how in the world could it not?!?!), then give the entry process your best effort and we will sort out all the cap stuff in due time!

You're correct. Last year was handicapped during the event but I'm not sure if that is happening again this year or not (hate making assumptions).

My advice is that if this event interests you at all (how in the world could it not?!?!), then give the entry process your best effort and we will sort out all the cap stuff in due time!
Wisdom like that is what's going to make you a great captain.

Back