Bobby Jones Arrives At Royal Liverpool

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is part of a press release and I wanted to post it because its pretty darn cool.

Bobby Jones, celebrating the iconic brand’s 25[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary in 2014, announced today the opening of The Royal Liverpool Golf Club’s Bobby Jones ‘Shop in Shop’. An apt addition to the concept that the business is rolling out worldwide, given that this prestigious golf club was the host venue for The Open that Jones won as part of his historic 1930 Grand Slam.

“It has been a pleasure to work with the team at Bobby Jones this year,” said John Heggarty, Head Pro at The Royal Liverpool Golf Club. “2014 is such an exciting year for the Royal Liverpool Golf Club and it is fantastic to be reminded of the greats that have played and won on our course in previous Open championships.”

The dedicated shop area has been outfitted with specially commissioned furniture, pictures of Bobby Jones from the 1930 Grand Slam and a bespoke ‘Greatest of them All’ point-of-sale display designed to commemorate the brand’s 25[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary. In addition to the Bobby Jones branding, a range of crested Royal Liverpool Bobby Jones garments are available to purchase, providing a perfect memento of the 143[SUP]rd[/SUP] Open Championship.

photo2-L.jpg

photo4-L.jpg

That's cool. They have any other extravagant setups like that elsewhere?

Cool stuff here - perfect venue for the brand as well. Wonder how much a Royal Liverpool shirt would set me back.

• Admin
Very appropriate place and time for something like this. I'm a big fan of the new Bobby Jones line.

Great looking displays. I'm pretty impressed with the Bobby Jones line.

that looks very similar to their PGA Show booth. Which is pretty incredible in it's own right.

Nice to see. Keeping the history alive. I hope the Liverpool tiein helps this apparel just fly off the shelf at this years Open Championship.

My friend is over there right now playing Royal Liverpool this week. Love the Bobby Jones line, esp. shirts and pullovers. a little pricey but great quality, and you get what you pay for.

My friend is over there right now playing Royal Liverpool this week. Love the Bobby Jones line, esp. shirts and pullovers. a little pricey but great quality, and you get what you pay for.

I tend to agree with that in terms of durability - with cotton garments especially.

I bet they sell the hell out of this line at RLP.

That looks sweet and is a great idea. Love seeing this dialing back history.

Very cool idea and a great tie in.

That is an amazing concept; hope they put some of these in the US.

Doesn't get much cooler than that and quite a nice tie-in from a marketing perspective.

JM

Some amazimg stuff in those displays!

Back