Adams build quality... not happy at all

Bog33y

Reaction score
Handicap
Frustrated, upset, confused...

Purchased my Adams Super S iron set, brand new a year ago and have had 3 issues with the quality of the clubs they built. I just had my 8i snap yesterday from the tee box, the ferrules on my 7i and PW came loose before that, and my 5i snapped earlier this year. Sure they can fix what broke, but my confidence in their equipment is completely gone. I just can't trust Adams again... 2 clubs break... 2 clubs?? :at-wits-end:

I've had my Gigagolf wedges longer than my iron set and no issues what so ever. Adams will get an earful for sure...

Bummer man. Vote with your wallet is my advice.

It is funny, because they have some of, if not the tightest build tolerances on the market. When we toured their HQ they talked about how they independently test the COR on all of their drivers multiple times. Occasionally things happen man, but I can assure you they make a solid product.

That is weird. I've had my CMBs for almost 2 years and they're solid as a rock. Sucks to get a lemon though, I totally understand. Have you asked them to just replace the whole set?

I've had my A3OS set for 5 years with no issues and my brother has had the Idea A1 set for about 7. He's had 1 head fly off, but for that to be the only issue in 7 years isn't bad, especially because he's known to take his anger out on his clubs.

Bummer man. Vote with your wallet is my advice.

Unfortunately that's not in my cards in the immediate future, but that will be my next move when the time comes.

It is funny, because they have some of, if not the tightest build tolerances on the market.

That is weird. I've had my CMBs for almost 2 years and they're solid as a rock. Sucks to get a lemon though, I totally understand. Have you asked them to just replace the whole set?

That's the root of my frustration, especially going from Gigagolf irons to name brand. I'm hoping they'll offer a new set, or at least offer to re-shaft my entire set. We'll see...

I have a set of a12OS and a set of CB3's, never had a problem with either. I agree with the suggestion to contact them & check about a full replacement, I believe Adams Golf would love to hear about your problem.

Last edited:
Contact them, CALL if you can.

Yeah I've had my CB3s for 2 years and no issues at all. Adams will honor their warranty though....I can guarantee that. Where did they snap?? Was it right at the hosel?? Was it midway up the shaft?? Kind of strange for a KBS tour to snap. I can assure you it is an isolated issue and it doesn't happen with Adams products as much but at any rate just trade it in buddy. Thanks

I understand your frustration but the snapping problem sounds like a shaft issue. No excuse for ferrules coming loose though.

Hopefully everything gets taken care of for you.

I don't think that Adams makes their own shafts, so if the shafts snapped on you, I'd be more angry at whichever company made the shaft.

Frustrated, upset, confused...

Purchased my Adams Super S iron set, brand new a year ago and have had 3 issues with the quality of the clubs they built. I just had my 8i snap yesterday from the tee box, the ferrules on my 7i and PW came loose before that, and my 5i snapped earlier this year. Sure they can fix what broke, but my confidence in their equipment is completely gone. I just can't trust Adams again... 2 clubs break... 2 clubs?? :at-wits-end:

I've had my Gigagolf wedges longer than my iron set and no issues what so ever. Adams will get an earful for sure...

I'd definitely focus more on the shaft concern than anything else. Nothing wrong with the clubs, and they are probably not shafts made by Adams, so you've got that going for you.

Reach out to them - I've seen countless people get shafts replaced, although having chats with local store guys about people coming in with "shafts that snapped on a regular swing" always gets a good chuckle.

Solid company! Extremely customer oriented. I have been very satisfied with their CB3 irons and never had a problem. They are all regular folks and WANT to help their customers if they are able. As has been mentioned. CALL them, explain your experience.

JM

Give them a call. The customer service & support is top notch in my book.
Just remember, the person you are talking to had nothing to do with the clubs. They didn't build them or QA them & while I understand the frustration, they are there to help you keep calm and things might just well.
Not saying you're going to "act the fool" but dealing with customers all day makes me really think about the way I treat CS folks.

I understand your frustration but the snapping problem sounds like a shaft issue. No excuse for ferrules coming loose though.

Loose ferrules happen. Depending on where you store your clubs, it can happen at any time. I have a buddy who has a 913 Driver that has a loose ferrule on it. I don't think Titleist makes crappy products because of it though.

I'd definitely focus more on the shaft concern than anything else. Nothing wrong with the clubs, and they are probably not shafts made by Adams, so you've got that going for you.

Reach out to them - I've seen countless people get clubs replaced, although having chats with local store guys about people coming in with "shafts that snapped on a regular swing" always gets a good chuckle.

I agree with Dan here. It's really odd to snap two shafts in a set. Most company's will replace free of charge as long as there's no clear neglect of the club.

I have never had issues with Adams heads. Sounds more like a shaft issue. I have had some ferrules come loose on just about every brand set I have had. I always use ferrules that are snug in my own builds, but the manufacturer wants them to go on quick and easy. I would call Adams and they will for sure replace or get your issue fixed. Their CS dept is one of the best in the golf industry from my personal experiences.

Loose ferrules happen. Depending on where you store your clubs, it can happen at any time. I have a buddy who has a 913 Driver that has a loose ferrule on it. I don't think Titleist makes crappy products because of it though.

I love how your take me saying no excuse and change it to " they make crap products" Nike had a real bad issue with their dymo doing this.I still used them. It's minor and purely cosmetic but there is still no excuse unless you leave your clubs in the trunk all day in 90 degree weather.

Both my 5i and 8i snapped near the hosel... so I agree it's a shaft issue. The 5i snapped while I was doing a low punch shot, the 8i snapped when I was hitting tee shot on a par 3 with the ball tee'd up. Funny thing was I still stuck the green but I was more focused on tracking my flying club head than the ball lol! This was my first name brand set, so I try to take care of them as best I can... head covers and all.

I do appreciate being able to vent here... I'll be able to speak with Adams customer support with a level head now.

Both my 5i and 8i snapped near the hosel... so I agree it's a shaft issue. The 5i snapped while I was doing a low punch shot, the 8i snapped when I was hitting tee shot on a par 3 with the ball tee'd up. Funny thing was I still stuck the green but I was more focused on tracking my flying club head than the ball lol! This was my first name brand set, so I try to take care of them as best I can... head covers and all.

I do appreciate being able to vent here... I'll be able to speak with Adams customer support with a level head now.

Yep give them a call I'm sure they still be more than willing to help you out.

I don't play Adams, but I'm kinda sympathetic to them on this one.

You should be railing against KBS and Adams will actually LIKE to hear about customer issues with their sub's gear. (Assuming these clubs were factory shafted with KBS and not re-shafted after market.) If they hear enough complaints, they'll switch their supply chain to another vendor. They do care about these things. They weigh build quality with price when they contract. Same with grips. If you had an issue with the heads losing their finish, or the ferrules (justified on that one) or paint, or rusting etc., then point fingers at Adams.

Here's another thought though.... You may have got a set where the epoxy is either lacking or defective. If clubs aren't glued in properly, sometimes this can stress the shafts and cause them to break. That and your clue about the loose ferrules makes me think that maybe they're lacking epoxy. Try to vise a few of them down and just see if you can twist the heads with HAND PRESSURE ALONE. A normal club will never move at the hosel with hand pressure. But if you find any wiggle or hear small snap crackle and pops, you may have got a set that was badly glued and you should send all back for re-epoxying. They'll definitely warranty that.

... but there is still no excuse unless you leave your clubs in the trunk all day in 90 degree weather.

I leave my clubs in my trunk a lot. It is often upper 80s or lower 90s. If I have a round of golf after work, I do not bring my clubs in during the work day.

I have had a few issues with adams i cracked the face on my LS hybrid last year they were great sent me a new one right away

I leave my clubs in my trunk a lot. It is often upper 80s or lower 90s. If I have a round of golf after work, I do not bring my clubs in during the work day.

Not to say that it will happen, but what can happen is the epoxy can loosen up from the high heat in your trunk.

Their customer service is exceptional.

Give them a call and I'd bet they make it right.

I have a set of a12OS and a set of CB3's, never had a problem with either. I agree with the suggestion to contact them a check about a full replacement, I believe Adams Golf would love to hear about your problem.

i am loving the CB3s

Back