Ben Hogan Clubs Coming Back

Hell If I won them I'd turn around and sell them and buy an entire new bag!

YOWZA! I shant be buying these at that price. almost $3K for an iron set? Not sure if that's in the spirit of Ben Hogan or not. These irons better explode with rainbows on every shot for that price.

Kiss of death. Hopefully we can get together so I can swing your new Hogan irons next year :clapp:

$353 a club is mighty steep. But, I bet they have no problem finding 953 fanatics. Boys and their toys. Maybe a cross-promotional gain is that this increases visibility for their SCOR wedges.

I would never see myself buying these. If I won them, I would probably put them in a shadow box and mount them above the fireplace.

Ill go the other direction and say they will not sell out right away. Thats a lot of sets despite what people believe. And its a whole lot of sets at that price. There will no doubt be some TX folks that are drawn to the home grown side of it, and a few others that love the social credit side of the game (nothing wrong with either), but I would guarantee at that price, they do not sell all the sets rather quickly.

FWIW, I would bet quite a few are given away. In fact more than quite a few.

Ill go the other direction and say they will not sell out right away. Thats a lot of sets despite what people believe. And its a whole lot of sets at that price. There will no doubt be some TX folks that are drawn to the home grown side of it, and a few others that love the social credit side of the game (nothing wrong with either), but I would guarantee at that price, they do not sell all the sets rather quickly.

Hinting at a THP contest JB? :bulgy-eyes:

I agree man, I think that's not only crazy but foolish when giving a brand a rebirth.

I can pay the Ben Hogan name just as easily with shirts from Wal-Mart, and not break the bank, either.

That's just a ton of money to spend on an iron set. I bought my car for about twice that, and it's a pretty nice car.

My dad is going to frown big time when I tell him about this price....He bought and sold the same set of Apex+ irons 5 times and I think he was hoping to be able to give these a go.

For a first run of new irons....I'm guessing a small amount of those will actually be sold for that price. There will be giveaways/contests to get the name rolling again and demo sets and such. Still a crazy amount for a club that I think would have a line of folks ready to make the purchase if It was $1,000 or less.

That being said, I'm sure Scor is putting a lot of time and effort into the club building process and 2015 will be a learning year for them....so maybe selling a ton of irons isn't exactly what they're looking to do. I guess we'll see what happens....I just hope it ends up in a successful comeback for Hogan.

I have to agree. Instead of relaunching a respected brand, they seem to be crafting religious icons for the devotees of a martyred golf saint. Are there 953 such acolytes willing to shell out 3 grand for such sacred relics? Maybe in Japan..

I was excited for these. No longer. I won't pay that for a driver, let alone a single iron.

Holy smokes, that's friggin nuts. Not a chance I'd ever even consider those for a second.

Unfortunately at these prices for the "new" Hogan irons, I will be staying with my Mizuno's.

You are probably right. 953 fanatics. Yes. 953 fanaties with $3K burning a hole in their pocket. Not so sure.

Official Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company post.

To all of you who seem to be confused about some recent press, the “real” Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company has not released any information about our new irons since the return of the brand to the golf equipment industry was announced in early May.* We are still working on exciting breakthrough technologies and hope to begin to share some details in the not-too-distant future.

However, we became aware this week that another Texas company has announced its plans to introduce new golf clubs, and their press releases could cause some confusion, as they include references to Ben Hogan rather prominently.* We want all of our Hacker’s Paradise friends and followers to realize that this company is not affiliated with the Ben Hogan brand or our company in any way.* EIDOLON Brands, LLC (SCOR Golf) is the exclusive worldwide licensee for the Ben Hogan trademarks for the production of golf equipment.

We assure you that the genuine Ben Hogan irons, to be introduced in early 2015, will be built to the most exacting standards for quality, performance and value that Mr. Hogan would insist upon, and they will be delivered to all owners at a price that is competitive with other top-grade golf clubs in the market today.

We appreciate all the excitement you have shown about the return of Ben Hogan to the golf equipment marketplace and we look forward to sharing our news with you as things develop here.

Thank you
Terry Koehler

Last edited:
Hogan irons were my dream clubs years ago. I'm not remotely good enough to hit the blades, but, even today, if I could find a set of the Apex Edge, I'd probably try to game them. Nostalgia is a powerful motivator.

Staticline - I'd like to refer you to our response on Page 8. The company mentioned in this article is not affiliated with the Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company. Spread the word. Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification, Brad. As you can tell, there is a lot of anticipation for a real Ben Hogan iron among THP-ers -- and a lot of confusion caused by the "953" clubs, which excited no one. I, for one, am excited again to see what you'll bring the table.

Thank you for the clarification, Terry and Brad. Good to hear that the new Ben Hogan brand will be competitive with other brands, I will definitely be considering them in the future!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Brad thanks for the clarification, you certainly eased my mind lol. It will be nice to see the Hogan name back in some bags.

Very relieved to read that post from Brad. Was, and now am again, definitely considering a return to my Hogan iron glory days.

Staticline - I'd like to refer you to our response on Page 8. The company mentioned in this article is not affiliated with the Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company. Spread the word. Thanks!

Thanks for chiming in, brad. Back to looking forward to seeing what you guys are cooking up!

Thank you for clarifying. I read this article and based on the verbiage, erroneously assumed it was about Eidelon. My apologies.

I truly look forward to what your company brings to the market for the Ben Hogan line of clubs.

I am truly hoping these are everything the line used to be with some modern appointments and modern technology, I am chomping at the bit lol to get my hands on them. #Bringbacktheblades

I am truly hoping these are everything the line used to be with some modern appointments and modern technology, I am chomping at the bit lol to get my hands on them. #Bringbacktheblades

That experiment didn't last long. :D

If they come out with anything that resembles the Apex Edge Pros, I am on them link stink on.....

Back