The Official Tiger Woods Thread

+8 through 14

His back is not back

Sounds like his back is fine. Just the game is rusty. Not surprised in the least.

Sounds like his back is fine. Just the game is rusty. Not surprised in the least.
I'm a little surprised his back is in such good condition but not surprised he's rusty. It is good that he's back. I hope he stays healthy and starts coming into form - the game is more interesting when he's relevant.

Im not either. However I am surprised with where its rusty. His short game has continued to look very average.

I'm a little surprised his back is in such good condition but not surprised he's rusty. It is good that he's back. I hope he stays healthy and starts coming into form - the game is more interesting when he's relevant.

Absolutely. It has to be really good for his medical piece of mind to know he can go after the ball hard and hit it out of deep rough.

Considering how many other guys are struggling, I don't think Tiger is looking all that bad. Sure he's sprayed some drives and the short game isn't as sharp as we were thinking but overall I think there's plenty of good things being shown. I think he should play next week to continue to get some tournament experience in.

Im not either. However I am surprised with where its rusty. His short game has continued to look very average.

I honestly thought it would be the sharpest part of his game to be honest. I'm glad he's playing again though.

I honestly thought it would be the sharpest part of his game to be honest. I'm glad he's playing again though.

Me too, on both accounts. I think his short game has been lacking for a couple of years if I am being honest, outside of a handful of weeks on courses he knows incredibly well. But with this injury, if one was to take a glimpse inside, you would think putter would be sharper than tee game, and it was the exact opposite.

Although, the rust should be expected and he laid it out early on in his presser.

Considering how many other guys are struggling, I don't think Tiger is looking all that bad. Sure he's sprayed some drives and the short game isn't as sharp as we were thinking but overall I think there's plenty of good things being shown. I think he should play next week to continue to get some tournament experience in.

Earlier this week, Tiger played at Greenbriar. Based on what his agent had told someone though which trickled to XM radio, he didn't have any plans to play Greenbriar. I'm not sure if this MC is going to change that though?

Earlier this week, Tiger played at Greenbriar. Based on what his agent had told someone though which trickled to XM radio, he didn't have any plans to play Greenbriar. I'm not sure if this MC is going to change that though?
Idk guess we'll see. He'll either relax and work on his own or jump right back out there. He seems to feel fine, I think he's just rusty so who knows but it seems this opening test on his body per say is looking good

I'd hope after a sad face round he'd strongly consider it, especially if trying to shake some tournament rust off. The ball striking really hasn't been bad. The putting and short game though has been really really sloppy. Can't get the ball to the hole with the putter, and pretty sloppy around the greens.

Deadline to commit to Greenbrier was 5 PM Eastern today. He's not teeing it up there next week.

Only good thing to come out of this tournament for him is that he didn't have any back pain and he made the new sponsor of his tournament happy by showing up. I doubt that he takes much from a competitive standpoint out of this week.

On the bright side though there were some really good swings the last couple days. I think he gets stuck with his transition and comes out of it early, when he swings like Mahan he has poor results and when he swings similar to his past swings he's dead on, he stays down and through it, it weird looking.

Rusty was what he said he would be. The shorter swing is not in sync but that short game, sheesh. The way he talked I thought even par for two days would have been in the cards.

I think it was good to get his golf legs under him again. He'll head home and work on his game. Hopefully his putting. Someone send him an SPI DVD.

So much for honing his short game during his layoff. I hope he's better prepared for the British. Really good to see him swing without pain, though.

When he went hard, the ball sprayed. When he stuck to a smooth tempo, the results were good.

Seems like Tiger as usual.

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

what's the word on TW's next tourney? The Open? I haven't been following his pressers....

The word is he won't play until The Open. He never plays the week before a major so if he doesn't play next week he will sit out until The Open

The word is he won't play until The Open. He never plays the week before a major so if he doesn't play next week he will sit out until The Open

seems like he should break the habit of "never playing the week before" especially with the rust.....and the time change difference as well.....ought to play French Open and show Bubba how it's done.

seems like he should break the habit of "never playing the week before" especially with the rust.....and the time change difference as well.....ought to play French Open and show Bubba how it's done.

Bubba is playing the French Open? Didn't he insult the entire continent the last time he played on the Euro Tour?

don't know if Bubba will return - I was making reference to his visit a few years back.

Yeah. That is what I was thinking about. He pretty much stunk up the tournament then blamed Europeans for being rude.

I hope they have alternatives set up for the weekend:alien:

Back