50 holes in two days.....too much?

66Tiger

Golf > Work = :^)
Reaction score
Handicap
Beer&Soju
32 holes (got dark) on Saturday, 18 on Sunday. Too much.....my back says so.

Quite a few THP Events have 36 on one day and 18 the next.

King
Morgan Cup
Grandaddy
Gauntlet

Truly depends on the person.

Many people would also play 72 in two days at the outings, and 81 wasn't unheard of.

I played 18 during skins yesterday morning, and then nine in the evening and did the same today, so 50 holes for me plus two hours yesterday on the range hitting new irons. Never too much golf.

Nope. Played 54 this weekend and if time allowed I would have played another 18 today

I used to do a big event with a group of guys and we did 36 on Friday, 36 on Saturday, and 18 early Sunday spanned over 3 courses. It was a lot of fun, but come Sunday afternoon I was dead to the world. It would take a few days to recover but the play was a blast.

Not at all. If I hadn't gotten whacked by an Altima, I would have played 18 yesterday, 18 today and 54 tomorrow. So 90 in 3 days and loved every minute of it.

32 holes (got dark) on Saturday, 18 on Sunday. Too much.....my back says so.

I am not aware there is such a thing as too much golf..

However, having enjoyed 54 this weekend, I'm pretty confident you have to be in decent shape, or swing very gently.

I played 45 today and 45 yesterday. As long as it is not too hot I can play all day long.

If one is fortunate enough to have the time and money to do so then I say go for it. Of course if one is tired and worn out then only in that case might it possibly be too much. Other than that just have at it.

I have two golf outings scheduled later this year that are back to back and will have me playing 144 holes in 5 days.

Only your body can tell you if its too much :) I took Friday off, played 18, 18 on Saturday and 36 today and walked and carried for 3 of the rounds, looking forward to a few days off!

Nope, play 54 last weekend. The back gets stronger with more work :D

Just finished my 2nd 63 hole weekend in a row. Taking tomorrow off and then playing 36 on tuesday.

I feel good after an whole day in a car total and 54 holes this weekend. Really depends on the person and how they treat/prepare for it. Minimal practice swings, pain killers, hydration, all that is necessary for the awesome weekends that are THP weekends.

Our bodies will tell us when its too much. Sure, we can push past the warning signs, but eventually we'll pay the price. Sometimes I can play more than 18 holes, two days in a row, but usually 18 holes, 4 days per week is more than enough golf for my aching back.

I can play for a nearly infinite number of holes. It's the hauling a bag that starts to catch up to me. Lay off a bit on practice swings, take more club than you need, and don't swing out of your shoes. Your lower back will thank you.

Sorry, man. Back pain is not fun.

I played 45 this weekend and feel like I could play 45 more. I'm thankful for that.

I can't afford the time away from the family to play that much. With that out of the equation, there's no telling how many holes it'd take for me to wave the white flag.

The bigger question is, how many balls would you go through on that many holes?

You guys need to realize that I swing as many times in 50 holes as you do in 100. :banghead:

50 holes in two days - sounds like a nice warm up to a busy week of golf!!
Advil will be aplenty, though.

There was MANY times (in the past) where me and my guys played 72 and up to 90 holes in one day! If the golf cart would run out of gas, just filler back up and get back out there! Good times!

I have a group of friends that takes a June golf trip to Pittsburgh from Albany every year. Last year we drove 5.5 hours Monday morning, got out of the car and played 27 holes; then 36 Tuesday, 36 Wednesday, then 18 Thursday and drove 5.5 hours back home. When I got home Thursday evening, I played my league 9 hole match; and then woke up Friday and played my 9 hole match that I missed from Tuesday. I have a pretty smooth swing (most of the time), don't take practice swings, and I feel like I could golf all day, every day.

Back