Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTX CB, sounds like it fits the bill you are looking for quite well.
those are very nice wedges very forgiving and spin the ball great

Pondering new wedge(s). Looking for something a bit more forgiving than my current SW. Leaning towards a Cleveland cg16 (or cg14?) 56° with 14 bounce.... or maybe a Big Trusty Rusty if I can find one...

Anyone have any suggestions? Cost is a significant factor.

RTX CB, sounds like it fits the bill you are looking for quite well.

What Jman said. I have the blade type 588 RTX and they are awesome wedges. But the CB's will have that extra forgiveness you are seeking.

Pondering new wedge(s). Looking for something a bit more forgiving than my current SW. Leaning towards a Cleveland cg16 (or cg14?) 56° with 14 bounce.... or maybe a Big Trusty Rusty if I can find one...

Anyone have any suggestions? Cost is a significant factor.

Don't sleep on Ping wedges. I don't have any experience with the Gorge but the Tour S are amazing.

Regular flex shafts, and possibly even graphite in the irons, throughout the bag to help ease the strain on this aging body. As long as my projected work bonus holds up over the next 4 months, a 13 club fitting and all new non-flatstick clubs will be accomplished in early 2015.

Looking for a new bag..

The staff bag that the Mrs bought me a few months ago is just too heavy and taking up to much space (doesn't fit in my locker at the club). So I'm going to move it on..

Found the perfect bag to replace it, TM R1 branded T2 cart bag (mini staffer).

taylormade_r1_staff_bag-4.jpg

taylormade_r1_staff_bag-6.jpg

And just found a great deal on one :D

I just bought a barely used Warrior 2h 16* that's a MONSTER to hit. And I've already got a Bridgestone 4h J36 25* that's also a rocket launcher.

So now I'm sorta looking for a 3h....but also wondering if I even need one since the Warrior and Bridgestone already cover so much ground and get me where I need to be.

1) Seamus

2) 19* Cobra Bio Hybo

3) SeeMore that is face balanced at impact and has only a site dot or is naked of alignment aids

Forgiving low spin driver head paired with low-mid launching shaft.

Just not sure the Bio Cell + or BBA have enough forgiveness for my misses.

Jesse Ortiz to da rescue?

G25? Or i25?

I have no idea....serious pondering will commence in a month most likely.

After hitting a Trusty Rusty today, I am absolutely 100% pondering new wedges. Mine are definitely worn out in comparison to even a gently used wedge, the spin I got on that vs. my wedges was night and day.

Hard ponder on one of these as I'm weird and I like my bag to match my irons. I'd have to paint my Clicgear wheels if I got it though so I'm hesitating.
Titleist%20Midsize%20Staff%20Bag%202013_200.jpg

Hard ponder on one of these as I'm weird and I like my bag to match my irons. I'd have to paint my Clicgear wheels if I got it though so I'm hesitating.

You can order entire new wheel sets for pretty cheap.

Sharp bag.

I have the bigger one. And it is a looker or sure.

Pondering a grip change and shaft shorten on my SI2. Have a Winn jumbo I want to try on it.

Ditto the i25 suggestions.

How about BB lofted up with sloghtly lower spinning shaft? Hard to beat the forgiveness of BB

Do you have big missis? What about the normal BB, I think it has to be one of the most forgiving drivers at the moment.

BB could work maybe.....

I've hit the standard Bio Cell with a low launching shaft and was getting the ball up too much.

I'll also keep the i25 in mind, thanks guys!

Of course what I really need is a slew of drivers on a monitor so that I don't assume I'm hitting something too high or too spinny.....

Pondering more of a "player's" iron than the speedblades. I love them but I like to work short irons and the speedblades just want to go straight.

BB could work maybe.....

I've hit the standard Bio Cell with a low launching shaft and was getting the ball up too much.

I'll also keep the i25 in mind, thanks guys!

Of course what I really need is a slew of drivers on a monitor so that I don't assume I'm hitting something too high or too spinny.....

Would definitely give the i25 a look.

Pondering more of a "player's" iron than the speedblades. I love them but I like to work short irons and the speedblades just want to go straight.

Id kill to have nothing but straight, makes the game so much easier

Covert 2.0? Definitely more forgiving than the original, and low spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back