THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
surprisingly enough, with the ESC, my weekend rounds are good enough to be trending from 18.2 to 17.5....

I wish I could post saturday's 85

6 rounds played in the last 15 days and I am staying at a 10.9 for this one. I've had some good rounds mixed in with some mediocre ones. The game is there, there are about 4-5 shots after a round that I go back over in my head and it comes down to a chip that rolled out too far, or a 5-6 ft putt that burned the edge.

My emphasis for the last 3 and a half weeks is short game, lag putting and playing within myself on the course. I think I put too much pressure on myself sometimes to go out and shoot a 76 or 77, when in actuality, that is not my game. I am not going to go down to Myrtle Beach and shoot even par. So I need to just let myself relax and play the course. I did that after a blow up hole on the back 9 yesterday and I played the next three holes at even par. I've enjoyed the journey to this year's Morgan Cup, lots of growth from the valleys that I have had this year.

I've been playing in a lot of scrambles lately, so I need to get some rounds in. Hoping to walk 9 after work at least once this week.

when tomorrow's revision comes out it looks like I will be up to 8.6. The June 1st revision I was down to 7.5. I've made no real secrets about struggling the last month. For some reason ever since I started keep a handicap June has always been a month for me when the scores go up instead of down.

11.3 to 11.1 for me. Playing some steady golf which is what I am looking for.

when tomorrow's revision comes out it looks like I will be up to 8.6. The June 1st revision I was down to 7.5. I've made no real secrets about struggling the last month. For some reason ever since I started keep a handicap June has always been a month for me when the scores go up instead of down.
And back down in July. .....right?

And back down in July. .....right?

usually. I can't ever explain it. I'll attribute it to June always being a hectic work month. 3 straights years my handicap has gone up in June and back down where it was right around that August 1st revision.

Up to a 3.3 it appears. I need to get back onto those easier courses again.

8.9~8.6 less than a month to get to my goal. Need some more golf and a lesson or two

Trending back up to 5.5, which is probably just south of where I feel it belongs at this time. Still feel really confident in myself, just getting more scores in on tough courses.

Trending down. Not enough.

Up to a 3.3 it appears. I need to get back onto those easier courses again.

I find it harder to make the handicap drop playing easy courses. To a certain number maybe, but sub 5, playing something like 70.0/120, it's awfully tough to make it drop. That solid 73 becomes a 3.0

I had 2 great nines, and a couple of not so great 18s, so it looks like I'm just trending down a tenth to 16.9. Still, it's the lowest I've ever been.

I find it harder to make the handicap drop playing easy courses. To a certain number maybe, but sub 5, playing something like 70.0/120, it's awfully tough to make it drop. That solid 73 becomes a 3.0

Longer courses is probably a better meaning. The shorter and tighter the course it only takes 2 bad holes to destroy the round. I'm much more suited for a longer and bit more open course. My better scores have come on 7,000 yard courses cause I can hit driver and have full shots to the greens. But we shall see.

Longer courses is probably a better meaning. The shorter and tighter the course it only takes 2 bad holes to destroy the round. I'm much more suited for a longer and bit more open course. My better scores have come on 7,000 yard courses cause I can hit driver and have full shots to the greens. But we shall see.

Heh.. Shorter course, shorter clubs off the tee for the same full shot into the green!

good MC practice as well, as I am sure we are going to see different yardages between TB and Cale again.

Heh.. Shorter course, shorter clubs off the tee for the same full shot into the green!

good MC practice as well, as I am sure we are going to see different yardages between TB and Cale again.

Yes, when you hit the fairways they are. But I've needed some driver practice lately so one holes I probably shouldn't be hitting driver I do anyways for the practice. So when you hit it through the fairway or through the doglegs then it makes the 2nd shot a bit more challenging. But that's apples to oranges.

Trending down. but the easier courses at my level have helped. Probably playing about 1.5 higher.

JM

Up to a 7.5 unfortunately. Gotta get this putting figured out.

Hopefully the new SeeMore will help.

Im trending in the wrong direction. After shooting my lowest round ever I've failed to break 85 the last couple due to my awful wedge game. Needs fixing

Yes, when you hit the fairways they are. But I've needed some driver practice lately so one holes I probably shouldn't be hitting driver I do anyways for the practice. So when you hit it through the fairway or through the doglegs then it makes the 2nd shot a bit more challenging. But that's apples to oranges.

Do you hear that sound? That's the nose of Mike Strantz slowly turning upwards in your direction hahaha! #CaledontBombIt!

8.9~8.6 less than a month to get to my goal. Need some more golf and a lesson or two

Keep doing work, Doug. You've got it!

#DoWorkDotCom

I can agree with this.

Shorter, tighter courses seem to penalize the longer hitter. It's unfair, and un-American. And I won't let these short courses continue to bad-mouth the United States of America.

These colors don't run, brother.

Interesting thought - I played a course this weekend where I drove into a ton of trouble and hit to places where I generally never see.
I usually play the course at 6400 yds but this weekend I played at 5900 yards. Really stinks, hitting to hazards where I would usually never reach. Killed my score.

I can agree with this.

Shorter, tighter courses seem to penalize the longer hitter. It's unfair, and un-American. And I won't let these short courses continue to bad-mouth the United States of America.

These colors don't run, brother.

*yawn*

I thought links style was for the European Tour.

Despite some shaky rounds after my hiatus, I'm trending down again with some solid play. Currently 15.1 but trending to 14.9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back