Handicap
1. PGA with Tiger in the lead
2. LPGA with Wie in the lead
3. LPGA with Lewis, Ko, Korda in the lead
4. PGA without Tiger
5. European Tour
6. Webb.Com
7. Champions tour

Has anyone else found that their preferences in golf tournaments has changed? PGA used to be my #2. But what happens if Tiger doesn't come back to previous form?

I actually prefer watching the ladies most weekends to be honest, they are having a hell of a good year with their young talent.

I actually prefer watching the ladies most weekends to be honest, they are having a hell of a good year with their young talent.

I agree. They are much better looking and they play a game more in common with the rest of us.

I think PGA without Tiger is more interesting. The coverage is more balanced, and the field has a lot of parity.

I've recently become more interested in LPGA golf, because the game is a little more interesting. I feel like there's more I can learn from watching them play than the guys.

I love the PGA tour, mainly because that is what my dad would watch when i was younger, so i just kind of adapted to it haha. But recently, ive loved watching the champions tour as well. I dont even know why. maybe because of Fred Couples, as he has always been one of my favorites to watch. PGA (with or without Tiger) will always be my favorite to watch :)

My interest hasn't really changed. I'm a huge Tiger fan, but I was watching golf before he came along and will be after he is gone for good. The PGA tour is still #1 for me, but I'll watch any tournament that is close (especially if I know any of the players so that would include PGA, LPGA, European Tour, Seniors, and some other events). I watched the 4 man play-off yesterday on the European Tour and really enjoyed it. Great golf with high drama is fun to watch any time!

With the World Cup going on, I admit, I didn't watch much of this past weekend's tournament.

I focus on the majors, then the tournaments that I've attended because I'm familiar with the venues, then the tournaments with a field with most of the top 30-50 players (Players Championship, Tour Championship), and early in the season. About this time every year, my interest starts waning (I've attended the Tampa, Arnie's, The Players, The US Open so might be burned out).

I really feel the PGA season is oversaturated with tournaments. Compared to other major sports, they seem to have one of the longest (compared to MLB, NBA, NASCAR, NFL). The need to take a week off as an entire league throughout the season maybe between The Players and the US Open, or between the US Open and The Open ---- once Brit Open is over, I probably won't watch until the PGA then off and on.

As I said, too long (sort of like this post :beat-up:).

I have never been one to watch golf on TV unless it is a major. Orher than majors, I will typically opt to watch baseball or a movie regardless of who is playing in / leading a golf tournament.

I'm not sure i really have a preference on which tour happens to be on tv. I enjoy turning on the golf channel and just leaving it for hours, letting numerous tours cycle.

Why does Tiger have that much of an impact on people? Is it because he was so crazy dominant for a while? There have been some awesome and far more exciting finishes this year without him 5-6 strokes ahead of the pack.

I watch all golf but if I had to rank them it would go

1. PGA Tour- it's where the big players play. I prefer when Tiger isn't playing because then I get to see more than 2 golfers on tv.

2. European Tour- I like seeing all the up and coming European stars. It helps with my picks for Majors also.

3. LPGA- There is some great golf being played there and the couurses are more to what we are playing.

4. Senior tour- I just like watching Freddie play

5. Web.com tour- it's crazy to see to difference between them and the pga tour, it's all about short game.

If it's on and I'm in front of a TV I'll watch it. Yesterday I flipped back and forth between the ladies and men.

Why does Tiger have that much of an impact on people? Is it because he was so crazy dominant for a while? There have been some awesome and far more exciting finishes this year without him 5-6 strokes ahead of the pack.

He's the reason I got into golf and I look at him as my favorite team. I'm much more into it when he's around (even if he misses the cut).

I still watch the Tour on a weekly basis, but if Tiger is in the hunt on the weekend, my plans may change because of it. If he's not, I'm don't find myself going out of my way to watch it as much, outside of the majors and some of the other really big tourneys.

I do enjoy the LPGA events as well because some of the yardages they play at are sometimes close to what I actually play and their stars are having really good years.

Been listening to Tales from Q School as an audiobook. First, it's really terrific. Great stories, better writing. Second, it really gives you some background and gives you a much better appreciation for the smaller names trying to make their way onto the PGA and/or Nationwide Tours.

And like someone said above, Tiger was a gateway for a lot of people into golf. Once there, everyone finds an appreciation for others, like Phil, Adam Scott, Bubba, Rory, whoever you tend to be drawn toward. But it was Tiger that captured the fringe (pun intended) golf fans and brought them to the forefront. So it's understandable.

I just enjoy watching good golf be played. I really don't care who's winning or if it's the men or women, though I do have those I root for. I just love watching the game.

I don't watch as much unless Tiger or Phil is in the event even if they aren't playing well. I think after watching both dominate for so many years I haven't found anyone else to watch that captivates me. There have been some great tournaments this year, with good come from behind wins, multiple winners, etc but they are all vanilla to me. You really can't count on anyone to pull it out like Tiger did for so many years. Watching Jimmy Walker or Patrick Reed just doesn't do it for me. Golf is a pretty boring program to watch unless it is a special course, something great is about to happen, etc. I've watched more Champions events this year over any other golf event, as you have Langer, Perry, Couples who are in contention every week, so it's sort of like watching when Tiger played at his top before. And maybe I can relate a little more to their game vs the women. Have watched a few events for the women but they don't really hold my attention either. I think until another person comes along like Tiger viewership will continue to decline for the PGA Tour. They have some contenders but until they can finish and pull out the wins they won't spark much interest I think. Speith I think is the closest to being able to do something, but who knows.

I watch mens and woman's fairly evenly i flip back and forth

I watch the PGA Tour every weekend. Used to record all the Thurs/Fri rounds but downsized my cable and don't get the Golf Channel anymore. When i had it, it was on all the time. As far as order of preference I will watch:
1 - PGA Tour
2 - European Tour
3 - LPGA
4 - web.com
5 - seniors (saw them all when they were REALLY good so see no reason to watch now)

For those of you who play but don't watch golf on TV, you might want to change your viewing habits. You can learn a TON by watching the big boys play.

I'll watch it all, but I must admit, my least favorite is the European Tour. With the often sparse crowds and extremely flat announcing, it's just hard to watch. I do still watch because I'm a golf fan, but man do they need to improve their energy level.

I just enjoy watching good golf be played. I really don't care who's winning or if it's the men or women, though I do have those I root for. I just love watching the game.

I'm with this... It's why I enjoy the tournaments where guys go stupid low rather than the winner hovering around even par.

Was it Trump's tournament earlier this year where the wind was up, and the course was impossible? I think I watched six straight shots go into the water before I lost interest.

This is how I feel as well. If it's good golf I'm interested.

A PGA Tour event with a solid field is still my go-to, but if if somebody is lapping the field or there isn't much drama by the time the weekend comes around, I may lose interest. Conversely, I NEVER used to watch the LPGA, but my daughters have been asking me to record it, so I have. This year has been pretty incredible and almost every tournament I've watched has been exciting. There are a handful of younger players that are pretty "cool" and actually have some personality and they've been playing great golf this year. There have actually been weeks this spring where I quit watching the men's tournament early and stuck with the LPGA through the final hole of the weekend.

He's the reason I got into golf and I look at him as my favorite team. I'm much more into it when he's around (even if he misses the cut).

I still watch the Tour on a weekly basis, but if Tiger is in the hunt on the weekend, my plans may change because of it. If he's not, I'm don't find myself going out of my way to watch it as much, outside of the majors and some of the other really big tourneys.

I do enjoy the LPGA events as well because some of the yardages they play at are sometimes close to what I actually play and their stars are having really good years.

This is a very interesting comment and I have never looked at it like that before. It would be like the NFL, I'll make sure I don't miss a Redskins game no matter what. However, if its two other teams playing I'll certainly watch if I'm home. But it won't keep me from other plans.

Golf is different for me I was a golf fan before I became a fan of any individual player, so I will watch it most every weekend.

I love all the great young players coming into the game.

And I have enjoyed watching the LPGA a bit more this year than in the past.

Why does Tiger have that much of an impact on people? Is it because he was so crazy dominant for a while?

Kinda like the NBA the seasons after Michael Jordan left. Some people grew up learning the game by emulating TW. Probably if you took up the game after 1995, he's the guy.

We were just talking about this in Iowa this weekend. I enjoy watching the LPGA the most. Not only do they have great talent, but they really get into the game and show a lot of emotion. They just seem to enjoy the game more and let it show. I love it.

Back