Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that is definitely interesting looking. Very curious about it personally.

I have not. I almost bought one on clearance when the local golf discount was closing but I am in the middle of a second mortgage for irons and the G20 just treats me too well. You saw it in action. Not the longest by any means but straight as an arrow.

If you get a chance to hit one, do it. Low spin, LONG, and shockingly forgiving. Best driver they have released in a long long time IMO.

Which is the main reason I'm so curious about the G30, I just want to see if they keep the trend or not.

If you get a chance to hit one, do it. Low spin, LONG, and shockingly forgiving. Best driver they have released in a long long time IMO.

Which is the main reason I'm so curious about the G30, I just want to see if they keep the trend or not.

Once I recover from this iron deal I will definitely check it out

Thank you.

Maybe the turbulators make it sound like a light sabre.

Who am I kidding...will take a few swings with it and were what happens. Not the biggest fan, but looks isn't what makes the ball go boom.

The ridges on the crown don't bother me, I think it's pretty cool, but Ping's drivers, to my eye, just look very long at address. Something I just haven't been able to get used to. This one looks to have similar dimensions to the G25. Just something I don't much care for. But for the guys who like it, I'm sure this thing'll be a bomber.

Yikes, have to say that is by far the most ugly driver I have ever seen. A face only the clubmaker could love.

I'm good with the bottom, but that crown...... Yikes. Its like a DTM car and ping made a love child. But its ping, and I like ping. So I'm sure it works.

Its definitely different, not a huge fan myself. I liked the i25 but this not so much.

I don't love it, I don't hate it, I've liked Ping drivers in the past though, so I'd give this a swing or two.

The turbulators remind me of the hood of the Nissan Altima.

I like it. I will hit and I am sure that I will like it yet not be able to afford it until the G40 comes out.

I was never a ping guy, but then I tried and bought the G25. Quite simply the best driver I have ever hit by a mile. Long, but more importantly for me - extremely forgiving! If the G30 can improve upon that, I'm in!

I was never a ping guy, but then I tried and bought the G25. Quite simply the best driver I have ever hit by a mile. Long, but more importantly for me - extremely forgiving! If the G30 can improve upon that, I'm in!

It's funny - I find this is pretty common. Many people have something against PING and then they swing something. Next thing you know - it's in the bag.

I might be in the minority but I love the looks of this... will have to hit it against my SLDR

Once again, brand perception comes through big for PING.

It's funny - I find this is pretty common. Many people have something against PING and then they swing something. Next thing you know - it's in the bag.

I think I fall into that category. Now I have PING irons and Woods.

I'm guilty of this. I went from "How can anyone swing a G-series iron?" to having 4-LW G15s in my bag.

I wonder when we'll see a driver that has dimples and the crown and sole similar to a golf ball

I doubt you would see full blown dimples. Dimples are designed to reduce drag and especially create lift using the balls spin, whereas these turbulators are more about creating disturbance that reduce drag. They do a similar role but the dimples really excel when spinning. Nike did something like this with their Machspeed line. Interesting design and I fear for other pros if suddenly Bubba adds a few mph to that swing speed. Yikes.

Now the pink version...yes I could.

Once again, brand perception comes through big for PING.

The shop i hang in the most is a Top-100 Ping fitter and they love themselves some Ping. I'll be curious to hear their thoughts on the new G30. But i certinly want to hit one, and reading some of the thoughts of others on other Ping driver lines, makes me think that maybe I have been sleeping on Ping some.

The shop i hang in the most is a Top-100 Ping fitter and they love themselves some Ping. I'll be curious to hear their thoughts on the new G30. But i certinly want to hit one, and reading some of the thoughts of others on other Ping driver lines, makes me think that maybe I have been sleeping on Ping some.

I have no doubt it'll be a solid driver. Would need to know more about it before I took a personal interest in it, but that's beside the point of course.

Off topic: I think you could hit some bombs with the i25.

On topic: The top is interesting, for sure. I would probably try it, but not enamored with it at this point.

Interesting looks to this one, but Ping lost me a long time ago when they released that piece of garbage some call the Anser

I don't know about the top of the line on that... would have to see it in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back