Official 2014 World Cup Thread (Spoilers)

A substitute in the midfield would be nice right now....either Beckerman or Diskerud.

This is not the US team that claimed 2nd in their group. Definitely not the team that played Portugal. They're lucky that not one of the 11 shots Belgium has placed on goal hasn't gone in...

Other than the Portugal game, they have looked like the 2nd best team in each game they've played. They have managed to find a way to win.

Team USA is not playing great, but they are doing something right, Belgium has dominated and it's 0-0

Yedlin is looking like are only offense

Another close one

US seems outclassed so far, but have held on. 30 minutes to decide if they can step up.
And since posession is nearly.split UT tells u the US is the way more less assertive team

And since posession is nearly.split UT tells u the US is the way more less assertive team

The do seem to be sitting back on there heals a lot

Wondolowski coming in means USA is going for the Win, not playing for a shoot out

Thought we had a chance there.

Dempsey is getting some decent shots on goal....much needed.

Wondolowski coming in means USA is going for the Win, not playing for a shoot out

I will be interested to see if Jozy Altidore comes in if we make it to extra time

Howard - 12
Belgium - 0

If the US wins, it's on the back of Howard. The only player on the pitch for the US that is playing his heart out.

EDIT: Yep, another HUGE save on what should have been a sure fire goal. Wow.

HOWARD is THE MAN

Seriously we are so freaking lucky we have Howard

Howard with the game of his life....wow.

where are those guys that were bashing Howard during the group stage?

Freaking Howard is lights out.

Limping around. Dont think its a flop.

I was. I'm here.

He has stepped it up in this game.

If the US wins, it's on the back of Howard. The only player on the pitch for the US that is playing his heart out.

The sad thing about it is I think the other US players are playing that way too.......it's amazing they have gotten this far in the game.

How can you bash this guy? Unless you just hate his regular club.

please stop showing that replay...OUCH

I hope Gonzales is ok

Back