The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I'll be on the road from Columbia to MB three weeks from now.

When I get there, I'll unpack, pick up some shandy, and get ready for a round of golf with some of the best guys around.

Cannot wait to get this thing started.

When I get there, I'll unpack, pick up some shandy, and get ready for a round of golf with some of the best guys around.

Clive75 will become TrueBlue72

Good question Kyle, I have no clue what I'll be thinking about when I am there. I'm going to enjoy the moments presented to me and relax.

I know I won't be talking about the weather.

Weather? :act-up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got me thinking about this. I'll be hopping on a plane 3 weeks from today. Nuts to think about!

Clive75 will become TrueBlue72

In the practice round.... He tends to choke there when it matters. #YouAndGregDanHadOneJob :alien:

I don't believe there is either... Which is why I'll be breaking the Albatross coin out!!!

It'll be the first and last time I see the Albatross coin on the course. Divot fork will be my THP switch blade.

This month will fly by for me, due to family vacations and such. I will be practicing and playing golf so July 21st will be here in no time.

This month will fly by for me, due to family vacations and such. I will be practicing and playing golf so July 21st will be here in no time.

Same. Starting tomorrow I'm really just balls to the wall until Monday the 28th.

Same here, I have some obligations and the weekends are booked, I'll squeeze some playing time and practice time in but I also think relaxing a little is part of my prep and always has been before tournament play.

Same. Starting tomorrow I'm really just balls to the wall until Monday the 28th.

Same here. We have a party for my nephew this weekend at the house which we will have 200 people here and currently have about 15 family members staying here too. Then the Bahamas from the 9-16th and then bang its the MC. Just crazy to thing how this has gone by so fast.

I'm with Trout though. Having things to take my mind from golf and the pressure associated with the event will be great. Will keep me from trying to force things to happen in the last couple weeks. I'm looking forward to enjoying the time with my family and will get my mind back to Morgan Cup about 10 days before the event.

After stressing about my game for the better part of the last 6 months, I think I've turned a corner to enjoying where my game is at. There are still some loose ends, but played really well last night in league and truly enjoyed the game again. I've changed my mindset and k think that is helping a ton. The next 3 weeks will be fine tuning, and playing, but not stressing. I'm finally ready to enjoy the rest of the journey.

Playing and practicing this weekend and next. A quick family weekend getaway the 18th through the 20th. Hit the office on the 21st and hit the road on the 22nd! #BOOM!

JM

We are moving this weekend so this was my planned weekend off before we stay steady the last 3 weeks. Actually looking forward to a few days of mental rest

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I'm with Trout though. Having things to take my mind from golf and the pressure associated with the event will be great. Will keep me from trying to force things to happen in the last couple weeks. I'm looking forward to enjoying the time with my family and will get my mind back to Morgan Cup about 10 days before the event.

Hence me only taking a wedge on vacation. My son will be doing a lot of diving into the pool to retrieve the golf balls. Plan on playing a round, but renting clubs. Will be good prep for Sponsor Day.

I don't believe there is either... Which is why I'll be breaking the Albatross coin out!!!
Yes! Guess I'll have to use a different coin for Saturday.

Yes! Guess I'll have to use a different coin for Saturday.

Great....something else to think about... :act-up:

I've got a trusty Indian head nickel that I use.

Ahhhh!!! Can't believe we're so close. God, I'm playing the best golf of my life and still don't feel ready.

You guys are going to blink and JB is going to be announcing your name on the first tee.

Same here, I have some obligations and the weekends are booked, I'll squeeze some playing time and practice time in but I also think relaxing a little is part of my prep and always has been before tournament play.

You guys make great points. Whenever I put in a lot of range time, I get the itch to try to fix something, but since I'm working on prep, it's best to play within my game right now, and continue to make changes after the event. The only things I want to really "work on" are getting used to playing a bunch of days in a row, and get some work on the tee/green in. I'm planning to play a lot of my rounds with my wife and some good friends, and just go out there and have fun. Plus, fun golf ends up being better golf anyway.

Love reading the excitement of the final weeks for you guys.

I think you guys have a great plan. You've done lots of hard work the past 7 months.

Now maybe slow it down a bit focus on family, jobs etc to insure you are rested and ready to go come the final weekend of July.

Can't wait to follow along.

You guys make great points. Whenever I put in a lot of range time, I get the itch to try to fix something, but since I'm working on prep, it's best to play within my game right now, and continue to make changes after the event. The only things I want to really "work on" are getting used to playing a bunch of days in a row, and get some work on the tee/green in. I'm planning to play a lot of my rounds with my wife and some good friends, and just go out there and have fun. Plus, fun golf ends up being better golf anyway.

I'm glad you're along for the ride mpeterson, we'll all have some great memories.

Back