What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Bridgestone E6 and Callaway SuperSoft.

Both just flat out make me happy. Neither spin back 20 feet, but I love the feel of both and they are predictable.

Played 9 with tour preferred x. Good performance in the wind. Played the same ball the entire 9 so can't complain about the durability. Feel off the club face is very good. Overall very good ball. At 45 bucks per dozen, id probably buy b330 over this again though

Played a Z-star that my Brother in law tossed to me after he found it for 3 rounds. Good all around ball (Still have'nt lost it).... I call it "The ball I can't lose." Every time I tee off I think "Can I afford to lose 2-4 $ every time I strike the ball?"

I just got back from 4 days of golf in Mesquite, NV I used the Callaway SS and RBZ urethane balls on the trip. I preferred the RBZ ball myself over the SS but I will admit the SS felt pretty good off the face. Didn't really see a distance advantage between the two myself and the RBZ checked up for me on the greens much better. I bought the RBZ balls at PGA SS for $19.97 on clearance and went back to buy the last two dozen they had in the store. I want to try the project a balls next once I run out of the RBZ,s which hopefully isn't too soon.

Played Callaway Hex Hot Pro this weekend - the second time I pulled them out. I don't like them. And, they don't like me - I seem to lose them. They feel really hard off of the driver.

Played Callaway Hex Hot Pro this weekend - the second time I pulled them out. I don't like them. And, they don't like me - I seem to lose them. They feel really hard off of the driver.

I stocked up on these because they were $16/dozen from the local Big 5. I rather like them, and they seem to do well for me when my swing is garbage. I agree they are pretty firm, especially compared to this years' offerings. But for where they sit and their materials, I can generally spin them pretty well.

27 holes with the same SR2 golf ball, and aside from a couple of scuff marks from putting it in the desert, it's still in fantastic shape. The more I play this ball (and the more confident I get with my swing) the more I like it. Going to be really interesting to see how it plays when I hit an iron/shaft combo that produces considerably more revs than my current gamers.

I played in a 4 man scramble at a very nice, very difficult course today. I opted to play Noodle Long and Soft, Bridgestone E6, and Precept Laddies. Mostly because I tend to go for crazy shots in scrambles and tend to lose balls, and I had these left over since moving on to other make/model balls.

I only ended up losing 2 of them, and hated them for the scramble. They were long and resulted in a few drives between 250-275. However, the greens were fast and these balls would not stop on the greens for anything. There were several approach shots were I was the only guy in the group to make the green, but when we got to the greens my ball rolled to the back of the green just about every time. There were several times were we opted to go with a chip from off the green instead of putt from my location on the green because the ball off the green ended up being closer.

So long story short, they are relatively long and straight, but tend to roll out... a lot. I can't stand them for approach shots or green side chips/pitches. They all pretty much perform the same.

2013 ProV1 tonight.

I just don't think there is a better ball around the greens. Many balls come close and many balls are a much better value, but none outperform it IMO.

I stocked up on these because they were $16/dozen from the local Big 5. I rather like them, and they seem to do well for me when my swing is garbage. I agree they are pretty firm, especially compared to this years' offerings. But for where they sit and their materials, I can generally spin them pretty well.

27 holes with the same SR2 golf ball, and aside from a couple of scuff marks from putting it in the desert, it's still in fantastic shape. The more I play this ball (and the more confident I get with my swing) the more I like it. Going to be really interesting to see how it plays when I hit an iron/shaft combo that produces considerably more revs than my current gamers.
As hard as they felt off the driver, they did spin quite nicely with the irons. Not a lot of spin around the green tho. I am glad they treat you well.

Mixing it up between the B330~ SR3-TMTPX. Still think the overall performer is the 330.

Finally ran out of 330rx so I pulled out an e6 from last year and remembered why I use to like them. Solid distance off the tee for me, didn't seem to feel as soft as I remember. Still need a ball that helps me a bit more around the greens tho, my technique isn't quite there yet

Played two balls today on the back nine of a very quiet course: B330 RX and B330-S. I honestly can't say which I like better as they are both excellent. I will say this, I spin the RX a ton on approach shots...more than I've spun any ball since the Titleist Professional 90 balata days. I feel like this is backwards as I expected to spin the "spin" "tour" grade ball more.

The RX gave me my longest drive of the day, but otherwise they were neck and neck. The RX was a few yards shorter going into the greens with irons(carry distance before spin), but the RX carried further on mis hit irons. The 330-S was much more consistent around the greens, I could hit shots with confidence and get the desired spin, BUT I pulled off an amazing two hop and stop pitch two a tucked pin with no green to work with with the RX...ugh!

i just love how consistent the B330-S is and although none of my shots with it today jump off the scorecard, it flat out performs. For a "second tier" ball the RX is awesome, and for my game is almost to as good as any "Tour" ball out there.

I'm going to continue my evaluation of these two as I'm having a blast putting them through the paces!

Been playing Callaway HX Diablo Tour. The other day we were just goofing around for the most part in a scramble, so on some holes I used some older balls I had in my bag. Then on two holes I switched back to those Callaway's and hit four of the nicest shots I've ever hit in a row with them (it was mostly the swing, surely, but still). Really love this ball.

Using the Z star XV getting ready for the MC as it is the ball I chose. Really liking the great check up I am getting on the greens with approach shots and chips. Great solid feel off the driver and irons as well.

330RX

Looooooooooooooooove

Spun it back a couple times, defies physics, everyone knows the RX doesn't spin

It doesn't. I read it on the forumz

Hex Chromes last 5 rounds (with a few holes with the old TP3s)...I wanna like the hex chromes, but they just release a lil too much more than what you'd expect from a urethane cover. Theyre solid off of the driver, but even 90-100yds in with a wedge has some release. The TP3s are closer to a ProV1 than the Hex Chrome.

Picked up some dependable, reliable Srixon Q Stars today(well technically yesterday ) and I must say it's getting stiff competition because it took me about 45 minutes to finally decide.

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

i just love how consistent the B330-S is and although none of my shots with it today jump off the scorecard, it flat out performs. For a "second tier" ball the RX is awesome, and for my game is almost to as good as any "Tour" ball out there.

Good info, but I should tell you that the RX is not a second tier ball and is a "tour" ball. The entire B330 line is their premium tour level line.

Wilson Duo and Bridgestone B330. I quite enjoyed both of them. Definitely saw more spin around the greens with the B330 than the Duo and Supersoft but that's to be expected. I just need to stop being so cheap and buy a little better ball. As my wedge and scoring iron game had gotten better, spin around the greens is becoming more important for me.

Dunlap LOCO ("Lo Compression") ... RBG was blowing them out recently for dirt cheap - it's a good enough for me ball, no complaints. Spin is the last thing I'm worried about anyways at my hcp ...

Won't be playing golf for remainder of year but I was able to go out and putt with some of the RZN platinum's I acquired. VERY surprised at how much I liked these! I generally prefer something a little firmer feeling with a little "click" and these fit the bill perfectly. Might be able to chip in a few weeks so will try these again in that aspect.

Back