L2 Traditional Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good review. Definitely outside the norm and interesting concept. Curious about your thoughts James

Great review James. 620 gram head? Sounds like a sledge hammer to me.

Will have to give this a roll for fun...don't think it will set up well for me, but looking forward to taking it for a spin.

Huge. You weren't joking there. But a 3" sweet spot is nice. And the 620 gram head is a massive. Curious how it feels with delicate 5/6 ft putts

Any time I think 620 gram head I look at the 350-ish gram heads I've been putting, and even with all the counterbalancing, I would have a lot of trouble not quitting on a putt. That's just a ton of weight to put into a stroke, IMO.

But if it works, it works.

I want to try it.

The 620g head sounds insane until you read about the grip being 200g itself. I've been rolling blades lately but have always had a "thing" for larger and questionably strange looking mallets.

Price is right where I would expect it to be, not too high or low.

Wondering if I would ever use the stand feature and set it up behind the ball then get behind and check the line. Doubt it, but a cool conversation starter nonetheless. Could at least use it on the practice green as a solid way to check alignment.

620g head weight will turn some heads. Sounds like the performance of this thing can't be ignored. Great review Jman.

Great review James. Definitely a unique design and interesting theory behind it. Not being a mallet guy wouldn't even be a problem for me with the L2, as it is so much bigger, I doubt it would even seem the same.

I like how it's a non-traditional putter but is called the L2 Traditional :D. Good write up Jman. That thing surely is unique. One of the more interesting things to me is you can actually line it up while standing and not worry about it moving, assuming you're not on a big slope probably. I'd be pretty interested to give this thing some rolls.

Well done James. The name "traditional" is kind of funny considering it looks very unconventional and anything but traditional. Alot of solid information and innovation went in to this. I just dont think I could get over the size.

That thing looks so huge. It's a trip. Great write up. I'm sure there will be some folks out there that could benefit from it, but man I don't know if I could get over the size enough to feel comfortable. Interesting to say the least though.

Haha, thanks all, the traditional name actually comes from it being a traditional style putter, previously they did side saddle putters.

Haha, thanks all, the traditional name actually comes from it being a traditional style putter, previously they did side saddle putters.

Good info, I was going to ask for a pic of their non-traditional putter!

Back