Android Phone Thread

Android Phone Thread

Anyone here have or heard of the phone from oneplus? It has some amazing specs, software and a killer price for being a flagship device. They haven't been released yet but they have contests to win invites to buy one... I was lucky enough to win an invite and I ordered a sandstone black 64gb yesterday for 349.99. Can't wait to get my hands on it and this will be my first experience with android. I've had iPhones since they came out and need something different.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404044554.512821.jpg

This might should go in a WTB thread, but does anybody have a ZeroLemon for the S4 they may want to sell?

Be the ball!!

This might should go in a WTB thread, but does anybody have a ZeroLemon for the S4 they may want to sell?

Be the ball!!

Ive got one that has only been used twice.

Anyone here have or heard of the phone from oneplus? It has some amazing specs, software and a killer price for being a flagship device. They haven't been released yet but they have contests to win invites to buy one... I was lucky enough to win an invite and I ordered a sandstone black 64gb yesterday for 349.99. Can't wait to get my hands on it and this will be my first experience with android. I've had iPhones since they came out and need something different.
View attachment 15273

Yes, this, plus the Oppo phones (N1, and now the Find 7), have been some pretty anxiously awaited phones in the Android community. There aren't many reviews of actual units out there yet, most are pre-production. The big thing with the OnePlus One is it comes with CyanogenMod already installed. Cyanogen is one of the most popular firmware profiles for Android (ability to change firmware is one of the major differences between Android and iOS and one of the major features promised by Android). I've used Cyanogen from time to time and have really liked it.

Just be careful, OnePlus is a new company, this is their first phone,and the partnership with Cyanogen is also a brand thing. So it appears to be a nice phone with great specs at a low price, but there are some risks.

View attachment 15273

You are one lucky guy to get to experience your first switch from apple to android with that phone! :)
Just remember to ease up on all customization options with Cyanogenmod, there is a lot of fun things to do! :comp: But it's also easy to do too much!

You are one lucky guy to get to experience your first switch from apple to android with that phone! :)
Just remember to ease up on all customization options with Cyanogenmod, there is a lot of fun things to do! :comp: But it's also easy to do too much!

Yeah, you can totally fall down the rabbit hole customizing Android phones, especially with Cyanogen. More than once I've looked at the clock and realized I just wasted hours fiddling around.

I'm definitely going to start slow with CyanogenMod.... it's all new to me and I don't want to do something then not be able figure out how to undo it. But it will be nice to have the ability to change things unlike apple.

I'm definitely going to start slow with CyanogenMod.... it's all new to me and I don't want to do something then not be able figure out how to undo it. But it will be nice to have the ability to change things unlike apple.
Don't worry too much about that, I think you'll find that it's easy to undo any changes and really hard to break or screw it up.

The problem is the sheer number of options and combinations can take hours and hours to go through...very easy to get sucked in.

So I went on down to the Best Buy, planning to buy an LG G2...but they were running a promotion for $50 toward an upgrade of a new phone...so that brought a Galaxy S5 down to $150...then they said they'd price match with Amazon, who was offering the phone for $100. So that meant $50 for a Galaxy S5, minus another $15 for turning in my old phone.

Brand new Galaxy S5 plus an otter-box for $70? Not a bad day.

Now I just need to muck about wif it for awhile and find out if I need to root this thing or not.

So I went on down to the Best Buy, planning to buy an LG G2...but they were running a promotion for $50 toward an upgrade of a new phone...so that brought a Galaxy S5 down to $150...then they said they'd price match with Amazon, who was offering the phone for $100. So that meant $50 for a Galaxy S5, minus another $15 for turning in my old phone.

Now I just need to muck about wif it for awhile and find out if I need to root this thing or not.
Congrats, nice buy! I'd root it because I can't stand the TouchWiz skin Samsung uses.

Congrats, nice buy! I'd root it because I can't stand the TouchWiz skin Samsung uses.
Check out NOVA launcher it is a great way to get rid of the TouchWiz junk without root. I just rooted my S4 a couple weeks ago mainly to get rid of all the bloatware

If you do decide to Root there is a ridiculously Easy root method that I used with my S4. I posted the link to the YouTube a couple weeks ago. Let me know if you need me to post it again.

Last edited:
Check out NOVA launcher it is a great way to get rid of the TouchWiz junk without root. I just rooted my S4 a couple weeks ago mainly to get rid of all the bloatware

Good recommendation. I have a Nexus 5 so I just root and keep the stock launcher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Homescreen for the holiday

deby7a8a.jpg

Anyone have any experience with Carbon ROMs thinking about flashing one for my S4

Anyone have any experience with Carbon ROMs thinking about flashing one for my S4

It's not bad...paranoid Android has become my new favorite custom rom though. Love the hover feature.

Sent from my DROID MAXX using Tapatalk

It's not bad...paranoid Android has become my new favorite custom rom though. Love the hover feature.

Thanks. I am just looking for something stable, quick and long lasting battery. Also want to get rid of all this Samsung bloatware just driving me crazy.

Thanks. I am just looking for something stable, quick and long lasting battery. Also want to get rid of all this Samsung bloatware just driving me crazy.

My Maxx has crazy battery life stock, but PA actually extends it a bit. Very stable and fast because it's fairly minimalist with a few custom options here and there. And the theme engine works pretty well. See if you have RC1 available for the S4. There's some newer builds that are 4.4.4 instead of 4.4.3 but I had trouble with MMS on the newer builds. Everything is flawless for me on RC1 though.

Carbon should be similar. I had the S4 and stock roms sucked with battery. Anything CM based or AOSP should extend it a bit.

My Maxx has crazy battery life stock, but PA actually extends it a bit. Very stable and fast because it's fairly minimalist with a few custom options here and there. And the theme engine works pretty well. See if you have RC1 available for the S4. There's some newer builds that are 4.4.4 instead of 4.4.3 but I had trouble with MMS on the newer builds. Everything is flawless for me on RC1 though.

Carbon should be similar. I had the S4 and stock roms sucked with battery. Anything CM based or AOSP should extend it a bit.

Thanks. I will check those out. I also saw AOKP as well and was thinking about that one. Really don't want to flash a bunch of different ones just want to find one that works and stick with it.

Thanks. I will check those out. I also saw AOKP as well and was thinking about that one. Really don't want to flash a bunch of different ones just want to find one that works and stick with it.

AOKP has a bunch of customizable features...a few (dozen) too many for my liking lol.

Be very careful if upgrading to KitKat 4.4.4. It is very buggy, broke Exchange support for me, which is a big problem. After searching online it looks like this is a known issue.

So if flashing a ROM, check if it is AOSP 4.4.4 based and if it is I'd recommend searching for any known issues before flashing.

Back