Tour de France 2014 (spoilers)

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Tour de France 2014 kicks off tomorrow, and while I might be the only person here that cares about it, I figured I would start a thread.

No Wiggins this year for Team Sky, Froome is front and center and they will give everything they have to get him the yellow jersey.

Cantador is a huge favorite, and personally I am a fan.

Tejay Van Garderen is also expected to do well, and I would love to see an American wearing the yellow jersey again.

Should be a great Tour.

I'm rooting for lance

I watched it when Lance was on his run but have not had much interest in the last few years

I like to watch the climbing stages...... There is a lot more than just cranking the pedals. Which I've yet to fully understand

I can't believe Quintana went Giro instead this year. After his stage win and 2nd overall last year I figured he'd be gunning for Froome. The kid can climb.

I haven't watched in years might check it out this year.

I haven't watched in years might check it out this year.

Should be an interesting race. Nothing else like this in sports.

Any commercials this year?

Yes sir. We ways advertise during the Tour. I may make an appearance in the commercials this year as well.

#celebrity.
#noautographsplease
#howdoyoulikemenow
#istillsontunderstandhashtags

Yes sir. We ways advertise during the Tour. I may make an appearance in the commercials this year as well.

#celebrity.
#noautographsplease
#howdoyoulikemenow
#istillsontunderstandhashtags
Nice make sure to video it since I'll be watching paint dry instead of the bike races

Nice make sure to video it since I'll be watching paint dry instead of the bike races

Lame.

I bet you would enjoy it.

#dudesinspeedos

The tour is another one if those things I have tried and tried to get into and just never do. I usually watch a couple of the early stages but lose interest well before the end.

The tour is another one if those things I have tried and tried to get into and just never do. I usually watch a couple of the early stages but lose interest well before the end.

I was there a few years back. Obviously, after almost a year in to owning a couple bike shops, I have become a bit immersed in the culture and brands. I have a bit of interest in it now, as people want what the pros ride. Similar to golf.

I was there a few years back. Obviously, after almost a year in to owning a couple bike shops, I have become a bit immersed in the culture and brands. I have a bit of interest in it now, as people want what the pros ride. Similar to golf.

Makes total sense. I bet it would be a pretty cool event to see in person.

I like the TDF. Great to see 3 opening stages in England this year, should be a great opening to a great sporting event. I was lucky enough to be in Paris a few years back for the final stage. The 3 hour parade that preceded the riders was a bit of a ball ache, but it was great to see them motoring up and down the Champs Elleyse.

Gotta feel for Cav there at the end, he wanted this stage win in a bad bad way in his hometown. To go down like that had to hurt (phsically and emotionally). Looks like he smashed his collarbone straight in to the ground. Hate to see him go down when he was in a good spot for the sprint.

Kittel is just an animal though, I dont think there is anyone that can catch him in a sprint these days.

This is one of those events that I just have to watch even though I have no real interest in the sport. I completely forgot it started today. I was think it started on the 6th. Hopefully be able to catch some replays tonight, its truly amazing when you think that the race won't be over until the like the 26th or 27th, something crazy like that.

For tomorrow, I am possibly going to hate the tour as it could well interfere with our travel plans to make it to our UK event - I am not as close as some people, but it is probably no more than an hours drive from our door here and crosses the route we will be driving tomorrow

My boss at work lives on the route and he took yesterday off as he said he was parking his car up at home and not moving as there are lots of roads closed for the event which would cause him problems getting around

Some other friends of mine are there and I have seen a few pics on Facebook earlier of some of the riders as they went past

For those get NBCSN2Go the Tour de France will be on at 2 EST.

I just sent an email to our manager in the UK and received this unsuspecting response

Thanks for contacting me.

I will be watching the Tour de France on Monday 7th of July with no access to email.

I had to LOL

I watch a bit of this yesterday. My brother in law made the trip this year as he is a big fan. Looking forward to following along

3 great stages in the UK! The place looked fantastic on TV!!!

Back