2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weights aren't happening today. Sick kids need daddy

Chest, back and shoulders crushed tonight. Loved it.

Ran 3 miles and lifted legs after walking 27. Yup- tired

Ran 3 miles and lifted legs after walking 27. Yup- tired

That'll do it, that's for sure. Gyms back open normal hours, so it's kettlebells for me tonight, then a two miler in the morning, weather permitting.

That'll do it, that's for sure. Gyms back open normal hours, so it's kettlebells for me tonight, then a two miler in the morning, weather permitting.

Nice dude!!! Enjoy all of it!!

Man I'm sore all over from the past few days of lifting/cardio. Gotta push through it. Tourney tomorrow so I'm just gonna do cardio tonight.

Man I'm sore all over from the past few days of lifting/cardio. Gotta push through it. Tourney tomorrow so I'm just gonna do cardio tonight.

Good plan. Listen to your body. Always.

Ran the 4th of July 2-miler this morning that we run every year - I had completely forgot what my best time was, and ended up beating it by :30 - just over 15 min. Really happy with that, especially considering I haven't run in a long time. Then again, the weather wasn't nearly as hot as it has been in the past.

I've been lazy. Well, not lazy, but I haven't been running or to the gym for a month. I have been playing a lot of golf, and when you play 3-5 hours a week, there's no much time to do anything else if I want to spend time with the family.

I've been lazy. Well, not lazy, but I haven't been running or to the gym for a month. I have been playing a lot of golf, and when you play 3-5 hours a week, there's no much time to do anything else if I want to spend time with the family.

This is the issue I have run into the last year or so. There just aren't enough hours in the day right now.

Figured I'd chime in. I'm starting the gym tomorrow. Due to an issue with my wrist, I'm gonna do about 10 days of strictly cardio and hope my wrist gets better so I can start some lifting.

My main issue is always eating clean, so I need to get myself mentally prepared for the change in food selection.

Figured I'd chime in. I'm starting the gym tomorrow. Due to an issue with my wrist, I'm gonna do about 10 days of strictly cardio and hope my wrist gets better so I can start some lifting.

My main issue is always eating clean, so I need to get myself mentally prepared for the change in food selection.

Good luck! Diet is a huge component. Often very overlooked in my opinion.

The gym ruined my swing this year, lol...

I had some size when I played football years ago. And although I've always strength trained from one degree to another, this winter I tried once again to pack on the size.

At 46 yrs old, it wasn't easy but once I hit a groove, the gains came. Muscle memory's fun even if their memory's a little shakier than they used to be ;-)

Anyway, 15 extra lbs was too much. At 5' 8", 220 lbs was a little extreme and my swing paid the price (have a pic but a little embarrassed to post a selfie-flex pic, lol...). I flat out couldn't swing a club with any athleticism at all. None.

So being one to go from one extreme to another, I basically stopped weight training (only once/week) and started biking more. The swing's back, I'm down to 200 lbs but being that I've YET TO PLAY, I said screw it and am back in the gym hard.

I have no in-between switch!

The gym ruined my swing this year, lol...

I had some size when I played football years ago. And although I've always strength trained from one degree to another, this winter I tried once again to pack on the size.

At 46 yrs old, it wasn't easy but once I hit a groove, the gains came. Muscle memory's fun even if their memory's a little shakier than they used to be ;-)

Anyway, 15 extra lbs was too much. At 5' 8", 220 lbs was a little extreme and my swing paid the price (have a pic but a little embarrassed to post a selfie-flex pic, lol...). I flat out couldn't swing a club with any athleticism at all. None.

So being one to go from one extreme to another, I basically stopped weight training (only once/week) and started biking more. The swing's back, I'm down to 200 lbs but being that I've YET TO PLAY, I said screw it and am back in the gym hard.

I have no in-between switch!

Sorry to hear man. Good luck getting back out there when you do !

After a couple of days of rest, had leg day today. Squats, leg extensions and curls. Russian twists with medicine ball and knee lifts. Finished with 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Well, THPers, I weighed myself this morning and to my surprise the number was 198. I don't think I've been sub-200 since I was in middle school. I'm stunned, and incredibly ecstatic to have hit and surpassed that 200 mark, since I had been hovering between the 205-208 range for the last month or so. With a BBQ weekend at a friend's place for the 4th, I'll have to watch my portions in order to stay here, though.

Way to go Nate! I've been stuck at 208-210 for what seems like years (actually less than 2), but as I'm getting older it just seems worse & worse. This week I vowed to change my ways & started running and eating better. Three days in a row of running 3 miles & down to 205.

Next challenge: I'm on vacation in Corolla NC & the temptation to overeat & drink way to much beer is gonna be great. Gonna try running/biking twice a day to counteract any indulgences.

I have been lurking on this thread for a while now, so here goes. The wife and I started Weight Watchers June 1, at that time I was 240 lbs. Started the diet mainly for support for the wife, but knew it was time for me to lose some weight also. I'm 46 and 5'7" , my THP user name is also my nickname.."Pudge"..While I'm pretty sure I won't be getting any taller, I can get smaller. My long term goal is <200 lbs. but that is off in the horizon some where. I weighed 226 on July 1 so I'm down 14lbs in a month. I have read some great weight loss stories in this thread and hope mine will be one too. Thx in advance to all you folks for your support.

Way to go! Keep it up man! Just keep in mind one bad slip-up day doesn't change your overall forward momentum.

Just ordered DDP Yoga. Really want to improve my flexibility and increase strength with low-impact moves.

I kept tweaking my knees doing T25 (that and our living room shakes too much when we do it) so I stopped doing it months ago.

Really looking forward to DDP Yoga. I have read tons of positive things about it (even on body building forums) and cannot wait to get into it.

Just ordered DDP Yoga. Really want to improve my flexibility and increase strength with low-impact moves.

I kept tweaking my knees doing T25 (that and our living room shakes too much when we do it) so I stopped doing it months ago.

Really looking forward to DDP Yoga. I have read tons of positive things about it (even on body building forums) and cannot wait to get into it.

Had it on a thumb drive... no need to buy

It's really good stuff. Fixed a couple of golfing pains I was having and it gets the heart rating going.

Back at it early this AM. Total body workout focusing on upper

Swam for an hour in the in-laws pool yesterday, and just finished half an hour of Pilates.

I have not had a single back spasm (knock on wood) since I started doing Pilates daily earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got on the scale for the first time in a few weeks and confirmed my suspicions. Slowly creeping the wrong way, so today I start food journaling again.

After a couple of days of rest, had leg day today. Squats, leg extensions and curls. Russian twists with medicine ball and knee lifts. Finished with 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Paying for it today. 2nd day is always the worst. At least I know it's working! Should I still push through the soreness and get my cardio in or get one more day of rest?

Majorly off course thanks to the holidays and an upcoming vacation. I'm fine with it though. Will do my best when I'm in my controlled environment and accept that I have some breathing room. Planning on phase two after the Morgan Cup. More weight training to really lean myself out and build some muscle. For now, it will just be maintaining as best I can.

My fitness has taken a backseat from this nagging knee I have been dealing with for the last month and a half. I've had to focus on healthy eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back