Just got back from the wife's latest ob/gyn visit. He puts us at a delivery date a week early, which gives us approximately three weeks to go.

hey everyone, wife and I are expecting our first this month as well :). July 26 is our due date, however our doc is predicting slightly early but definitely no later. Obviously nervous but the nursery is all set up (wife loves to do interior decor), and i think we're as ready as we're going to be. My wife has had alot of practice with our 2 nieces from birth already but i'm sure its a whole different ball game for sure.

Gender is going to be a surprise so we're very anxious to find out! I'll be taking about 2.5-3 months off work to be with the baby and mom, and help out as much as i can around the house while we adjust.

The only thing from the class that helped us was the advice that you (husband) better run for help if the wife says she feels like she needs to push.

Hey, if you don't mind me saying, use as much FML time as you can after the kid comes. Sometimes us dads can be a little dismissive about baby stuff. I only used like a week with my son and it was a huge mistake. I used the full amount of time with my daughter and it was one of the best things ever.

I took the maximum time I could each time. Never regretted it even though I had no vacation of any kind for much of that 6 year period.

I took a week and a half with my son and 4 weeks with my daughter. I'd say take as much time as you can and you don't regret it.

Happy birthday America!

qmpN1fZ.jpg

Fun times at the Fox Chain of Lakes. Next week off to the dells.

are7ajyq.jpg

e3yge9u2.jpg

aqyjeput.jpg

7uqyhede.jpg

yvy6u4yh.jpg

uramegy3.jpg

I thought your pics on Instagram were of the chain and fox river! Man you were right in my neighborhood.

I wondered about that! Such a fun place to be in the summer.

Yeah it's tolerable in the summer. Winter not so much. You do the fireworks on the lake yesterday?

No we left around dinner time for home. The boy went to Woodstock Friday night though.

The Hawklets!

Good stuff. Well glad you enjoyed the area

We get up there a few times a year. Just usually very busy though since we are visiting family.

Nice dude. Totally get the busy with family part. If you and your family ever go out for a round and need to fill out a foursome hit me up! And dhartmann34, lives right down the road.

Will do for sure!

Awesome Ryan!

Hawk Jr is your mini me. Identical.

Parenting Thread

My 12-year old started 3-weeks of camp with SIG (Summer Institute for the Gifted) hosted at a nearby college. She'll be sharing a dorm room with a roommate for the next three weeks. It's her first time being away for more than one night. First-day report is that she's having fun.

Missing her already though. I may sleep in her room tonight. :)

Last edited:
Both my boys are at soccer camp here locally this week. Mom signed them up mainly because it was inexpensive and goes from 10-3 all week. I hope they get come enjoyment out of it and start to like the game more. I couldn't care less that neither seems interested in baseball, but I wouldn't mind being a soccer dad if they want to play.

This just came across my facebook feed. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/emma-jenner/modern-day-parenting-in-c_b_5552527.html

Of course I had something to say, here it is:

As a parent, this sanctimonious bullshat really grinds my gears. Don't tell me how to raise my kids. Don't tell people how to raise theirs. Stop acting like every child is the same. Stop making assumptions and acting like you know what makes a good parent and what makes a bad one. Everybody's life is different. Every child is different. No two families are the same. Stop telling people what they should be doing and start worrying about your own. Now piss off, I hope you stub your toe on a corner.

Its like a firestorm in that comment section. Everyone has their ideas I guess. Fun to watch people get mad on the internet though.

Everybody is allowed an opinion. Again, I cannot stand when somebody tells somebody how to raise their kids. If you want to see me get really angry, tell me how to raise mine. I can handle tips. Especially communication tips. But to say, "this is how it has to be done." is bull****.

Everybody is allowed an opinion. Again, I cannot stand when somebody tells somebody how to raise their kids. If you want to see me get really angry, tell me how to raise mine. I can handle tips. Especially communication tips. But to say, "this is how it has to be done." is bull****.

I totally agree

I actually agree with most of the points in that article, especially #2.

Which is fine. But my wife and I do not follow most of those and our kids are pretty darn good. Not maladjusted selfish monsters.

My point is that kids are not uniform. There is no one way to raise kids.

Which is fine. But my wife and I do not follow most of those and our kids are pretty darn good. Not maladjusted selfish monsters.

My point is that kids are not uniform. There is no one way to raise kids.

To use a golf analogy, there's no one way to swing a club but there are plenty of basic elements that most of us are well served to use. I generally read the article in that vein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back