The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropped my phone in the pool two days ago & it won't turn on. I'm traveling & hate I don't have a phone. Never realized how much I rely on that stupid thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dropped my phone in the pool two days ago & it won't turn on. I'm traveling & hate I don't have a phone. Never realized how much I rely on that stupid thing

Did you put it in rice?

Did you put it in rice?

Yep. In rice for 24 hrs then placed it on the AC unit overnight to dry out even more. What sucks is the mophie juice pack works fine, but the phone won't turn on or even charge. It's a 64g iPhone & replacing it will be expensive if I can't talk my way into a warranty replacement.

My dad.

Rant over.

My dad.

Rant over.

Alright man. I'm not going to go to far into this. But you have an example.

Be the change you wish to see.

Alright man. I'm not going to go to far into this. But you have an example.

Be the change you wish to see.

Not going to bother me Joe, its something I've said since day one, I was raised being shown every single thing to NOT be on many levels.

I just will not stand for him going after my sister, she and I have been through enough already.

My day off tomorrow was suppose to be all about golf, but after having the fire department and the energy company out to the house last night because our CO2 alarm went off I will be spending the day getting our red tagged water heater replaced. Very thankful for the CO2 alarm as the outcome could have been quite a bit worse.

My wife had that happen too, right before vacation. She put it in rice and it went off and on for a day or 2 and has since worked fine. Give it a bit more time to see??!!

Not going to bother me Joe, its something I've said since day one, I was raised being shown every single thing to NOT be on many levels.

I just will not stand for him going after my sister, she and I have been through enough already.

Out of respect, I am not going to dig into this on the open forum. It's none of my business. You know where to find me.

Out of respect, I am not going to dig into this on the open forum. It's none of my business. You know where to find me.

Its all good buddy, I'm in a happy place, and nothing/no-one will take me from that. I'm already completely and entirely wrapped around her little fingers and I've not even met her yet.

Its all good buddy, I'm in a happy place, and nothing/no-one will take me from that. I'm already completely and entirely wrapped around her little fingers and I've nto even met her yet.

Makes me smile buddy.

My wife had that happen too, right before vacation. She put it in rice and it went off and on for a day or 2 and has since worked fine. Give it a bit more time to see??!!

I fly home tomorrow & if I get the run around from verizon I'm going to try the rice again and see. I'm not hopeful bc it won't charge or even turn on while plugged in.

New rant.

Dog. Gas.

Sonofa...

Jury duty tomorrow morning .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had it last Monday. So I'm off the list for 3 years now. But I didn't mind. It was one day and my company paid me for the day.

My rant is about the other players at Heather Downs CC, specifically the two that I caught trying to pick up my golf ball to add to their stash. I mean I know my tee game was bad yesterday but there's zero excuse for that. I did end up losing one ball that I suspect got picked up before I got to it. I hit a wayward approach left into the light rough and never found it. There were groups on the adjacent hole but this was before I caught the first guy trying to pick up my ball so I wasn't aware that this was going to be a thing to deal with.

I just don't get it.

My rant is about the other players at Heather Downs CC, specifically the two that I caught trying to pick up my golf ball to add to their stash. I mean I know my tee game was bad yesterday but there's zero excuse for that. I did end up losing one ball that I suspect got picked up before I got to it. I hit a wayward approach left into the light rough and never found it. There were groups on the adjacent hole but this was before I caught the first guy trying to pick up my ball so I wasn't aware that this was going to be a thing to deal with.

I just don't get it.
Lots of "inexperienced" golfers never consider leaving a ball if there is a possibility that it belongs to someone else. I would much rather pass on potentially picking up someone's ball than adding a ball to my shag bag.

I don't get it either rbarrhl... I mean the course has to be pretty abandoned with not another possible player in site for next I even consider picking a ball up. Honestly most times I just leave it lay.

Bruised ribs. Son of a! Been about a week. Haven't tried a full swing yet, so the short game and putting will be the focus for a few more days.

The Official Rant of the Day

As a follow up to my above post. This was a funny "found ball " situation.

My buddy found a ball still in the hole of a par 4 once when he went to take the flag out.

It was a fairly new Pro V, we looked around bewildered and didn't see anyone around. This green could only be hit if your playing that hole. Impossible almost to figure out where it had come from.

We figured someone must have holed out a chip shot and left it for some reason.

About 4 holes later we are approached by a guy who wd assume had been in front of us but we hadn't seen him since he teed off as a single about 10 minutes ahead of us. This was hole 15

He starts yelling at us in what I think was Korean but not sure. The only word we could understand was Pro V.

So my buddy showed him the ball. He grabbed the ball from my buddy, hands and arms flailing and stormed off still screaming in Korean.

We still have no idea why he left it there or it took him about 3 holes to come look for it. And why he was so irate.

Granted we were wrong as it wasn't either of our balls. But it clearly seemed like it had been abandoned. It was in hrs cup and nobody for two holes ahead of us.

Wd still laugh about if to this day when we play that hole.

Last edited:
Played a round at a local course.. Had a first happen.

Par 5, big dogleg left, but you can go at the green through a narrow window of trees. I had been hitting it really well, so I said, what the heck... and went for it. Hit it through the window and didnt hear it hit anything big. Walked up and expected the ball to be a little left of the green. Couldn't find it to save my life. Asked the group in front of us if they had saw a ball.

They asked what kind and I replied with "Callaway Supersoft with GPS marked on it"... One guy says, oh yes, I picked that up and put it in my bag. He said it felt cold, so he thought it had been sitting there for a while.

I was absolutely shocked. First off, it is July, its certainly not cold. Second, if you put it in your bag, just tell me you didnt see it.

Been collecting a particular set of putters. Found one of the ones I am missing at a ridiculously low price. This morning, checked and it's been super jacked up in price. Went to look at the bidder list and one of the bidders has bid on 95% of the sellers items. Seems a bit fishy to me, and I suspect it is an alternate account to jack the price up. Filed a report, we'll see if anything turns up.

really not a rant just a struggle through the 4th of july weekend, we have a houseboat on the miss. river, with all the rain up north it put the river up to major flood stage so we were unable to spend the 4th at the river (puts wife in bad mood), so we decided to go to st louis and spend it at our daughters house.

So i had plans to go pick up a new Big Bertha driver while i was in the city, on our way there the tranny in the truck gives up the ghost (lost reverse and high) limp it to our daughters house in low, so no big bertha for me, gonna have to get a tranny first.

then sunday daughter decides to power wash back patio, power washer wont start, i allready no the problem as i have told her before drain the gas and run it out before winter, she has very limited tools, so with a crecent wrench and a phillips screw driver i got the carb off and cleaned up. with a few choice words thrown in lol

some say it could be rant worthy but i tend to look at the bright side of things, we got the truck to her house, and the tranny shop that my mechanic buddy uses is not far away from her. got to attend a hell of a 4th of july parade and party, played 18 holes on sat (didnt play well but still had fun), and a very good friend took time out of his Sunday to drive a 4 hr round trip to pick us up and take us home. he even offered to take us back down this friday to pick it up.

So i didnt get the Big Bertha, but i picked up a razr fit extreme with the black tie shaft today at cally preowned for 68.00 shipped
it will be replacing a titleist 975j

end of rant or story, just feel blessed to have great friends and a wonderfull family

Take Care
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back