What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heritage is a tough, but fun track. I'd like to get another shot at it sometime soon.

Let's try to do that before the MC. I'd love to get another competitive round with you on my home turf.

Let's try to do that before the MC. I'd love to get another competitive round with you on my home turf.

We've got a neutral site match tomorrow, but I'm sure I can find some time to get up that way in the next couple of weeks! I think that's one course that local knowledge is key, especially with how those greens can be.

Also, don't expect me to be much competition tomorrow. Pretty inconsistent the last couple of times out.

6:30ish tee times are an absolute must on that course during the weekend.
I totally agree. It was like playing there right after Dr J sold it.

We've got a neutral site match tomorrow, but I'm sure I can find some time to get up that way in the next couple of weeks! I think that's one course that local knowledge is key, especially with how those greens can be.

Also, don't expect me to be much competition tomorrow. Pretty inconsistent the last couple of times out.

That's some Lou Holtz level poor-mouthing. Don't star asking to put money on this match, Tin Cup.

43/42 for a 85.

Couldn't make any putts fall. Left a TON of tap ins.

Ball striking is the best it has been in a LONG time. Iron game is just silly good right now.

We could annoy the hell out of Seth with nothing but Auburn football talk all day.

That's two of my favorite things, Auburn football and golf.

War Eagle from my iPhone

Shot 84 (43/41). We were a threesome and teed off at 6:30 am. Once we got past one group ahead of us (two guys were teaching a 3rd guy how to play golf on the course - they had played 1 1/2 holes in 40 minutes before we passed them) we flew and finished at 9:30. We beat the oppressive heat by a few minutes.

The "teaching threesome" were just walking off #8 as we finished 18.

What did you shoot today?

93 this morning. It was a tale of two nines; 52 on the front and a personal best 41 on the back. I focused on not overthinking (which seems contradictory) on the back and it made a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Played in a fun red/white/blue tournament saturday and ended up shooting 76 (+4). Definitely got to hit some different clubs off the tee and into some of the greens. Had a buuuunch of putts lip out on me with some tricky pin placements. The new method mod 00 is a beast. Hit everything right on the line I wanted with a perfect roll.

Disappointing 81 today as my putter betrayed me. Over the last 10 rounds I have averaged 28 putts per round. Today I had 37 putts.

The driver was on fire today. As I was getting fantastic distance and was either hitting or just missing the fairway.

I hit 12 greens in regulation - a season high for me.

However, I was leaving every putt short. After playing 3 times in Ocean City last week on very fast greens, I just didn't putt on the practice green enough to get used to the much slower greens.

So frustrating to have such a great ball striking round, yet score so poorly.

Disappointing 81 today as my putter betrayed me. Over the last 10 rounds I have averaged 28 putts per round. Today I had 37 putts.

The driver was on fire today. As I was getting fantastic distance and was either hitting or just missing the fairway.

I hit 12 greens in regulation - a season high for me.

However, I was leaving every putt short. After playing 3 times in Ocean City last week on very fast greens, I just didn't putt on the practice green enough to get used to the much slower greens.

So frustrating to have such a great ball striking round, yet score so poorly.

An 81 with 37 putts means your ball striking was really solid. You can definitely build on that.

Played in a fun red/white/blue tournament saturday and ended up shooting 76 (+4). Definitely got to hit some different clubs off the tee and into some of the greens. Had a buuuunch of putts lip out on me with some tricky pin placements. The new method mod 00 is a beast. Hit everything right on the line I wanted with a perfect roll.

I hate to say this... but I told you so. In regards to the Method Mod.

46/45 = 91 today. Swing changes showed up on the course and so did the course management. Some poor putting and a couple of blow-up holes killed the round. I need to get back to my putting practice as I have been too focused on the swing.

I walked 9 today and it was blistering hot and humid, I figured it would be some good prep for the Morgan Cup. I shot a 2 over 38 with 3 fairways and 3 greens hit lol. It was a strange day, everything was high and right but I was able to get up and down from some stupid ugly places. I'll get a few more rounds in over the next couple weeks.

42/43-85. It was REAL windy today and I struggled getting my distances and accuracy down with my irons. Driver and short game was solid though.

Played after work today and I come home with a PB!!!

Screenshot2014-07-07at74246PM_zps497f881d.png

Sort of a strange golf day, but it was good for practice. Played 5 holes in league today before thunder and lightning came in, and went par, double, birdie, triple, bogey. So, took care of all possible scores.

Noticed traffic was awful after the rain, and the starter said I could just go back out and play a few holes if I wanted to. Played 3 ball best ball for 6 holes, and shot -2. Some clunkers in there, but hit the ball really, really well. Put a few balls with mid irons in the 5-10 foot range. Putted great in both the match and practice too. It was a great opportunity to get some on course practice, which is often hard to come by.

Played Bay Forest southeast of Houston, shot 75 hit 12 greens made 3 birdies. Irons have been on fire for 2 weeks.

Well another week of league and another 37. Just can't get away from the silly mistakes but I am pretty happy with the way I played. 2 birdies and 3 bogeys.

Oh and I did drive the par 4 5th hole. Second time I have done it this year.

y7ebajav.jpg

Well another week of league and another 37. Just can't get away from the silly mistakes but I am pretty happy with the way I played. 2 birdies and 3 bogeys.

Oh and I did drive the par 4 5th hole. Second time I have done it this year.

y7ebajav.jpg
#internetgolfer

41 / 41 82 35 putts.

Mistakes and shooting 37..... I'm taking that all day

Went 46/45-91 tonight at my harder course. Played from the white tee's 133 slope with 71.6 rating. Short game was saving me tonight, but just couldn't get many good shots off the tee box. Then my second shots weren't always good either. Also was experimenting with the putting since it feels like I am kinda stuck in the mid 30's to around 40 now. Just tried doing the old regular grip tonight and ended up with 39 putts. Going to the range tomorrow to work on everything because I need all the help I can get. #THPMC is coming so I am super grinding away right now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back