Angel Cabrera - HOF?

Since it is the World Golf HOF for sure he belongs in

I like Angel, but I would not put him in the HOF. I would have never put Monte in either, and using him as a bar to measure who should get in makes no sense at all to me.

I'm going to say yes, he is a HOF golfer. I don't care where the wins were, yes the PGA is the place to be, but professional golf these days world wide is strong. Think of the other tournaments he has been in and he was extremely close to major #3 two years ago. BTW he BOMBS the ball

Just hearing his name I would have said no. 50+ wins and 2 majors is sure impressive. I say yes.

It's kind of hard not to say Yes.

Based on the old standards, yes he belongs in the WGHOF.

I would like to see him net a few more wins or two more majors to be considered.

If based solely on US PGA number of wins, one tourney and two majors puts AC in the serious discussion. Monty would be on the outside, looking in.

I bet AC gets a bad rap, in part because he doesn't speak english and isn't a regular on the US PGA. If he were a regular, he would probably be in the HOF at this time.

Interesting conversation - because Major Championships get more credit than regular tour wins. Weir/Toms/Steve Jones/Tom Kite all have one major win. Are they all equal in stature? I surely think not.
Two Major wins - Bubba, Kaymer, Cabrera, G. Norman, J. Daly, J. Miller - the names become more impressive. I think two major wins gets serious consideration, no matter what.

Take the name out of it...and just look at the raw numbers...if I asked you does a guy with 50+ Worldwide wins, 3 PGA Tour wins, 2 of which are Majors and 3 or 4 Euro Tour wins belong in the Hall? If the answer is yes, then he belongs. If the answer is no, then he doesnt.

Another yes vote here, based on International wins, plus 2 majors.

Only if John Daly is also worthy, with 2 majors and more PGA victories.

And think about it - combined they hold all 4 major championships.

I actually like Angel and followed him some while at the Colonial this year.
Do I think he deserves to be in the HOF? Not really. A couple majors, a few European, and a lot of other wins, does not make one HOF worthy. Not competing against the world's best and winning year in and year out has diminished his HOF chance in my eyes.

If he stopped playing today, maybe not. However I do not think he is not done winning yet. I have a feeling he will make it if he can rack up a couple of big wins in the next year or two.

Last edited:
Thanks to his worldwide wins, yes

if it was just what was done over here...no

+1 on this

His 2 Majors are 2 more than a LOT of very good golfers, but his world wins puts him in my opinion.

No, but neither are a few of the recent inductees either. It's become more of a Hall of Good Players recently.

I actually like Angel and followed him some while at the Colonial this year.
Do I think he deserves to be in the HOF? Not really. A couple majors, a few European, and a lot of other wins, does not make one HOF worthy. Not competing against the world's best and winning year in and year out has diminished his HOF chance in my eyes.
I love how a couple majors is no big deal. Unfortunately we live in the Tiger era where it seems that you're not a great golfer without 5+ majors. 50+ wins worldwide with 2 majors (against the best in the world) that is a Hall of Fame career. There are some suspects entrees I agree, but if you were walking through stopped and saw Angel Cabrera plaque with his credentials you wouldn't second guess why is he in here.

I think he's done enough to be considered overall. Clearly his worldwide wins carries him a lot, but that with two majors is pretty commendable imho.

2 Majors
3 PGA Tour wins
50+ victories

Is he a HOF if it were up to you?

In addition to his impressive world wide victory count, I believe that the two majors qualifies him under the new admissions criteria for the HOF.

Funny how he seems to bring his "A" game mostly to majors....where so many others fold like cheap suits.

Anyway, I believe El Pato is worthy of HOF -and let's remember that he's far from through....

He is a top contendor for sure, HOF worthy for sure. I really enjoy watching his game. And this week to watch to simply put on a clinic was amazing.

Worldwide wins along with the majors makes it a yes for me. I'm sure you can go down the current HOF list and compare AC to & will be surprised how well he stacks up.

I would say 'no. He has 2 Majors, 1 PGA tour win and 3 Euro wins...not enough. The HOF should for dominate players of there era.

I believe that everyone in the HOF has achievements that allowed to be be inducted, so I am not trying to take anything away from any of these people.

Isao Aoki- 1 PGA win 0 majors
Kel Nagle- 1 PGA win 1 major
Christy O'Connor 0 PGA wins 24 Euro wins 0 majors
Willie Park Jr- 2 majors
Chi Chi Rodriguez- 8 PGA wins 2 majors
Curtis Strange- 15 PGA wins 2 majors
Ken Venturi- 13 PGA wins 1 major

Those are just a couple in the HOF with what a feel is an inferior records to Angel Cabrera. Once again I am not saying those people should not in the HOF all the accomplishments by those guys are very impressive in their own right.

I would say yes....he has 50+ worldwide wins......it's is a WORLD Golf Hall Of Fame.

I believe that everyone in the HOF has achievements that allowed to be be inducted, so I am not trying to take anything away from any of these people.

Isao Aoki- 1 PGA win 0 majors
Kel Nagle- 1 PGA win 1 major
Christy O'Connor 0 PGA wins 24 Euro wins 0 majors
Willie Park Jr- 2 majors
Chi Chi Rodriguez- 8 PGA wins 2 majors
Curtis Strange- 15 PGA wins 2 majors
Ken Venturi- 13 PGA wins 1 major

Those are just a couple in the HOF with what a feel is an inferior records to Angel Cabrera. Once again I am not saying those people should not in the HOF all the accomplishments by those guys are very impressive in their own right.

Chi Chi has 2 Champions Tour Majors, none on the regular tour.

Back