Contest #1 - 2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

Quick question. I promise I'm being honest and not trying to stick in the needle...

Last year, team THP had a great captain and awesome dude, Hawk. Great guy. Team THP also had good golfers. Team THP also said before the match that they would beat team Callaway by using great chemistry and timely, good play. Team THP was defeated easily and soundly (I say that as a matter of fact, not editorializing one bit).

So, what will team THP do this year to get a different, and more desirable to THP, result in the Grandaddy?

Booze, women, fishing, screen doors and a lot of practice. #somewhatserious

Seeing how everyone has prepared and raised their games for the Morgan Cup, I have no doubt that #cookie will have everyone of the THPers doing the same for #thedos. The guys will take their games to places they didn't know they were capable of and bring it to California in December.

Kills me I can't be a part of this. But, knowing THP and Callaway they never do anything the same they only keep making it even better.

There goes Harry, "Not sticking needle in" as he "Pounds his chest" one more time. Deservedly so. As I have not been picked yet, and am a relative newcomer here I can't say what the plan is, but I'm sure it's formidable. If picked I will bring a game worthy of the pick and able to hold up to whatever the #ZooCrew has to offer. Cockey no, confident yes. Oh by the way. Shouldn't your captain be the one communicatiing?

Pay attention, junior, as I am the ZooCrew captain.

My point is this:

Same strategy coupled with same tactics will deliver the same results. I am honestly asking what each of YOU will be doing differently to prepare should you be picked for the event...

What I'm about to say is not a knock on what my good friend Hawk and the #DreamTeam did last year.....just "lessons learned" if you will as it was a learning experience and a new format a bit different than the THP norm. Will I tell you everything? Of course not....but here's a few tidbits for you to chew on:

- THP is hungry as a whole for a win. We don't take losing well and really don't handle the blasphemous trash talk since then well. *4:49*
- The handicapped format of the event requires a different perspective and careful building of the teams, we will be prepared.
- I'm not as nice as Hawk so you can expect a bunch of mean #BasementDwellers that just have one goal: annihilate the #ZooCrew

**Hi Harry**

#ZooTamerOut

THAT! That is what I want to hear out of my captain!
#takingnames

What I'm about to say is not a knock on what my good friend Hawk and the #DreamTeam did last year.....just "lessons learned" if you will as it was a learning experience and a new format a bit different than the THP norm. Will I tell you everything? Of course not....but here's a few tidbits for you to chew on:

- THP is hungry as a whole for a win. We don't take losing well and really don't handle the blasphemous trash talk since then well. *4:49*
- The handicapped format of the event requires a different perspective and careful building of the teams, we will be prepared.
- I'm not as nice as Hawk so you can expect a bunch of mean #BasementDwellers that just have one goal: annihilate the #ZooCrew

**Hi Harry**

#ZooTamerOut

QFT!!!

It's been said, but I think the biggest thing is just knowing what to expect going in. Absolutely no one on the THP side knew what was gonna happen going in last year. Most of us got to experience following along with everything last year, and getting the recaps and just getting a feel for what those guys experienced. It's not a knock on those guys last year at all; it's a little different walking in the dark versus with some light.

And not to mention all the smack talk you guys do, and it's well earned. But it just feeds the beast that is THP every time you guys spit something out.

More serious me,

Practice as much as I can and just bring my game to California. As long as I know I gave all I could along with the other THP teammates, couldn't ask for more than that. A #zoocrew ass whooping would just make it that much better.

My point is this:

Same strategy coupled with same tactics will deliver the same results. I am honestly asking what each of YOU will be doing differently to prepare should you be picked for the event...

Sir Harry... Hope all is well.

I've been working on my swing with a good friend and old college teammate of mine who is on the Canadian Tour right now. He's worked with so many great teaching pros over his golfing career and has the "eye" and knowledge base that I trust. Plus he knows my swing very well. I've been seeing some significant gains after a large adjustment and my scores recently are reflecting it. Just need to continue to get comfortable with it and I'm confident my game with continue to improve. Just need to get over the few trust issues in a round that are preventing me from taking it sub-par. Hopefully in time to qualify for and compete at the NYS Am being held at my club. But if that doesn't pan out, I hope #thegrandaddy will serve as future motivation to continue to grind.

I think the biggest thing is that THP'ers didn't know what to expect last year. That combined with all the sh%t talking from the zoo crew since will bring a bunch of highly motivated THP'ers to Cali this December who have put in the work.

So let's flip it on you...

Are you concerned about any complacency within the zoo crew?

My point is this:

For me while each person can do something to help their game and themselves the important thing is not what I will be doing but more what WE as a team will be doing. We need to be successful as a team not just individually.

The individual focus and preparation needs to be there obviously but if the chosen members only approach it from an individual stand point I think the #zoocrew will repeat.
However I know captain #cookie will not let that happen and Team THP will be victorious in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question. I promise I'm being honest and not trying to stick in the needle...

Last year, team THP had a great captain and awesome dude, Hawk. Great guy. Team THP also had good golfers. Team THP also said before the match that they would beat team Callaway by using great chemistry and timely, good play. Team THP was defeated easily and soundly (I say that as a matter of fact, not editorializing one bit).

So, what will team THP do this year to get a different, and more desirable to THP, result in the Grandaddy?

Well, first of all, The Zoo Crew will still be at each other's throats from the Gauntlet, which greatly amuses me.

Second, Cookies and Poutine. Obviously.

Last year was just to get you guys to sign back up for another year. It's on for real this time

My point is this:

#1 Fishing a lot more to get that pole thing down
#2 I have two more lessons at my course to hone my skills just in case I'm chosen to take down Rhiona :bomb:

#3 Have tons of prep behind me on the proper technique of attacking par 3 holes with my driver.
#4 Tie Jason Findley up and throw him into the back of the woodshed :deadhorse:

#5 Work really hard on my game!

#6 Work really had on telling better jokes than you!

#7 Beat the old ladies at my golf course including Gertrude so Rhiona won't stand a chance :nono:!

#8 Work on my eating skills so as to take advantage of the free food you all provide in California.

#9 Practice my smack talking skills so as the zoo crew will tuck their tales and run home to Momma. :bulgy-eyes:

Drum roll for # 10

:zsimpsons:

Support THP and Captain Cookie with everything I can bring to guarantee our victory :thumb:

Simple....bring Jake. He doesn't lose. Bring it!!!

My point is this:

Same thing I'm doing for the Morgan Cup: doing everything I can to get my game tournament ready. That means improving upon what I do well and working on my weaknesses with lessons, practice, and more play. It has meant taking an honest look at what I need to improve and have a swing that I can trust under pressure. If I were to get into the #TheGrandaddy, my preparation would just be a continuation of what I've been doing for the last 7 months. My game has improved significantly during that time, and I know I can get better. With another 5 months to prepare, I like our chances of taking down the #zoocrew.

My point is this:

Sorry Capt H., I said I was the newbie here. I just assumed it was JF. I'm away this week. But practicing everyday as if picked. Need to be prepared for battle. Also have that gentlemens bet to beat you at for additional motivation. I will get you more next week

My point is this:

Different (meaner) captain + different (meaner) team members + different (meaner) tactics + different preparation + desired revenge = Different results.

In other words, #ZooLose.

What will I do differently if picked? More range work, more rounds played, equipment upgrades, more strategery !

I am honestly asking what each of YOU will be doing differently to prepare should you be picked for the event...
Hmmm. What will I be doing differently if I am picked for this event? I'm tempted to respond with "Not a damn thing", and it'd be a pretty accurate statement as I'm already committed to improving my game. Lessons have been taken, lessons continue to be taken, and my instructor and I have highlighted the weaknesses in my game and they will be addressed and rectified. My goal is to play at my potential no matter when, or where, I step on the golf course.

But ... having been an athlete through college, I know better. Winners find a way to find that next gear whether it existed before or not. So if I'm chosen to be a #ZooKeeper, I'm sure that I will find that extra incentive to whoop #ZooCrew arse. There is always a way to generate some extra grist for the mill, I mean between six rejections for #TheGauntlet, having to listen to you guys run your mouth over an event that took place last year, blah blah blah ... yada yada yada, yeah it gets tiring and I'll do what is necessary to exorcise those demons. Does that mean I wake up earlier to hit the range more times each month? Does that mean I take more lessons, and play more golf? Does that mean I make even more of a commitment to improve my physical fitness, work on my endurance and flexibility? Damn skippy it does.

Well, I get to use Apex this time, so...

Exactly! Using their own weapons against them is the best way to serve revenge. The honeymoon period is over, now it's all business come December.

I can't take anything away from the team we sent into battle last year. I won't because that team was full of great guys and their captain is a class act. They did in fact get soundly beaten, no doubt about that. This time around will be different though, we've (THP community) have tasted our own blood and we don't like it. We're going to work harder to prepare ourselves to go to your backyard and kick your ass. That's what we didn't do last time around. We were happy and golly gee.....this is great. Well....yes it will be great again. But this time leaving as champs will be that much better! The drive we'll all have will be twice as intense this time around, the passion to succeed will take over and we will go into that event ready to play the best golf of our entire lives. Will that mean we'll beat everyone of you #ZooJokers? Absolutely not, but as a team...I like our chances!

I can't take anything away from the team we sent into battle last year. I won't because that team was full of great guys and their captain is a class act. They did in fact get soundly beaten, no doubt about that. This time around will be different though, we've (THP community) have tasted our own blood and we don't like it. We're going to work harder to prepare ourselves to go to your backyard and kick your ass. That's what we didn't do last time around. We were happy and golly gee.....this is great. Well....yes it will be great again. But this time leaving as champs will be that much better! The drive we'll all have will be twice as intense this time around, the passion to succeed will take over and we will go into that event ready to play the best golf of our entire lives. Will that mean we'll beat everyone of you #ZooJokers? Absolutely not, but as a team...I like our chances!

Jake speaks the truth !

My point is this:

Going to study up on Zoology, that way I know everything I need to know about the #Zoocrew

I don't recall anyone using voodoo dolls, so I've got that going for me. Other than that, I have a mental approach that I don't have to become a scratch golfer, I just have to be the best 16 handicap possible. If I play to my 'cap Team THP will have a fighting shot. I would tell you how I'm going to do that but I'm distracted by your Jazz Singer Goes To Eddie Bauer avatar (not trying to stick in the needle, just sayin').

I am honestly asking what each of YOU will be doing differently to prepare should you be picked for the event...

If you're genuinely asking I'll give you a genuine answer.

Leading up to #TheKing I was in a groove working on a lot of things; taking lessons, practicing a lot, getting in good shape, etc. When I had to withdraw I fell off the wagon on everything. Wasn't practicing, not playing great, and was getting out of shape. Right now the biggest thing I'm working on is getting myself fit physically and mentally. Most rounds this year I had been getting just worn out by the end, and if I start to descend physically during a round it can effect me mentally as well. I'm now eating better again and in the 4th week of a 6 day a week workout regimen and starting to feel pretty good. Sure I'm working on my game, but it will only get me so far if I can't finish out a round, let alone a long weekend of golf. I plan to pick up the grind on the golf game more and more as time goes on, but at this point I think it benefits me most to make sure I can execute and sustain whatever game I have throughout several rounds.

Boy that is longer than I thought it would be.

intense-soccer-fan-gif_zpse6efe58f.gif

Back