The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carried my car in this morning for a minor recall, they told me it would take 45 minutes so I sat down. Sure enough 45 minutes later they came and said it was done but that one of my headlights was out so I told them to go ahead and replace the bulb. An hour and a half later I asked how much longer and they told me it might be another hour and a half so I had them take me home. An hour and a half later they called and said it was ready. When I asked how much did I owe the lady told me that I was not going to like it so I got a sinking feeling. She told me the bulb was slightly over $200, I about fell out. She did change the labor charge to 1/2 hour to ease the pain some but $278 for a headlight is crazy IMO.

Carried my car in this morning for a minor recall, they told me it would take 45 minutes so I sat down. Sure enough 45 minutes later they came and said it was done but that one of my headlights was out so I told them to go ahead and replace the bulb. An hour and a half later I asked how much longer and they told me it might be another hour and a half so I had them take me home. An hour and a half later they called and said it was ready. When I asked how much did I owe the lady told me that I was not going to like it so I got a sinking feeling. She told me the bulb was slightly over $200, I about fell out. She did change the labor charge to 1/2 hour to ease the pain some but $278 for a headlight is crazy IMO.

Dayuuuuuuuummmmm DAWG! I believe I would find another mechanic as that sounds redunkously high! Take it to Jackon Bros. in Gray next time. They changed a headlight for me and charged $15.00 bucks labor and the part was very reasonable. It may have been having an old truck is cheaper for damn it boy :beat-up:

If it's HID that's absolutely in line.

I just had to replace a ballast and bulb in a 11 enclave and it was 700$

My wife had that happen too, right before vacation. She put it in rice and it went off and on for a day or 2 and has since worked fine. Give it a bit more time to see??!!

Guess what??? Phone decided to turn on today! This just turned into a HHJJ! #lazarusiphone

Garage is heated so in the winter it stays pretty nice in here.

It's summer, I'm cleaning my garage, and it's freaking hot in here!!!

Work today felt like 8 hours of getting the crap beat out of me. I feel like garbage after having to sort through doors in our inventory to weed out all the damaged ones.... 54 doors... all garbage and unusable. Having to fix mistakes made by others is my pet peeve.

I make mistakes, I own up to them, I seek solutions, and I fix problems. I don't pass the buck. But for some reason I get the buck passed to me too often.

Yeah, that's why I limit to my garage cleaning to the fall.

Mine NEEDS IT!
And needs it now!

I don't have enough extra space in here to swing a club at night.

Now I hope I'll be able to!

My wife was looking at me sitting on the back porch today with my legs propped up side by side. She was totally shocked at how bad my right knee looked. It has been hurting me more lately and it is grossly over sized. She said it reminded her compared to my left knee like the elephant man. I will be calling my surgeon tomorrow for an appointment. I'm so afraid I may have to have a fourth surgery that I have tried to keep it to myself. It's blatantly obvious now that something is out of whack. I have a huge knot on the top side of my knee where it looks like something is out of place. I'm hoping it's just a large fat portion of scar tissue gathering up.

My wife was looking at me sitting on the back porch today with my legs propped up side by side. She was totally shocked at how bad my right knee looked. It has been hurting me more lately and it is grossly over sized. She said it reminded her compared to my left knee like the elephant man. I will be calling my surgeon tomorrow for an appointment. I'm so afraid I may have to have a fourth surgery that I have tried to keep it to myself. It's blatantly obvious now that something is out of whack. I have a huge knot on the top side of my knee where it looks like something is out of place. I'm hoping it's just a large fat portion of scar tissue gathering up.
Yuck, I hate reading this. Good luck Bill.

I don't like hearing that buddy. This the same knee you had done a few years ago?

Damn it Bill! hard headed ol' cuss! Kelly is going to take a skillet to your back side if you don't shape up. Hope it's minor and you keep getting on.

I don't like hearing that buddy. This the same knee you had done a few years ago?

Yep and the same one I had a total knee replace on last October. This knee won't give me a fricking break. Excuse the pun. I've had a partial knee replacement seven years ago, a scope on it two years ago and the TKR eight months ago. Getting tired of this sucker blowing out on me.

Yep and the same one I had a total knee replace on last October. This knee won't give me a fricking break. Excuse the pun. I've had a partial knee replacement seven years ago, a scope on it two years ago and the TKR eight months ago. Getting tired of this sucker blowing out on me.

Hate reading this Bill. Thoughts and prayers that it's something minor.

The Official Rant of the Day

Wow Bill. I hate hearing this for you. As one who knows knee pain, I feel for you.

I have an appointment next week for a follow-up on my most recent injury and most likely to discuss bi-lateral knee replacement.

Of course it will have to wait until October, as I have golf to play in Palm Beach in September!!

Last edited:
Wow Bill. I hate hearing this for you. As one who knows knee pain, I feel for you.

I have an appointment next week for a follow-up on my most recent injury and most likely to discuss bi-lateral knee replacement.

Of cities it will have to wait until October, as I have golf to play in Palm Beach in September!!

Take care of that knee buddy and don't push yourself too hard when you do have surgery. That knee has it's own schedule and I have learned this the hard way more than once. :beat-up:

Just got home from my day off. Eight hours is a day off, right? Didn't even clock in. Boy, am I stupid.

Take care of that knee buddy and don't push yourself too hard when you do have surgery. That knee has it's own schedule and I have learned this the hard way more than once. :beat-up:

I'll get the honest opinion of the Dr. But I'm thinking getting both done at the same time might be the best in the long run.

We originally were going to do the left in January then try and wait a year for the right. But the right had really taken a turn for the worst in the past two months.

I can play without injuring them according to him , it's just dealing with the pain after about 8 or 9 holes.

I'll get the honest opinion of the Dr. But I'm thinking getting both done at the same time might be the best in the long run.

We originally were going to do the left in January then try and wait a year for the right. But the right had really taken a turn for the worst in the past two months.

I can play without injuring them according to him , it's just dealing with the pain after about 8 or 9 holes.

yea they are already screwed up so what else can happen huh? I think mine has some infection or something in it thus the large amount of swelling. Maybe some fluid too however mine feels hard with pain instead of fluffy/soft with fluid. As much as I dread it I'm calling my ortho today for consultation. :beat-up:

I have seen people who have had double knee jobs and did well with the procedure. I just can't imagine going through that but they said it's not as bad as one would think. Heck I had a hard time just going to the bathroom and taking a shower with one replacement. Your knee will not bend well at all post surgery so sitting on a toilet is a job to say the least. Getting up is even more fun. :act-up: Little things you take for granted like walking up/down steps become quite the task etc.

yea they are already screwed up so what else can happen huh? I think mine has some infection or something in it thus the large amount of swelling. Maybe some fluid too however mine feels hard with pain instead of fluffy/soft with fluid. As much as I dread it I'm calling my ortho today for consultation. :beat-up:

I have seen people who have had double knee jobs and did well with the procedure. I just can't imagine going through that but they said it's not as bad as one would think. Heck I had a hard time just going to the bathroom and taking a shower with one replacement. Your knee will not bend well at all post surgery so sitting on a toilet is a job to say the least. Getting up is even more fun. :act-up: Little things you take for granted like walking up/down steps become quite the task etc.

Thanks OG. Insight like that is helpful. I know it will take a lot of planning for the recovery and need to coordinate my fiancés time off as well for those first couple weeks when I guess things will be hard to do. We had it all planned out in January and then things fell apart with the job situation.

But don't want to put the cart before the horse. We'll see how the appointment goes next week

Good luck on your recent setback. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Bruised ribs. Son of a! Been about a week. Haven't tried a full swing yet, so the short game and putting will be the focus for a few more days.

I feel for ya, man. I've had bruised ribs, broken ribs and shattered ribs. The worst thing is not being able to do anything about it. Don't rush it along, it'll only take one tiny wrong move and then it hurts to breathe again. I'll be sure to give you a swift pat on the back in Hilton Head to make sure you're all healed up.

A woman my wife works with had a baby a few weeks ago. She asked everyone in the office to donate sick time to her so she can stay home with the baby longer. Who does that? My wife is offended that she would even ask. I am just annoyed. People these days man. Geeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back