I would yes! Distance is my number one enemy in golf......I hate being a shorter hitter than most of my playing partners and would love to stop hitting a 5 iron when they are hitting an 7 or 8. Not that the number on the club matters and I am used to it now. But I'd like for at least a couple rounds to see what it would do to my scoring. I'd never say never.

Extra is a relative term. Going from $50 a dozen to $100 is a huge jump. Now if you told me it would gradually increase from $50 to $60 to $70 etc, then maybe the sticker shock wouldnt be so bad for most people.

You do realize the industry is heard this direction. People pay more for golf equipment every year. People by based on marketing and promises. Will there be some that don't pay the higher cost, sure. But most seruous weekend warriors will. It's the nature of the golf industry

You do realize the industry is heard this direction. People pay more for golf equipment every year. People by based on marketing and promises. Will there be some that don't pay the higher cost, sure. But most seruous weekend warriors will. It's the nature of the golf industry

I am simply responding to the question that was asked. If the price was $50 this year and went to $100 next year? I wouldnt buy it. But if the price went up every year and it got to the point where it was $100, it is easier to swallow.

I prob would to try them out maybe only use them for big rounds if they improved my game enough

I prob would to try them out maybe only use them for big rounds if they improved my game enough

Just dont use them on 18 at Rum Pointe...*splash* *Splash*

$100 Golf Balls

I won't buy Pro V1x (my favorite ball) because they're half that price. No way I even think about paying double

$100 a dozen would be a lot for me to swallow. I won't pay full retail for balls now. Most of the courses I play right now I'm hitting driver off the tee maybe 50% of the time so an extra 10 or 15 yards wouldn't change the game for me. The only time I could see myself springing for $100 for a dozen of balls would be if I were playing in a tournament on a very long course and wanted that extra distance.

Would I be curious? Yes. Would I fork over $100? Probably not. I have a hard time dropping $40 on a box of balls as I can turn them into a disappearing act in a matter of minutes. Double that price and I will spend more time on the course be worried about losing golf balls.

I don't think I could bring myself to pay $100 for golf balls. I'm just getting to the point of it not hurting me too much to pay $40/$45 for a dozen. Now I won't say NEVER, as I never thought I would be paying $100+ for dance shoes for my daughter. But for some reason I justify that more than I could for golf balls.

only way i would buy them is if it were some kind of secret decoder ring club that gave me 50 percent off my next dozen or had some variant of a lost ball warranty (not sure if that made sense but i have experienced a "crash warranty" on my mega dollar LIPO Batteries in my radio control hobby, so something similar would need to be offered on the balls)

no chance i would buy them new maybe used

I would probably have to buy some and give them a try. Would I buy them regularly, NO. BUT, I would definitely have to give them a run. If they did indeed turn out to be the best thing for my game, then I would only use them occasionally, big matches or events, but not for everyday rounds.

Okay, I have a question for the THPers out there. Most of us love our golf equipment. We love the game and the lifestyle. We spend endless amounts of time talking about honing our gear to match our games and get the most out of it.

Let's say you stumbled across a golf ball on the course with a brand you had never heard of, or maybe you had heard about them but did not even know they made golf balls. You got to play it for a couple of holes and you saw more distance and more spin than you have seen in the past.

Lets say you took that ball to a launch monitor and again saw more distance off the tee and ridiculous amount of spin greenside. Then you found out it was a new ball coming to market and it was $100 a dozen. Could you spring for it?

If I saw all the benefits that you describe, I would give them a shot. I could not continue to drop $100 per dozen, but I would be in for a dozen and compare against my current gamer.

Ye Gods, no. I can't be dumping $50 a round into the water or the woods on any sort of regular basis. As is, when it goes south I resort to my selection of found balls rather than slap another shiny new one into the bushes.

Nobody's defined "significant" gains, either. I find it difficult to imagine, under the current regulations, that there's any way to give me, oh, another 5%/10y on, say, my hybrid just with the ball. If it DID, I'm not consistent enough to make full use of it.

Would I horde every one I found and play them in competitions? Sure thing. But, like cars, I'm not absorbing the initial cost for new. At most, I could see buying a sleeve with Shop credit at some point.

I would be curious. I would certainly not pay 100 for a dozen of them. Maybe I'd so some search to find a sleeve somewhere just to see if it was a fluke or not.

If I....... No. No way would I spend that much on a dozen balls. ☺

Nope, not a chance. I lose them too often and already throw enough $ into the woods and water as it is.

JM

To echo what others have said:

- it would need to be 20 yards longer off each club

- it would have to last at least one round under normal playing conditions. Preferably two.

- hopefully accuracy is not negatively affected by increased spin.

Give me all of the above and I would most definitely purchase them.

The problem I have with that situation is that 'increased' spin will also mean 'increased side spin.' Assuming that, I wouldn't see an improvement in my game. It would be more difficult to control the ball, particularly in regards to slices and duck hooks.

However, if we assume that this is the end all super ball, giving me 10 extra yards on drives, and more stopping power on greens, AND no increase in sidespin then sure, maybe. I'm not sure it would improve my game at all at the current small rural course I play. But I'd try a sleeve out. It's not out of my price range in this crazy game. But I'm more likely to do what I do now with say, ProV1s. I never buy the current ProV1s. Current ProV1s cost $48. I always buy last years model of ProV1s, which this year was $40/dozen. I'd like to think this crazy new golf ball would also have 20% discount on previous year models.

~Rock

They could be 50 yards longer and I still wouldn't pay $100 for em. Not unless they were fitted with so e sort of tracking device that meant I could never lose them!

I would not. I lose balls much too often to be paying that much for a dozen of balls no matter the benefits. I won't even spend $45 now....

I buy them, just as soon as they started popping up on lostgolfballs.com. I've only bought one dozen new balls in the last year. I get all my balls recycled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back