JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From PF Changs to the local corner place, there are so many great options. What are your favorite dishes, go to dishes and from where?

PF Changs Mongolian Beef is the go to for me. We have a mom & pop around the corner from us that makes a great Kung pao chicken.

Vegetable lo mein and general tsos has always been a favorite, but I like a good orange chicken as well. Panda express has this sweet fire chicken that is excellent as well. I am a huge Chinese food fan

Go to is always General Tso's.
Love crab rangoon and lettuce wraps as well. Asian food is my favorite cuisine.

Some of my favorite places are PF's, Pei Wei and a new place in town called Hawkers. There is one in Orlando too.

I've always been a General Tso fan but lately I've been going with the boneless spare ribs. I would probably say my go to Chinese dish would be fried/steamed dumplings

There's two little places near me that I go to occasionally, Panda Express and Rainbow Heaven Lol. I always seem to get fried wontons or wonton soup and then usually some general tso chicken with rice combo (yes I said that with a Chinese accent)

I've always been a General Tso fan but lately I've been going with the boneless spare ribs. I would probably say my go to Chinese dish would be fried/steamed dumplings
Chicken dumplings are a big plus as well, so many good options

Oh man, I love Chinese food! I'll start off with nice spicy Singapore Mei Fun. Local joint does it pretty well.

Oh man I love some fried dumplings with combination fried rice and Szechuan shrimp.

My favorite is Panda Express, unfortunetly we do not have them in Canada. I first experienced them in So.Cal and since then we are inseparable. Love at first bite. They now have chicken bites with bacon, oh my its so good. The chicken has the smokey flavor as well which is unreal. Try it you have not already.

Last edited:
Moo Shu Pork is always my go-to. I tried it for the first time about 2 years ago, and have ordered it just about every time I eat Chinese food ever since.

Hot fish from of changes is good! I'm a big fan of peppered steak, mooshu pork with plum sauce from Willam Ho's in Milwaukee or toy's, also in Milwaukee.

My grandmother, may she rest in peace, works at Toy's when I was young lad. She of course ordered off the menu so I ate some outstanding dishes growing up. I have always loved it.

but recently there has been a rash of videos on FB showing rats being used as protein in some dishes. I won't eat any place I don't know.

The best chinese food I have ever had the priviledge of eating was prepared by my friend's father who owned a chinese restaurant. Sadly he retired and sold the restaurant 5 years ago. I haven't been back since their final night.

There's a small local place called Lee's China here, I love any of their Fried Rice or Lo Mein!!!

The best local place around me is a hole-in-the-wall place called Buffalo Wagon (I don't get the name either). I alternate between beef & broccoli; General Tso's Chicken; or shrimp lo mein. I'm also a big fan of sweet and sour soup, and crab rangoon, although I rarely get either.

My favorite dish is probably General Tsao's chicken. Sadly, I don't think there's any good Chinese food anywhere in my side of town (only been looking about 10 years).

Our favorite is Uncle Yu's in Lafayette, CA. They have another place in San Ramon and Livermore, but I've never eaten at either. We go to Uncle Yu's every time we go to the Bay Area to visit. I love the pot stickers and Broccoli and Beef. It's family style there, so we all eat a bit of everything.

Oh yes, the prawns. Huge and delicious.

My favorite is the Chinese buffet, I can never decide on just 1 thing!
No matter where I go I always get hot and sour soup.

My favorite is the Chinese buffet, I can never decide on just 1 thing!
No matter where I go I always get hot and sour soup.

The buffet is my personal preference normally. Too much stuff I don't know what it is!

Couple good Chinese buffets here as well. Love beef and broccoli, sweet and sour pork. Like GG said MooShoo Pork is awesome.

Also I have the frozen Tei Pei meals at least once a week for lunch. Chicken Chow Mein is my favorite of those.

General Tso's and/or Chicken and Broccoli!

There is a place near us called Yang Ming that was voted best Chinese restaurant in the country by some publication. It's pretty good, but a little dressed up for my taste. Sang Kee, which is also near us, I like better and although everything there is pretty good, I'm partial to the Chow Fun.

I never met a Chinese buffet I didn't like.

Aloha in Manchester, NH Best chicken wings around. Poo Poo for 2, pork fried rice, crab rangoon, beef & broccoli, veg cop suey and a scorpion bowl or 2.

now that I am dieting, this is but a dream.

Chinese spare ribs ... my favorite by far.

As for specific places ... Shanghai Manor in Chinatown, NYC.

General Tso's Chicken, Fried Dumplings or Moo-Shu Pork are my favorites. Haven't found a good Chinese restaurant in Indy yet and I need to find one.

Back