Tiger Woods Next Major Win

I have wondered this EXACT same thing. At what point do the frustrations and questions do their damage and he just says "enough".

I don't see him hanging it up any time soon. Obviously health would be the most mitigating factor in determining his longevity moving forward. As for will he win any more majors, I believe he still has plenty of potential for multiple wins. Potential being the key word. We all know that Tiger can come out of nowhere and just string 4 rounds of fantastic golf to win. With his recent injuries, swing adjustment, etc., those types of rounds have been too few and far between.

I think most of people saying he will hang it up soon just like to see things burn. He is 100% motivated to break Jacks record. Will he do? not as likely as it was a few years ago. But is it possible? of course it is. Look at guys who are winning and competing in their 50's and 40's. Stricker, Cabrera, Mickleson, even Freddie still contends, hell even Watson a few years ago. If anyone can do it will be Tiger and I am pretty sure every one of us will be there watching as he does it *or doesnt, but it will be fun to watch non the less.

I don't really care whether he wins another one or not, but my guess would be that his best chance at a last hurrah would be a Masters in 2015.

Senior PGA Championship 2026.

Completely agree with Jay, I think that Tiger may contend at the 2015 Masters, but he will not have enough high caliber (majors) rounds under his belt to feel comfortable enough with new swing/game to win. St Andrews is a course where he has a lot of success and he can hit irons off a lot of tees.

No way he wins any this year. Watch out for 2016 Masters.

I don't think we will see another Tiger Major win until next years Open Championship. Why? It will be more than a full year removed from his back operation. Plus, it's back at St. Andrews in 2015, and he seems to always play well there.

I think he's done, as per major wins. His injuries have been consistent and progressive, signs of a body breaking down. I could certainly see him coming close just on sheer talent and will but I don't see him winning.

Although not a fan, I'd hope he could mount a challenge to Jack's record. It would be great for the game and a whole buncha' fun to watch.

I think he's done. His major championship putting is gone. Don't think he gets that back even if (and it's a big if) he stays healthy otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You think he plays better at St Andrews then Augusta National?

Let's just he is half as good as he was from 2000 - 2008. A half as good Tiger is better than 90% of the field. If he plays his B game in relation to his dominate years, for the next 10 years, he will break Jack's record.
I don't think we will see another Tiger Major win until next years Open Championship. Why? It will be more than a full year removed from his back operation. Plus, it's back at St. Andrews in 2015, and he seems to always play well there.

I am not sure he wins another major....he is not the same Tiger....keeping it together for 4 rounds under Major Pressure is going to be tough.

If he does win another I will say the 2015 Open at St Andrews....He has won twice there so there will be lots of positive thoughts

2015 Masters. In fact, I think he wins two majors next year. Masters and Open.

I still think he has a 24 month hot streak in him where he could win 3 majors and a bunch of lesser tourney's. I'm expecting contention and a Sunday charge win at the 2015 Masters.

Tiger Woods Next Major Win

You think he plays better at St Andrews then Augusta National?

Let's just he is half as good as he was from 2000 - 2008. A half as good Tiger is better than 90% of the field. If he plays his B game in relation to his dominate years, for the next 10 years, he will break Jack's record.

I do think he has played better at St. Andrews and is now better suited for it versus Augusta.

He hasn't won there since what 2005? And I think making assumptions he can be healthy enough for the next 10 years to be half as good as he was from 2000 to 2008 is a big stretch. Half as good? So you think he could win 5 majors in the next 10 years. I certainly don't see it.

But I could see him contending at St. Andrews twice in the next 6 years.

Last edited:
People seem to forget that Tiger was arguably the best golfer on tour last season. So many judge his success season to season based on majors. That shows just how high expectations of him really are. I understand he had back surgery but we are talking about Tiger Woods. I'm sure the STAFF that is getting him through this surgery are some of the best in the world. I would be absolutely shocked if he didn't win another major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People seem to forget that Tiger was arguably the best golfer on tour last season. So many judge his success season to season based on majors. That shows just how high expectations of him really are. I understand he had back surgery but we are talking about Tiger Woods. I'm sure the STAFF that is getting him through this surgery are some of the best in the world. I would be absolutely shocked if he didn't win another major.

No doubt he was the best player in tour last year, even with no majors.

And I know it may sound like In contradicting that statement, but he just hasn't been the same Tiger on weekends at the Majors.

In my mind there has to be something to that other than just injury. Mental or putting woes have detailed him several times.

All that said. I really do hope he wins another major or two, as I feel the sport is better when he's winning. But I think it's closer to a long shot, than sure thing.

No doubt he was the best player in tour last year, even with no majors.

And I know it may sound like In contradicting that statement, but he just hasn't been the same Tiger on weekends at the Majors.

In my mind there has to be something to that other than just injury. Mental or putting woes have detailed him several times.

All that said. I really do hope he wins another major or two, as I feel the sport is better when he's winning. But I think it's closer to a long shot, than sure thing.

I would agree with that. That pressure would certainly get to me and there is a good chance it has gotten to him now. I wonder if he wins another one soon if that will open the flood gates so to speak and we see another run out of him.

I think next year's Master is when Tiger will get his next Major victory. The course has always set up nice for him and I think after the surgery he should be ready to go. I don't see him doing well at the British Open in a few weeks.

He's done. Too many other good players who don't fear him.

So much of winning is attitude. I'm sure Tiger will win more. Beating the record will be tough. I hope he remains competitive for years so it is at least possible. It's a great storyline, enjoyable and good for the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Augusta National, 2016 Masters. This is also about a year after he dumps Foley because clearly this swing ain't working.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Augusta National, 2016 Masters. This is also about a year after he dumps Foley because clearly this swing ain't working.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Clearly. He only won five times last year. Hurt.

2015 Open championship.

He will not win another major until he is elligable for the senior open.

Going with next year's U.S. Open. Will be the first time he'll have played for close to 12 months without major injury. Could contend in the Masters, keep that rolling.

Back