The Disney World Thread

Waiting for the day they get rid of Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios and change it to a World of Color variant.

Too small a set to do it. Think about how big that lake is at California Adventure vs DHS. Think about how many people watch it vs Fantasmic. Your better bet would be Epcot or Animal Kingdom.

Too small a set to do it. Think about how big that lake is at California Adventure vs DHS. Think about how many people watch it vs Fantasmic. Your better bet would be Epcot or Animal Kingdom.

Wouldn't be surprised to see something at DAK because they still have a TON of real estate. Between DAK and DHS, I predict a LOT of bulldozers in the future.

The Grand Californian is amazing. We have a DVC membership there. Make sure to take advantage of the private access to California Adventure and you can get World of Color Fastpasses an hour before opening.

We've done the Grand Floridian 3 times and loved it, pleasantly surprised when we did a stay at the Grand Californian this past March - it's the only way to go.

I dig the Grand Californian, but the Disneyland Hotel has an allure for us. There's a lot of history there, and we spent our honeymoon there, so that's usually where we go on our west coast trips.

Can anyone remember a 450 minute wait for an attraction? Seems Diagon Alley's Gringotts ride across the street at Universal was rocking that one for a while. Absolutely insane.

Can anyone remember a 450 minute wait for an attraction? Seems Diagon Alley's Gringotts ride across the street at Universal was rocking that one for a while. Absolutely insane.
Anyone that waits that long is a moron..I'm sorry nothing is worth 7.5 hours in line. Except black Friday deals lol

Makes me feel a lot better about getting in there when I did. Granted the ride itself wasn't open. But I saw this morning where there was a 3 hour line just to get in the Alley.

That's nutso.

Crazy. Jenn would make me wait for it haha

The Disney World Thread

Saw it on twitter and laughed. Never in a million years would I wait 7.5hrs for that. That's beyond ridiculous.

adu8e7a9.jpg

Saw it on twitter and laughed. Never in a million years would I wait 7.5hrs for that. That's beyond ridiculous.

adu8e7a9.jpg
Even if it was a ride on Tiger's back?

adu8e7a9.jpg
All I see are $$$.

Rest of parks weren't too bad. Funny thing is the Potter devotees don't seem to mind waiting in line. Very orderly. They did it when each book went on sale, then again when each movie hit the screen, and now when each section in the parks opened.

Anyone that waits that long is a moron..I'm sorry nothing is worth 7.5 hours in line. Except black Friday deals lol

Seriously, that's almost your full day at the park for one attraction.

I'd pay $100 for a dozen golf balls before I did that :)

Seriously, that's almost your full day at the park for one attraction.

I'd pay $100 for a dozen golf balls before I did that :)
A lot of those folks in line are only coming for the "experience" of being there and riding the attraction on "opening day". Quite a few annual pass holders in that line. Should be much less wait time tomorrow and rest of peak summer. Probably average around 2 hour wait. Still a long time. I wouldn't do it but I'm certainly glad some will.

A lot of those folks in line are only coming for the "experience" of being there and riding the attraction on "opening day". Quite a few annual pass holders in that line. Should be much less wait time tomorrow and rest of peak summer. Probably average around 2 hour wait. Still a long time. I wouldn't do it but I'm certainly glad some will.
Are for less lines elsewhere I'm sure.

I already saw the rest of Diagon Alley. It's pretty awesome, but I'll wait till the passholder preview times to go on the main ride. There's a ton to see all over the area it's easy to keep yourself busy without a 7hr wait.

Anyone have advice on what to make sure I see at Epcott with my dad? I have been there, but it was a long time ago. I just want to make sure we get the most out of the trip.

I already saw the rest of Diagon Alley. It's pretty awesome, but I'll wait till the passholder preview times to go on the main ride. There's a ton to see all over the area it's easy to keep yourself busy without a 7hr wait.
Did you get to do the Hogwarts Express yet?

I have family coming in this weekend from Kansas. They want to do Disney. I am hoping all the people are over at Universal.

The Frozen meet and greet was a 300 minute wait at 9am. Crazy. We saw Cinderella in 20 minutes.

Anyone have advice on what to make sure I see at Epcott with my dad? I have been there, but it was a long time ago. I just want to make sure we get the most out of the trip.

All of the countries. The American Adventure is a must-see and a few of the countries have some great videos. France's is old but nice and you can sit down. China and Canada are new and updated but you stand.

Scope out the restaurants ahead of time and pick at least one for a nice sit down meal. Monsieur Paul in France is quite nice. Mexico has La Cava de Tequila if you like the hard stuff.

In future world don't miss Spaceship Earth, Soarin', and Test Track (if you can handle speed/motion) at least.

Did you get to do the Hogwarts Express yet?

Yep, even drank on the train because you can do that and I can say I have haha

The Frozen meet and greet was a 300 minute wait at 9am. Crazy. We saw Cinderella in 20 minutes.

Have never done that other than a fastpass. Can't do it waiting

Back