The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Myself and most of my friends were on the jersey burning bandwagon when he left. You can ask anyone of us today and if he came back and brought our first championship to Cleveland since 1964 we wouldn't even remember that he left. We have more dramatic failures than any other sports town on the planet. Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot, 95 world series, Jose Mesa in '97, and the NBA finals sweep by the Spurs in '07. I have lived through all of those since "the drive" and wouldn't care how sacrilegious it was to welcome Lebron back if he brought a championship with him.

If Bosh gets the Max in Houston, LBJ goes to the Cavs...DWade is going to be pissed he opted out, could have stayed for close to 20 mil no way he gets close to that now

It's all on Parsons now though. I'm sure he doesn't want to see his recruitment of Howard be all for naught, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him wait to sign the offer sheet for a bit. I really think he wants to play in Houston if he is getting paid the same in either place.

That's the only hope I have is he helped get Howard here and we are set up better than Dallas to make a run. I just hope the agent or someone else doesn't get in his ear and he sign the sheet immediately.

Cavs fans

nyqemute.jpg

Breaking News:

Pat Riley is working with the mayor of Miami to rename the city "Akron"

I've been out of town, so I'm missing out on a lot of teeth-gnashing & ranting I'm sure.

Mostly just waiting for this:

The Decision: Part Two
blog_lucy_football.jpg

Jazz are matching Hayward's offer from Charlotte, per Woj. Still overpaid, but Utah has the cap room, so why not?

Jazz are matching Hayward's offer from Charlotte, per Woj. Still overpaid, but Utah has the cap room, so why not?

I dont like the move. While the cap room is there, it wont be in the future now. So many times we see these good players get too much money and then watch teams scramble to dump the contract in years to come. Very few players that get max deal as good players, end up being great players, which in my opinion is what the max deal is for.

Because they'll regret it in a couple years when real max talent is available and his contract is untradeable. Utah's mistake was not compromising last season in negotiations. They just cost themselves a boat load of money and cap room long term. Recent history shows that it's better to lock up your RFAs early. (Stephen Curry, Jrue Holliday).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This was pretty funny.

24a781aa91e44deac68e53135fd2fb8678d4d9737c9b1c899af6686922dbea3d_large

thats great

"Big Nike's for tall man" HAHAHA

Hahaha. That was well done. And possibly true.

Rondo to Houston talks just started happening again.
Please Please Please Please get rid of him.

Rondo to Houston talks just started happening again.
Please Please Please Please get rid of him.

Who would hou give up? Would that mean no Bosh (if Parsons comes back)?

LIN!!! It would mean no Bosh period, unless Houston signs Bosh before making another move.

From local paper

Chris Sheridan is sticking to his story that LeBron's decision is made -- and it's Cleveland. On his site, sheridanhoops.com, he writes,
James met with Miami Heat president Pat Riley on Wednesday in Las Vegas to deliver the news, and Riley did his best to try to get James to reconsider, comparing the stability of the Heat organization to the relative instability of the Cavs, who have a meddling owner and have changed general managers and coaches several times in the past few years, according to a source who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Man gasol and Duncan for the Spurs would be a sick combo. Sounds like it's down to them and bulls

10407912_10152610334486495_6488800428320274536_n.jpg

it's a done deal now :laughing:

LIN!!! It would mean no Bosh period, unless Houston signs Bosh before making another move.

Based on what was just on the radio, it would be Rondo after Bosh and of course Lin would be gone to the Sixers. According to this, the Lin deal to Philly is already done if they want it to be.

Based on what was just on the radio, it would be Rondo after Bosh and of course Lin would be gone to the Sixers. According to this, the Lin deal to Philly is already done if they want it to be.

Thank you Sam Hinkie!

Man gasol and Duncan for the Spurs would be a sick combo. Sounds like it's down to them and bulls
Good for Gasol. The Lakers effed with him so many times these past few years.

The way the cap works, if Houston does anything at all before signing Bosh, they cannot get Bosh.

Rondo would take up too much cap space, they can't get around that.

The only reason the Rockets could sign Bosh to max offer and keep Parsons is because Parsons is a restricted free agent and the Rockets can go over cap without paying luxury tax to sign him. However, it is based on sequence of events, so they cannot sign Parsons, then Bosh, and claim that it was Parsons, not Bosh, that put them over cap.

i cannot believe anyone would give Bosh big $$, he is a 7' PF who prefers to be a shooting gaurd

Back