The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

^^^^oh for sure! They will be playing that tune a lot

Is PhillyV already wearing this?

u9uma5y7.jpg

Will Cav fans still wear it if he stays put?

I couldn't care less where LeBron ends up. My meager interest in the NBA won't change either way, but I like to see the best succeed wherever they are. What I do find extraordinarily interesting is the fact that even teams not directly involved with LeBron are having to wait on the LeBron domino to drop before most other (at least semi-big) free agents will decide what they are doing. I know NBA rosters are smaller, thus one player is a bigger piece, but I can't really remember another scenario across sports where it seems like the whole market is being held up by one individual.

I couldn't care less where LeBron ends up. My meager interest in the NBA won't change either way, but I like to see the best succeed wherever they are. What I do find extraordinarily interesting is the fact that even teams not directly involved with LeBron are having to wait on the LeBron domino to drop before most other (at least semi-big) free agents will decide what they are doing. I know NBA rosters are smaller, thus one player is a bigger piece, but I can't really remember another scenario across sports where it seems like the whole market is being held up by one individual.

yeah its been a strange one thats for sure.

Guys have been able to sign deals for the last 13 hours and yet its pretty darn quiet. I imagine once Lebron makes his announcement the floodgates will open

Lebron's camp has contacted local authorities who will be beefing up security around his house for an announcement tonight.

1:55 p.m.: James' announcement could be coming tonight. Phil Trexler of Akron Beacon Journal is saying police have been informed to get ready for something around James' home.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/07/nba_free_agency_day_10_follow.html#incart_2box

Article spins it in a positive note, hopefully not the 2010 version

Lebron's camp has contacted local authorities who will be beefing up security around his house for an announcement tonight.

1:55 p.m.: James' announcement could be coming tonight. Phil Trexler of Akron Beacon Journal is saying police have been informed to get ready for something around James' home.
I can't imagine that happening for his announcement to stay in Miami. Think he's likely leaving

I can't imagine that happening for his announcement to stay in Miami. Think he's likely leaving
Wonder if the plan was to come back to akron and do it then head to brazil? Sounds like that has changed as he is still in vegas and allegedly heading to Brazil from there

I wonder if Johnny Manziel will throw a party for him.
Think of the amazingness that could occur with Johnny Football, Bieber, LBJ and of course Philly V.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/07/nba_free_agency_day_10_follow.html#incart_2box

Article spins it in a positive note, hopefully not the 2010 version

uh oh the Big 3 LBJ/Wade/Bosh decide to come back to Miami and become the most hated Big 3 surpassing the 2010 big 3 of LBJ/Bosh/Wade

I don't know how to think of beefing up security... Could be beefing it up so that they dont blow up his house... or could be beefing up to control the celebration!

Think of the amazingness that could occur with Johnny Football, Bieber, LBJ and of course Philly V.

Over/Under for amount of time it takes Manziel to throw on a Lebron Cavs jersey?

Dont forget David "Hot Pants" Winchell

I don't know how to think of beefing up security... Could be beefing it up so that they dont blow up his house... or could be beefing up to control the celebration!

Hopefully it is not wood framed. Jersey fires are up there with spreadable issues.

That's what someone asked in the article and he replied with something like more of a celebratory event unlike 2010 or something like that. I'm away from my desk for exact quote

That's what someone asked in the article and he replied with something like more of a celebratory event unlike 2010 or something like that. I'm away from my desk for exact quote

Yea, I saw that. I would imagine a Cleveland reporter would always spin it positive.

Yea, I saw that. I would imagine a Cleveland reporter would always spin it positive.
Since I'm guessing he didn't field the call I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's what he is being told from someone at the police dept

I take back everything I said yesterday. This is just silly. I hope he announces it soon.

That's an amazing foursome right there!

I spoke with all of my sources and they said it's immanent. Lebron will definitely be a Cav again. #BookIt

Spoiler
edit: I'm joking, I don't know anyone.

Last edited:
LBJ done deal to cleveland..been saying it for 3 days. if he wasnt going back he or his inside people would have squashed the media speculation. they let it get to this point why would he do that to cleveland twice. so he could be hated more?

Still hoping for Gilbert to get screwed over!!!

4YOj1Or.gif

LBJ done deal to cleveland..been saying it for 3 days. if he wasnt going back he or his inside people would have squashed the media speculation. they let it get to this point why would he do that to cleveland twice. so he could be hated more?

Haven't you heard the old saying... if he does it once, he will do it again.

3:30 announcement from LeBron. It's make or break for the Cavs.

Back