JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Im sure we have other pizza threads for all types, but this one is for the specific deep dish styles. I am equal opportunity on pizza and love some good deep dish. Some great places all over the country.

Favorite Deep Dish?

I have never had really good deep dish. That needs to change.

Geno's in Chicago.

You guys should try and make it there when your at the Wilson event.

None other than a certain restaurant in Chicago that will be visited by THP during the Wilson event (Lou Malnatti's).

• Admin
Geno's in Chicago.

You guys should try and make it there when your at the Wilson event.

Been there many times. Solid. Not my favorite there, but solid.

Chicago Pizza in Surfside Beach, SC. They make some awesome wings also. It is my one must eat at place every time we visit the Grand Strand.

I am a NY style pizza person. There is a place locally called Joey D's that has good deep dish pizza, in fact it's the only deep dish pizza I have liked. I normally don't care for the sweeter crust, and overly acidic tomato-y sauce.

There is no better Pizza out there than Beau Jo's pizza in Colorado.

Been there many times. Solid. Not my favorite there, but solid.

Cool. Man I wish I could next there to try the ones that are better.

I would never pick it over a good NY style pie, but as a change of pace, a Giordano's pie is pretty tasty Chicago treat.

I am a NY style pizza person. There is a place locally called Joey D's that has good deep dish pizza, in fact it's the only deep dish pizza I have liked. I normally don't care for the sweeter crust, and overly acidic tomato-y sauce.

I love NY style as well. You guys may find out in this thread that, if it's called Pizza, I probably like it.

I love NY style as well. You guys may find out in this thread that, if it's called Pizza, I probably like it.

I am with you there buddy!

I'm definitely a NY style pizza guy, and don't have much to offer in the deep dish variety, but locally, Sapienza's in downtown Albany does a good one.

While I prefer thin crust, Jacksonville has a small chain of restaurants called Chicago Pizza. They import their water from Chi Town for the dough. It is pretty good but not much to base it off of. Very hearty, sauce on top.

Im not sure I've ever had real deep dish pizza which is a shame because I bet it's awesome. As a NYer I'm partial to the style and this place called Aniello's in Corning NY makes killer pizza

I would never pick it over a good NY style pie, but as a change of pace, a Giordano's pie is pretty tasty Chicago treat.

Giordanos is solid. One of my favorites and fortunate enough to have a few down here.

Oh so many choices. Giordano's has been a slight favorite of mine over Lou's. Geno's is good too. Rosati's also has really solid pizza. Unfortunately all Rosati's are different. Fortunately the closest one to me is the best I've had of theirs.

We had a giodannos here for a while, never was my favorite. We have a local place Olde Town Pizzeria that has a pretty good deep dish, still prefer thin crust though.

Chicago Pizza is where it's at!
Gino's East, Lou Malnati's (I asked my father-in-law if I could marry his daughter over a deep dish at Lou's), Giordano's, Pizzeria Uno, all different, all great. Lou Mlanati is my personal favorite though.

I also had some from one of the famous places while in Chicago, but I can't remember which.

Love me some deep dish. Every time I go to our Joliet DC I make sure to get a pie from Fat Ricky's over in Shorewood. I need to try some from other places.

Back