Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Forged Irons Preview

Honestly just like with the last version I think the price killed these. I quite liked the last version but no way was I spending that on them.

Also a reason I don't have apex irons.

Lol. JB himself played the old ones and nobody bought them either. The reason? Nobody wants to pay 1k for nike irons.

Hence the reason the old ones are so much more attractive now. They aren't freaking one thousand dollar Nike irons that will be worth nothing next week.

My thoughts exactly. I actually really liked these, but I'll get a set for a couple hundred in a few months.

Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Forged Irons Preview

Are you talking about the Covert irons, or the VRS Forged (which I'd consider the predecessor to these) - I actually liked the look of the VRS Forged a bit more, but can't put my finger on why. I know some people had issues with the fact that you could see the sole in the 4i, but that didn't particularly bother me.

Sorry. I did mean the vrs forged

And I think you're bang on about the price, Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry. I did mean the vrs forged

And I think you're bang on about the price, Ryan.

Thanks for clarifying. Wasn't sure, since the original Covert irons were a new sort of ugly (in the bag, they actually looked pretty nice at address).

.....that will be worth nothing next week.

Kind of like a taylormade driver? :alien:

Lmao. I guess, but not exactly the same. The point is that our staff not being impressed (aka me) has nothing to do with the lack of interest. Plenty of thing I've been massively interested in that nobody gives a sh!t about. But I digress.

Lol. JB himself played the old ones and nobody bought them either. The reason? Nobody wants to pay 1k for nike irons.

Honestly, I dont want to pay 1k for any irons.

Lmao. I guess, but not exactly the same. The point is that our staff not being impressed (aka me) has nothing to do with the lack of interest. Plenty of thing I've been massively interested in that nobody gives a sh!t about. But I digress.

Bobby Jones Fairways are selling like crazy

You also didn't get nippon 950's with a d0 swing weight.

Me either but I just paid Double that for irons no one has ever heard of.

I have two Uncles that play that brand.

You also didn't get nippon 950's with a d0 swing weight.

I had the swingweight checked on my GW and it came in at C8 or something absurd.

Just sold mine, originally had the VRS Forged and thought it would be a great upgrade, could not get on with the covert forged at all, I tried and tried, I had them from day 1 of release, I'm now the owner of a set of Mizuno EZ and these must be the longest easiest to hit and most forgiving club on the market, if you don't mind bigger heads and offset give them a go, doesn't worry me having SGI irons off my handicapp (7)..

I just hit these on a whim. Looks meh, but a great feel.

8 iron
79-83 mph swing speed
159-164 carry
5700-6300 back spin
21-24 degrees launch.

Numbers were on a flight scope at Golf Town.

Is anyone gaming these and can talk distances? I don't have a LM easily available and my range only has mats.

My whole life my 150 yard club has been a 7i. Today I put these in play for the second time, and on a par 3 plugged a 7i in a bunker 170 yards out into the wind, no roll. OK fine they're long. Next hole, 180 to the center, pull a 6i...and come up short of the green. So both 6 and 7 are 170 yard clubs now? Then 120 yard par 3 and a PW comes up 20 yards short.

I'm not discounting user error here, but the consistency in yardage isn't really there for me, yet.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

FWIW I think driver ss is in the 95-100 range and I'm playing the stock NS Pro stiff shafts.

What irons were you coming from?
As for consistencies, I used these for about a month and didnt see the issues that large. While they were not for me, could it be clean contact?

Probably? Might be that they don't communicate mis hits as well as expected. I had been playing CB2 forged, which were too much club for me, but certainly felt different on misses.

Is anyone gaming these and can talk distances? I don't have a LM easily available and my range only has mats.

My whole life my 150 yard club has been a 7i. Today I put these in play for the second time, and on a par 3 plugged a 7i in a bunker 170 yards out into the wind, no roll. OK fine they're long. Next hole, 180 to the center, pull a 6i...and come up short of the green. So both 6 and 7 are 170 yard clubs now? Then 120 yard par 3 and a PW comes up 20 yards short.

I'm not discounting user error here, but the consistency in yardage isn't really there for me, yet.

I just went from Mizuno MX-200 to the Covert 2.0 Forged. Same distance as you. With the MX-200, I hit my 7i 150 yards. With the Nike's, I picked up about one club length all across the board. I hit the Nike's higher so wind might have more affect on ball flight.

Back