The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get out for a couple buckets yesterday afternoon and struggled a bit getting comfortable in my stance. It's amazing how this game changes from one day to another.

Got out early this morning for a brief putting practice session before the storms rolled in. Was sweet while it lasted. Can't wait to get back home from vacation to swing the clubs.

Hit a large bucket, driver was doing well so I put it away and worked on teed up fairway woods for a bit, then moved to irons. I switched up every 3 balls, jumping around the bag. 4i was terrible today, but everything from 7i and up had nice trajectory and were landing in the general area I was going for.

On the down side... I was at a range that doesn't have a true designated grass area, but everyone hits off to the side. My 6i found a rock in the ground. Not too happy about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had another great range session tonight. Used the shaft kc720 gave me and holy cow did it match good with the alpha. Thanks again Kang you are awesome :)

Just finished up a productive session. Worked on accuracy with the wedges through 9i; then moved through the bag before spending some quality time with the driver. I wasn't accelerating the club head enough through the impact zone and I had some trouble at first. Cranked up some speed after the ball and better driving followed. Weird game.

The THP Range/Practice Thread

Spent just over an our on the putting green with the putter and working in my wedge game.

With wedges I used three balls and hit three different shots at every hole, ball back, ball middle and ball front which have me different flights and releases.

I made a couple from back in the stance and my miss was a couple feet past the hole. My miss with the ball middle and front was about 2ft short of the hole which is acceptable to me as a whole.

Putter was working on stroke and keeping my wrists still and hitting the ball with the back of the left hand. I had gotten handsy the last round so I need to work on getting rid of that.

Edit- because the 9th hole is right by the club house and the course was empty I went out and hit balls from around the green at the pin and used both my 56 & 60 for different flights and releases using the front/back/middle positions for the ball. The front pin placement made it a tough shot as the pin was 4paces on.

Lesson 10 tonight.
Started with irons. Hut the ball pretty well. The times I didn't was when I was all arm swinging and not turning my body. Outside of that the other few misses were me coming up out of the swing early.

Went through the bag and hit everything. Common theme was the same ad with irons. Just gotta get through the ball. Oddly enough the best club in hit was when he tossed me his taylormade mb 8 iron and watched me hit 3 flush shots in a row.

Then spent some time on the driver. Told him I was lacking distance and balls just dropping out of the air. Worked on setup and resolving the same issues as with other clubs. Everything was playable but lacking distance. By the end of the session I was hitting it a little better. But now I know the issue I'm going to spend some time fixing it.

I ran over and worked on chipping. It's unreal how much my short gsme has evolved. Chipped a few in and was close more times than not...a great feeling.

Wanted to tinker with putting stance again tonight. Dropped 5 balls 8 feet away with a nice right to left break. Proceeded to make all 5 so I left. The change is a no brainer despite the odd look.

Lesson next week will be sand game and the week after a playing lesson before the MC.

441 with a wedge game! Lessons ftw! Sounds like you worked out some kinks, awesome bro

441 with a wedge game! Lessons ftw! Sounds like you worked out some kinks, awesome bro
Yes sir. The short game had been all on my own but a grip change had helped. Just gotta keep head clear and take it to the course.

Wait....does that mean chutting is extinct? NOOOOOO

Good stuff 441.

Nice stuff, Mike. Keep up the good work.

Wait....does that mean chutting is extinct? NOOOOOO

Good stuff 441.
Well never say never. Just maybe not from sooooo far from the greens

Yes sir. The short game had been all on my own but a grip change had helped. Just gotta keep head clear and take it to the course.

Sounds like we need a revisit to the Caledonia short game area.

Ultimate flops ftw

Can I join in?

Whoooooooooooo!

Seriously though Mike, proud of the dedication to the lessons and practice dude, its freaking awesome to see.
Thanks dude I appreciate it. Most lessons and range sessions I've ever taken. As I said I would in my awful #JourneyToBetter video.

Seeing my teammates play some amazing golf lately has fueled the drive even more

Went to the range tonight and worked on a number of clubs. Overall I'm hitting way more great shots than I am bad shots, and as my swing gets more ingrained, things just keep getting better and better. My miss is still a fade/slice, sometimes with a pull and sometimes not.

Putting the two new SeeMore's through the paces today on lunch.

Big FGP 36" counter balanced vs. SB2c.

Not much time left to prepare. Time is ticking #THPMC

Do work Christian!

Not much time left to prepare. Time is ticking #THPMC

I like it pal. I'm thinking of forgoing my normal Friday night round tonight for some range time instead. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back