Changing Bags - How Often

I change bags about once a year, or I should say I acquire a new one once a year the rotate in an out.

My THP Staff stand bag has been locking down the bag spot for quite some time though

Changing Bags - How Often

I have owned one bag, my Oklahoma stand bag. I haven't thought of changing it. I do wish however it would fit in a cart better.

I will swap it out when it gets too worn down, but it's in great condition and I have only been playing for a year, so I assume it still has some legs on it.

I've had the same bag for about 10 years. All the zippers are in tact (knock on wood) and is the perfect size for my needs so I don't see any need to change. The colors are a little faded, but it doesn't bother me. I guess if I had the money for a new one I'd probably get one just to have something new and fresh, but since I don't I'll just keep plugging along with this one.

I dont change nearly as often. Unless there is something functionally wrong with the bag (rips, tears, holes or a broken zipper), I dont make a change.

I usually stick with one bag for a long period of time. I'll try a few because I think it will work better but I always come back to a nice stand bag. Pretty sure my #Grandaddy stand bag will be in play for a long time. Such a solid bag with lots of great memories tied to it.

I have been using the same bag since late last year. It's not my favorite but I have a hard time justifying the purchase of a new bag when my current bag isn't broken. If I could trade in my bag for shop credit I probably would for the option to try something else.

Don't change too often. Last new bag was about 3 years ago when my previous bag was in too rough shape to continue using.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I've had the same Callaway Warbird stand bag since 2008 or so, and it's just now starting to run out of steam in terms of the legs effectively holding the bag up. While I'm getting a new bag in a couple of weeks, it doesn't really suit my purposes on a round to round basis (that is to say, it's not a stand bag and it's too pretty for ordinary use). So I'm finally in the market for a new one.

To be honest, some of my reluctance is that I really like the 8-slot organization system. It looks nice, it's super-orderly for my setup (1 slot for driver, fairway wood, 1 each for two hybrids, three irons/wedges per, and a putter well), but it's fallen out of favor and is hard to find anymore. I know that seems like a really petty thing to be bothered by, but it is something I think about when I shop for bags.

I have had the same Acuity bag from Dicks for about 10 years or so. I'm in the market, but I have never had a named bag. THis needs to change. Cart bags are fine with me I never walk anymore.

When I switched to Cleveland irons I bought a Cleveland stand bag, but my Callaway stand bag had some ripped pockets so it was time for a switch anyways. I was using a staff bag but it was getting heavy with all the crap I would carry in it.

I changed my bag last summer, and prior to that I had my Oakley stand bag for just over 10 years.

Now let me first off say, this is not about the contents of the bag, but the actual bag itself. For quite some time I used the same Srixon Shark Bag because it was a gift from THPers. Last year I switched to #TheGrandaddy stand bag, because with all of the travel, the stand bag made more sense and my one off THP stand bag was in rough shape.

Since that time a few more have come and they are quite nice, but I have not really thought about making a change. Do you change your bag as often as your clubs? More? Less? What makes you change?

I think it's been a bag per year for me. When I find something I like from a brand I want to support, I'll game it proudly. That said, with 100+ rounds and many range sessions, unfortunately they get worn down over time and a change is necessary.

Unless I end up winning a bag (whether that be participating in a Morgan Cup style event) I can't see me changing my bag for a long time. I bought my current bag nearly 2 years ago and it will more than likely suit my needs for the forseeable future

As much as I would like some of the bags that are around at the moment, I couldn't justify the expense (and I am not sure where I could keep it without Jen seeing it and wondering why it is there when I have a perfectly good bag to use already.....)

Bag change comes about every 2 years for me. May change now that I have stopped carrying and change become less frequent. I would only change my lightweight carry bags when the straps broke or wore out.

Bag changes when it wears out. If the zippers go or the bottom comes out. Other than that, I don't seem to feel any need to change the bag, as nice as some of them look.

I don't change bags all that often. Not sure why because there are always a lot of them that I like, but probably because I walk a lot and once I find a bag that I enjoy walking with, it's tough to move to something else. One of the legs on my current bag is slightly bent though, so I've been keeping my eyes open for a new one.

Not often at all, I have had the same Ping bag for around 15 years

I rolled with the same Gen 1 Ping Hoofer bag till early 11, then went with an Ogio bag for the 11 season, and replaced it with my Bridgestone Staff stand bag in early 12 and have no plans to change it anytime soon. I will roll with the staffer from time to time at THP events, but thats about it.

I have 2 Sun Mountain bags (a four 5 and a C130 cart). Both are great bags and have hundreds of rounds on them. I have been playing since I was 13 and had a Sun Mountain bag from then until I was 28. Then I bought another one, Got 10 out of that one. I have had these for a couple of seasons. They make a great product and I love the way they work.

Once it looks old and outdated it gets the boot. Since joining this site I have been more and more interested in changing out everything at a much faster rate so a bag change may be in the near future even though it isn't needed.

I have two Bennington Quiet Organizers that I'll rotate, cart and stand. Has to be 6 or 7 years now. Both are still in good shape, no desire to switch.

I had the same Nike bag for about 5 years before I switched. It didn't get a lot of use because at the time I was only golfing once every two months or so. One of the legs broke and I replaced it with a cart bag that I had for a couple months. I sold that bag to a THPer and picked up a used Callaway bag at a garage sale for $5. I currently use that bag and also have a bag with my school's logo and colors. When I get my MC staff bag I will keep it in my home somewhere as a reminder of the tournament but I won't game it. Long story short, I don't really change bags often.

Not gonna have to change my bag for a very long time.

I don't change a bag until it falls apart, but if I had a option of a THP bag from a event I would most certainly put it in play to show my appreciation of the forum and advertise for THP. People ask me quite often about the bag tag and towel and I hope it brought a couple of new people on board. The good thing would be they would be a bit older folks (which may otherwise not know about THP) which could really benefit from the information provided on the site.

Back