The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Hard to blame the owner and welcome the fans...

It's true, but I personally expect fans to be over the top emotional -- It's what they do, and their emotions often pay the bills.

I think it's different when an owner goes over the top, but based on the conversation, it seems like they are friendly to each other, so it's a non-factor. And if he can be friendly with Gilbert after that letter, I can't imagine him not moving past all the fan hate. Unless I am completely overlooking something, I have to think his return would move him back into good standing with a very high percentage of the fan base.

ok question

regardless of where Lebron signs, anyone think he signs for more than 2 years with the increase in salary cap/max deals coming down the road?

Could we be doing this all over again in 2 years?

ok question

regardless of where Lebron signs, anyone think he signs for more than 2 years with the increase in salary cap/max deals coming down the road?

Who knows. Dude is nothing but drama. Wants to be the villain. Wants to be loved by his hometown.

He just wants his money and to hoop it up.

ok question

I would be shocked to see him sign anything over 2 years in Miami. If he goes to Cleveland, I can see him signing a 4 year deal.

ok question

It would be the financially savvy thing to do. And LeBron seems to love the drama, so I'll go with 2 years.

ok question

I think it depends where. If MIA I would think a 2-3 year deal. If CLE than I can see like a 4-5 year deal maybe with another opt out.

Listening to XM on the way in to work and the host was saying "Lebron is just sitting back letting everyone talk about him. He is an ego maniac and loves all the attention". I thought about how stupid that was for a minute and this guy really cant win. I was wrong with my initial assessment. I still hope he screws those awful Cleveland fans over but go get the money Bron Bron.

I think it depends where. If MIA I would think a 2-3 year deal. If CLE than I can see like a 4-5 year deal maybe with another opt out.

I think he is just going to go back to Cleveland only to leave for Miami again. Oh boy would that be hilarious to see.

ok question

Forbes has him making 19+ with 53 million in endorsements.... What could he possibly care about a couple more million in salary?

I'd like to see him sign a LONG contract with a team and embrace them for the rest of his career. If he did it in Cleveland, I'll probably attempt to be a fan again.

I hope he signs a 1 year deal so we can do this all again next year. And you can add teams like NY to the mix with Phil and all of their cap room.

I think he is just going to go back to Cleveland only to leave for Miami again. Oh boy would that be hilarious to see.

I hope he make his announcment with a video. Saying he is going back to Cleveland while wearing a Cavs shirt. Then rip it off Hulk Hogan style only to unveil a Heat shirt.

Listening to XM on the way in to work and the host was saying "Lebron is just sitting back letting everyone talk about him. He is an ego maniac and loves all the attention". I thought about how stupid that was for a minute and this guy really cant win. I was wrong with my initial assessment. I still hope he screws those awful Cleveland fans over but go get the money Bron Bron.
He really does though. This isn't that hard of a decision. People leave home to spend 8 years at a job, at school, serving in the military, etc all the time. It's not the rest of his life!

And the amount of money is trivial. Yeah, for us those millions are a big deal, but to a guy like him, with his endorsement deals, those few millions are actually a small percentage of his overall compensation.

I hope he make his announcment with a video. Saying he is going back to Cleveland while wearing a Cavs shirt. Then rip it off Hulk Hogan style only to unveil a Heat shirt.

Best ever.

Millions are a big deal, but to a guy like him, with his endorsement deals, those few millions are actually a small percentage of his overall compensation.

Wrong. He made it very well known it was a max deal this time around.

I am sure Lebron knows that people are going bonkers, but I do not recall him or his camp stating THEMSELVES that he would have a decision made up by a certain date.

Wrong. He made it very well known it was a max deal this time around.

Missed the point. I know he said it is max deal this time around. But it doesn't have to be, those last couple million mean nothing to him from a monetary perspective. He's doing it just to make an arbitrary demand to make people pay attention to him, it is purely ego.

And Miami is the only team that can offer him the true max, when you consider contract amount alone, not to mention the tax implications. So if he really wanted the max possible there would be no option other than Miami.

He really does though. This isn't that hard of a decision. People leave home to spend 8 years at a job, at school, serving in the military, etc all the time. It's not the rest of his life!

I'm sure people who leave get more than 3 days to make up their mind, as well. Sure he's had more time to think about it, but he can only officially sign something once the Moratorium Period was up on July 9. It is a big decision, probably the biggest one of his career, so far. Who cares if he takes a few more days to think about it? I really don't even think he knows where he wants to go.

I am just glad there is Decision part 2, having to wait that hour to hear him tell us would be so annoying :laughing:

I'm sure people who leave get more than 3 days to make up there mind, as well. Sure he's had more time to think about it, but he can only officially sign something once the Moratorium Period was up on July 9. It is a big decision, probably the biggest one of his career, so far. Who cares if he takes a few more days to think about it? I really don't even think he knows where he wants to go.
He's known this was coming for four years.

And Miami is the only team that can offer him the true max, when you consider contract amount alone, not to mention the tax implications. So if he really wanted the max possible there would be no option other than Miami.

He can be in a sign and trade and make the same max anywhere. Trading for a player retains their Bird rights.

Missed the point. I know he said it is max deal this time around. But it doesn't have to be, those last couple million mean nothing to him from a monetary perspective. He's doing it just to make an arbitrary demand to make people pay attention to him, it is purely ego.

I didnt miss the point and well aware of the tax implications. It would be like saying LA or NY are the only options because they are more visible. Money IS in play here, despite it being dismissed. And a sign and trade means anybody can pay him.

And if you think that the endorsements are not huge in a return home, I have a bridge to sell you...

Maybe I will take his spot in Miami. Or Cleveland? Nevermind,no way I'm going to Ohio.

He's known this was coming for four years.

You think he has been thinking of this for 4 years? If they won the title this year, he was not leaving Miami.

I think this is a bigger decision that an average joe choosing a different place of employment.

Lebron knows that there is a chance he can be the greatest player ever. I think Lebron wants to be the greatest player ever. That means he needs more rings, so this isn't just a snap decision to see who will be the better fit right now. LBJ has to think of everything from a big picture and see down the road. I understand that he will be insanely rich with either team, but to be the best ever, this decision has alot to do with it.

Back