How many of you have a back up set?

I do, mainly for anyone visiting out of town that needs a set to play with. I also like the clubs in it, so would have no issue storing them at my club for those times I don't have my gamer set with me for some reason.

I just added a back up set. My favorite set I have ever owned. Made magic with them and a hole in one, hoping I can recreate all that again. Its an old set with no bells and whistles but I loved them. Plus it was only 100$ shipped, why not

I have one, but it was more there as a backup in case the new clubs I got didn't work out for me. I'll be selling off my extras in the near future.

Not intentionally, but I do have a couple.

I just added a back up set. My favorite set I have ever owned. Made magic with them and a hole in one, hoping I can recreate all that again. Its an old set with no bells and whistles but I loved them. Plus it was only 100$ shipped, why not

What set is that if you don't mind me asking?

I have the clubs I just retired (Cleveland HiBore XLi's) in favor of my newest set of irons. In terms of woods, hybrids, and wedges, the ones I game are the only ones I own.

I'll keep the irons around in case I ever need them or if I play with someone who needs clubs, but I don't think I'll fill out an entire extra bag.

I don't but I think I'm gonna hold onto the i20s when I get my next set of irons. Just because. Other than that all I have is a couple of fairway woods a wedge and a handful of putters.

I do not have a backup set. That concept does not really make sense to me. I have my gamer set. Unless I liked the idea of occasionally going out with a set of hickorys or a set of persimmons, just for fun and nostalgia, I don't understand what a backup set accomplishes.

On the occasions that I have had 2 sets, which has been more than 10 years, it is because a new set has been purchased and the old set has not yet been sold.

I do have a couple extra clubs laying around because I won them or got them as swag. But, I'd just as soon sell those, also, since they'll never end up in my bag.

After this weekends moving sale that number would be none.Taylor Made tour burner going to someone.Wilson Staff, either C100 or CI11 coming my way after my body heals from the move.New house new clubs

I have some spare parts here and there I could probably use if I had to. Full set of irons, and a couple old wedges, maybe an old driver. They wouldn't be worth much to sell and I'll probably never have to use them, but nice to know they are there I guess.

Anything I have is just something that was replaced at one time or another or was part of my Dad's collection. I do not have a full (or partial for that matter) set of clubs that are the same as what I am playing.

I currently have six sets and will get a seventh in two weeks. I really need to move some of these out.

i have two differant sets of irons and 2 3 woods. didnt really get them as a back up. i had a lucky xmas and birthday that dropped a "graduation" set of irons in my closet

I have an old set of irons I kept around just in case of emergency. Have extra putters, wedges and drivers laying around too. Not the latest but still good clubs in a pinch.

I have 3 sets at the moment. My original Palmer Axioms are still with me, bit I don't use them.

Backup set is wishon 560s with recoil 680 shafts. When I'm swinging well they're a joy, but the Razr Xs are more forgiving so they're still primary.

Nice to have the option now and then.

I still have my last set of irons, hybrids (never sell anything until I'm sure new is good) and a couple of drivers along with a couple of twenty + year old set of irons and woods. We do a thing in weekend skins now and then where you can't have anything in your bag newer than 20 years old. I often play just as well with the old stuff outside of the driver.

Not intentionally, but I do have a couple.

Aren't you looking to clear up space for a crib and a bunch of other baby stuff? I might know someone looking for at least one back up set.

What set is that if you don't mind me asking?
Picked up Titliest 990's. Came out in 1999, they are a true playerd iron. Not forgiving at all but butter smooth when solid. I cant wait to play them again

I use to, but I gave my old set to the Pastor of my church since he doesn't have a set. I wasn't going to use it anyway.

I have almost 2 just a few wedges short

i have 2 sets, but my second set isn't as good as my primary. I have a golf course right by my cabin in the northwoods and don't always want to haul my primary up every weekend.

Picked up Titliest 990's. Came out in 1999, they are a true playerd iron. Not forgiving at all but butter smooth when solid. I cant wait to play them again

Dang those are TRUE players irons indeed - tiny little cavity there. I wouldn't mind giving these a swing to see if I can even hit them hehe :D

Dang those are TRUE players irons indeed - tiny little cavity there. I wouldn't mind giving these a swing to see if I can even hit them hehe :D
When they first came out in 1999 that was my peak of my golfing career. Playing 2-3 rounds per week so I could justify hitting them. Now im lucky to play 8 a year. But im starting to make more time to play and back into that feel I loved. Sure dude you can hit them, you have a solid swing. Should be here next week. Shipping from SC.

I bought 2 sets off of ebay to let my son choose one and I kept the 2nd set for anyone who visits and wants to play (or if I can ever get my wife to try).

I have backup irons and a backup putter. I'm not a collector, so I never intend on having a backup set from strictly purchasing.

I have a backup/travel set. It's mostly my older clubs that I didn't sell off when getting new equipment. I had a bad experience when traveling once, and my clubs got damaged, so I decided to have a backup back for travel.

Back