The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work. And people at work.

I live in shipping bizarro world.

I have always used usps, and have never had any problem. Everything has reached its destination unharmed. I go to ship a phone battery to a forum member and am told by postal employees that batteries can't be shipped in the mail. I take it to ups and ship it. It would be 14 or so for tracking, so I mail this tiny envelope for $4. This all happened last week. Sure enough it hasn't shown up yet. I hear all these horror stories about usps, but as soon as I use someone else I have a problem.

Should've stuck with the USPS. I would never tell you to not tell them what is in the package.

Roomates and his gf are fighting again

Seriously they fight like every night.

I don't understand why either of them would want to be in that relationship.

Your day starts with cleaning up an ant incursion, then when you get to work (I run a tiny IT department), the cloud hosted website takes a massive dump. as we prepare to restore from backup, Internet service crashes. Mind you, this is the day before a big open house recruiting event (we are a vocational university) and it is my new webmaster's first week in the job. I'll take the hit on the website, but have no control over AT&T screwing up and taking nearly 5 hours to fix something. Internet is up, website is up (but with an error) and it is 2:30a PST and instead if sleeping, I'm researching how to remove that last security popup and contemplating firing my new guy assuming he isn't going to finish the last needed change before the open house which starts in 6 hours.

... And I haven't touched Linux in over 12 years (I got into management young).

Ay yi yi.

Rough day d. Head up and know you will get through it.

Damn, D...you'll get it done. Keep your head up

Your day starts with cleaning up an ant incursion, then when you get to work (I run a tiny IT department), the cloud hosted website takes a massive dump. as we prepare to restore from backup, Internet service crashes. Mind you, this is the day before a big open house recruiting event (we are a vocational university) and it is my new webmaster's first week in the job. I'll take the hit on the website, but have no control over AT&T screwing up and taking nearly 5 hours to fix something. Internet is up, website is up (but with an error) and it is 2:30a PST and instead if sleeping, I'm researching how to remove that last security popup and contemplating firing my new guy assuming he isn't going to finish the last needed change before the open house which starts in 6 hours.

... And I haven't touched Linux in over 12 years (I got into management young).

Ay yi yi.
It will all work out partner :)

Well I was either going to be golfing or working this morning. It's raining.

Guess which one I get to do.

And now I know why I gave up playing on weekend mornings. Unreal slow play and mismanagement by the course.

Visiting family in KY, went to put boat in the lake and stater is shot. Oh well beats it going out while we were on the lake.

And now I know why I gave up playing on weekend mornings. Unreal slow play and mismanagement by the course.

When did you go off?

I always expect pace to be a bit slower on the weekends. It doesn't bother me as much.

When did you go off?

I always expect pace to be a bit slower on the weekends. It doesn't bother me as much.

I went off at 11 ET, 5 holes in 1:30. Play is slow, but the group in front of us is playing at a laughable pace. I fully expect play to be slow like 5 hours, but not 6 like it seems we are at.

I went off at 11 ET, 5 holes in 1:30. Play is slow, but the group in front of us is playing at a laughable pace. I fully expect play to be slow like 5 hours, but not 6 like it seems we are at.

6 is a lengthy hole. I'm assuming you're playing with a group. The only way I know to not be slowed down by the group ahead, is to be the first group out.

Yeah we got on with a deal that was restricted by time. I'm just gonna chalk it up to enjoying the weather and trying to stay calm. They're letting twosomes out on a Saturday morning, that's what irks me. Won't be back to this course.

It seems that our deep freezer is on it's last leg. It is only about 35 years old so I guess I shouldn't complain, but replacing it is not really in the budget right now. Thinking of getting a smaller one that doesn't cost as much and is energy star compliant.

Be the ball!!

Holy crap. That is awful and on pace for over 5 hours. That sounds terrible dude.

Holy crap. That is awful and on pace for over 5 hours. That sounds terrible dude.

It's sped up a bit after the ranger got on some people. Just trying to stay positive. Heck, it gives me time to browse the forums.

It's sped up a bit after the ranger got on some people. Just trying to stay positive. Heck, it gives me time to browse the forums.

You should follow these steps to speed up their play. Guaranteed to work.

Spoiler
Take Shoes off.
Take shorts off and tuck shirt into underwear for full effect.
Fill bucket with ice water.
Run up to them with filled bucket.
Throw ice bucket on them.
Say "Welcome to the IceBucketChallenge...Now speed the eff up"

Granted you might get taken off the course into custody, and for that, I would think twice, but I bet it would speed up play.

Anything after 8:00 am here on weekends is a guaranteed 5.5 hour round. My father refuses to play at all after 7:00 am. It works well with my hangovers.

You should follow these steps to speed up their play. Guaranteed to work.

Spoiler
Take Shoes off.
Take shorts off and tuck shirt into underwear for full effect.
Fill bucket with ice water.
Run up to them with filled bucket.
Throw ice bucket on them.
Say "Welcome to the IceBucketChallenge...Now speed the eff up"

Granted you might get taken off the course into custody, and for that, I would think twice, but I bet it would speed up play.

It would speed up play behind us. I'm sure they have a front loader around here somewhere....

Charity scramble s are my rant, we came in at -10, and granted, the course was shorter and playing pretty easy, but we didn't even sniff the top 10, one team was -20, that's a bit hard for me to believe, to be honest. It's all on the "honor" system though, somewhat ridiculous.

Its really too bad the pace of play has gotten to what it has.

We used to play 18 holes in 4 hours, then it was becoming 5, close to 6 hours here. I remember being scolded by a marshall that we had taken 3 hours to play the front nine...... well yeah, when you get stuck behind slow play groups how do you speed up. If they aren't allowing people to play through, and there is no chance to jump ahead, what can you do about it?

I play fast, and I tend to get a bit antsy if there are pileups on the tee boxes.

At the vets again with a sick cat. This sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back