Holly Sonders left Golf channel!

Sure are a bunch of anti-HS salty lads on here....almost seems as if your wives are posting on this.
(I thought the women were the catty jealous type)

Sure are a bunch of anti-HS salty lads on here....almost seems as if your wives are posting on this.
(I thought the women were the catty jealous type)

I think she does a really good job on the golf related stuff.

Her looks, well not my type.

Fake cans, too much make up, average golfer. Don't see the fascination to be fair.

Average golfer? She's like a 2 handicap I think, and could beat the pants off most anyone here.

Average golfer? She's like a 2 handicap I think, and could beat the pants off most anyone here.

I believe she was a part of a team national championship as well.

Did Morning Drive acknowledge that she was leaving on Thursday's show? Like her or not, she has been there since the beginning. Not sure why so many here seem to dislike her. She is a better golfer than most of us.

I don't dislike her i just don't care for her TV personality.

I'm sure it's nothing like how she really is when the cameras aren't on.

Really shocked that golf channel let her go. I definitely thought that they would have came to some type of agreement.

Well, it's a business. Her wardrobe will probably change quite a bit if she does the stereo-typical female sideline reporting at NFL games.

~Rock

Good riddance. Now we wont have to see Holly and her fakeness all over GC all the time. I do agree that she will be the Erin Andrews of golf but at least we will only see her a couple times a year instead of all day, every day.

So she's going to be a sideline reporter for FOX NFL. Sigh

TGC is owned by nbc I'm sure they could have matched had they really wanted to.

Numbers have to work within GC's economics though.

But a good question is why NBC didn't offer the opportunity to cross over some and make more money available.

She could have been unreasonable too and GC threw her out, and she had to settle for Fox. Who knows.

Seems as though GC had built a lot around her, even jettisoning McMurrary and bringing in women with golf credentials seemed like an expansion of the "Holly" formula.

I'm just interested in the strategy and marketing. Curious to see what happens...will Playing with the Pros get another host or be dropped, will School of Golf get a new cohost, remain 60-minutes long???

As long as she keeps herself more to golf than NFL I'm ok with it. (I watch golf way more than NFL.)

Maybe Paige will replace her. She needs some work in front of the camera but is a more accomplished golfer, is attractive and seems to be intelligent.

We'll see I guess.

I'm not really informed on the subject.

Yup. She's free to beat my pants off whenever she likes.

Lol sorry I just couldn't resist.

Crazy seeing how polarizing she was. At first I was pretty neutral, but have found myself liking her more with playing lessons. I feel like she did a good job asking golf related questions while also keep it entertaining.

For Holly, as an aspiring TV personality, it was a no-brainer. The chance to cross over to NFL coverage is something that a person in that industry does not pass up. There is really nothing bigger. Period. I have my doubts as to how she'll do in that role, but I think pretty much all of the female sideline reporters are terrible and completely unnecessary. Fox, with golf coverage looming, leveraged their NFL opportunities as part of the deal to get someone recognizable for their golf broadcasts as well. Personally, I think Holly's on-air presence and personality is horrible (she just seems so rehearsed and unnatural to me when she's interacting with guests and on Playing Lessons), but I can see this move making sense to Fox as well. I think those of us that don't care for her due to how she does her job are majorly in the minority.

Numbers have to work within GC's economics though.

But a good question is why NBC didn't offer the opportunity to cross over some and make more money available.

She could have been unreasonable too and GC threw her out, and she had to settle for Fox. Who knows.

Seems as though GC had built a lot around her, even jettisoning McMurrary and bringing in women with golf credentials seemed like an expansion of the "Holly" formula.

I'm just interested in the strategy and marketing. Curious to see what happens...will Playing with the Pros get another host or be dropped, will School of Golf get a new cohost, remain 60-minutes long???
Because NBC is the worst network going. They are relevant only every two years when the Olympics are on.

Holly will be missed. Surprised how many haters. No complaints here. Damm.

From what I have seen of her playing, 2 is a vanity handicap. And let's not forget playing off the ladies tees. I wouldn't consider it being beaten when she gets a huge advantage on just about every hole.

From what I have seen of her playing, 2 is a vanity handicap. And let's not forget playing off the ladies tees. I wouldn't consider it being beaten when she gets a huge advantage on just about every hole.
Not even close to accurate.

I like how if you don't like Holly you are labeled a Hater.

No wonder the world is so messed up today.

To me she always seemed to act like a moron on every show. She wore levels of makeup that impresses clowns, and those stupid skimpy outfits that showed off her exaggerated surgeries.

But I couldn't watch anything with her on mainly because of how dumb she acted.

But then again, I saw past her looks and don't like her shows so I must be a hater.

I like how if you don't like Holly you are labeled a Hater.

No wonder the world is so messed up today.

To me she always seemed to act like a moron on every show. She wore levels of makeup that impresses clowns, and those stupid skimpy outfits that showed off her exaggerated surgeries.

But I couldn't watch anything with her on mainly because of how dumb she acted.

But then again, I saw past her looks and don't like her shows so I must be a hater.
I'm pretty sure you're a hater if you don't like any individual hahaha

How so you know she's playing off of the reds? What if he was off the middle tees. Similar distance to LPGA rounds.

Back