The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Playing in the Golfweek Amateur Tour event at Hopewell Valley today. I am excited. A little nervous. I have worked very hard for the past 8 months and for me, this is to really see where I am at. Playing in the B flight which is 8-13hcp from 6600 yards. I have never played this course before so it will definitely be a challenge but one that hopefully I can tackle head on. I'm not going just to play, I am going there to win. See you guys on the other side.

Ricky, kick some @ss and take some names! You've put in a ton of work, and your game is in great shape, show everyone what a man on a mission can do. Best of luck my friend.

I am truly excited for this weekend. The journey leading up as been one for the books. Finding the motivation to improve my game seemed lost jntil the mc. The idea of 40 of us together sharing a weekend full of so many surprises, friendship Nd competition still is mind boggling to me.. just around the corner and I for one cant freakin wait

Playing in the Golfweek Amateur Tour event at Hopewell Valley today. I am excited. A little nervous. I have worked very hard for the past 8 months and for me, this is to really see where I am at. Playing in the B flight which is 8-13hcp from 6600 yards. I have never played this course before so it will definitely be a challenge but one that hopefully I can tackle head on. I'm not going just to play, I am going there to win. See you guys on the other side.

Good luck buddy. You'll do just fine. Just remember to tell them that you'll kiss them right on the lips once the tournament is over, and you'll have no problems...

Enjoy it Ricky. They are a lot of fun and I'm sure you will do just fine buddy.

JM

1 week away from my plane ride! Plus a trip to get together with some old friends and play Quantico MCB's course before heading down to Myrtle. Should be a good time, and an introduction to how the other coast plays golf.

You'll do fine! I was nervous at my first tourney this year too. Once you meet the rear of your foursome, you tee off and it turns into another round of golf. However, 2 footers look like 6 footers early.

Just play your game and don't worry about your score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two weeks from today boys!!!

I ramped up my workload for this event by a noticeable amount. It may not be fun now in 100 degree high humidity heat, but it'll feel good when I know it'll perform down the stretch.

I ramped up my workload for this event by a noticeable amount. It may not be fun now in 100 degree high humidity heat, but it'll feel good when I know it'll perform down the stretch.

It'll pay off my dude. 100%

It sure freakin better haha. Foam rollers might be the best invention ever.

Foam rollers are great. I'm also making sure I get the 1hr massage a few days before I head down.

Foam rollers are great. I'm also making sure I get the 1hr massage a few days before I head down.

Might not be a bad idea Matty. Just something to get the kinks out

Might not be a bad idea Matty. Just something to get the kinks out

My trainer suggested massage to me about a year ago when I was having some issues. I went in thinking it would be a waste, but it really helps. It's not fun during and right after though.

My coach told me quit hitting it like garbage and you won't hurt various things at much. He got a proper response

Counting days...in 5 hours could be the last round for me before I hop on a plane.

I just sold one my bags for 120 or so dollars, that's two rounds of golf paid in South Carolina!

My coach told me quit hitting it like garbage and you won't hurt various things at much. He got a proper response

I recommend more ice buckets

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Sitting here and Charleston, SC and I so want to drive up and see the grounds of True Blue and Caledonia. A week from Monday can't get here soon enough. I will be making my way down to MB!!!

Another great THPMC prep today of 36 holes with fellow THP guys. Learned alot. Apparently I need something on the line to focus beyond 18 holes. Lots of mental prep to be done yet. Solid on the physical side, still feeling great and hydration was a key. Love playing with THP guys!

I recommend more ice buckets

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

After some practice today, an ice bucket might either feel great or put me into shock

Had another lesson today. We worked for about an hour and a half. We both lost track of the time, because it was only supposed to be a half hour lesson. We're not changing anything at this point; just working on the things we've already tried to put into place and making them just my normal swing. We'll probably get in a couple more before I leave for Myrtle. The next one is already scheduled for Wednesday. I enjoy working with my instructor, and will continue to do so after the Morgan Cup.

Had another lesson today. We worked for about an hour and a half. We both lost track of the time, because it was only supposed to be a half hour lesson. We're not changing anything at this point; just working on the things we've already tried to put into place and making them just my normal swing. We'll probably get in a couple more before I leave for Myrtle. The next one is already scheduled for Wednesday. I enjoy working with my instructor, and will continue to do so after the Morgan Cup.

Ken I'm glad you're still at it. You'll be great in MB. Can't wait to see you bud

Crazy to think that my round tomorrow morning is either the second to last or last before I head down to MB. Have to get a few trips out of the way for work, so won't be able to play midweek, and I've got a pretty full weekend next weekend. I have a feeling it's going to get harder and harder to get a full night's sleep as it gets closer.

Really can't wait to meet and get to know everyone.

Saturday evening at the MC is something special. Guys are full from dinner and fried from the all day beating of heat, rays and humidity. People will be trying to get comfortable for the night and not expend too much energy. Stories will be told, laughs had , high fives, finger pointing and just an all around great time.

Hell we will have 2/3 of the MC behind us. We will have Sunday singles in front of us. A new sense of anticipation will cover us all. No need to get worried or anxious because it will be what it will be. Enjoy the evening talking and sharing the moments that will last a life time.

You guys have made this event a special one. It has been different than any other before it. As JB said you should all be proud

Ken I'm glad you're still at it. You'll be great in MB. Can't wait to see you bud

I'll work until we get there buddy. But, then it will be all about enjoying an event that I'll never get the chance at anything like again. I'm going to savor every moment, and enjoy my time with my Morgan Cup brothers. See you shortly, my friend.

Back