Contest #1 - 2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

I tried to get either one of the 2 strangers I played with yesterday to have a match play round with me.
Even though I offered both of them 2 more strokes than they should get, they passed. Dang!

I tried to get either one of the 2 strangers I played with yesterday to have a match play round with me.
Even though I offered both of them 2 more strokes than they should get, they passed. Dang!
Good on you for trying DD but I see what you are saying. Going to be tough to convince some strangers to do something other than what they came to the course for. I think there is a super opportunity right here to get more match play in. Doesn't have to be a big get together, just seek out local THPers to get in some handicapped match play whenever you can. We have the same objectives here so we can certainly play matches together with the understanding we'll putt them all out for handicap purposes if desired.

I have never participated in match play. I definitely need to very soon in anticipation of this event as well as the Gauntlet (IF match play is a format).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of match play, here is a random, but short story. I was in my regular threesome Wednesday during league. We decided to do 3 person match play. One in the group turned all super beast and just blew us out of the water.

I have since practiced, and will put an end to that today.

And yea, waiting with great anticipation to see the the team double in size!

~Rock

We will be announcing the 1st member (outside of the captain) of Team BasementDweller coming up Monday I believe.
The 2nd contest will follow soon after that.

Heck of a way to start the week!!! Excitement level is going to be through the roof.

Monday...awesome. One THPer will have their world thrown upside down. Pretty awesome.

This put a smile on my face. Congrats to the eventual team member!

Awesome news for one lucky THPer!!

We will be announcing the 1st member (outside of the captain) of Team BasementDweller coming up Monday I believe.

Absolutely fantastic!!

Excited to see whom the second piece of the puzzle will be.

#BasementDwellersGrowsBy1

Good luck to all of the entrants - looking forward to seeing who's going to be the first. A ton of great entries to pick from.

Excited to see who gets their ticket punched!

This has got to be the first time I wanted a weekend to go by, fast !

Monday will be so awesome for some lucky THP'er! Good luck to everyone!

Monday will be here before you know it too. Let the anxiousness take its time getting here

This has got to be the first time I wanted a weekend to go by, fast !
I'm looking forward to the announcement, but let's not get too crazy. :p

Can't wait!

It would be interesting to know how many people will be in this thread come Monday morning.

Be the ball!!

THP has a way of making Mondays enjoyable

What a way to kick off the week! Talked about one fortunate and privileged individuals to be named!

Sounds great! One more happy hacker and another attempt to get in. Happy Monday indeed.

Normally, that would mean I dont need to check this thread 20x a day, but who are we kidding, too much great discussion in here not to always check.

~Rock

Back