What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best round today at 52/48 100 (from 6504yards) with 35 putts. As bad as it was, my driving really started coming around on the back 9 which felt good. Putting wasn't too bad at all with only 1 3putt.

94 I believe at the Waxahachie Country Club. I joined after the round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Glad to hear you enjoyed your round enough to join the country club. I guess they treated you pretty good today.

43/41 for an 84. It was an interesting back nine. Ran into a club outing that two foursomes on every hole for the rest of the back. Head pro was right there and sent me back to 10. Ended up playing first 4 holes on the back again only to catch the outing again. Was sent back a couple of holes again. Ended up playing about 15-16 holes on the back nine.

Overall pleased with what I saw with the swing changes, but there is a lot of work to do. It was the best round I have had with my 3 wood this YEAR.

43/41 for an 84. It was an interesting back nine. Ran into a club outing that two foursomes on every hole for the rest of the back. Head pro was right there and sent me back to 10. Ended up playing first 4 holes on the back again only to catch the outing again. Was sent back a couple of holes again. Ended up playing about 15-16 holes on the back nine.
That's crazy. I think an icejack or two would've been in order.

Poured down rain on us. Shot 46 and 42. Hit some solid tee shots and short game was splid. Still not getting the putts to drop but I'm close.
Irons were awful need to take range swing to coursd

That's crazy. I think an icejack or two would've been in order.
No doubt. It started to feel like Groundhog Day out there and I was never going to get off the course. Plus it was hot and humid. Long round.

44/41 for 85 today. Same course and tees that I shot 76 on yesterday. Difference was fewer drives in fairways and some blowup holes. Tough course though, knew it would be tough to follow it up with another low round.

Last edited:

Glad to hear you enjoyed your round enough to join the country club. I guess they treated you pretty good today.

The course is in good shape, very fair and for what I've been spending to play, I'll come out ahead. Plus, I can put off my wife's pool for awhile.
It's nothing fancy but the golf is decent, the beer is cold & the food is good.

Me and my golfing buddy used to play 7 iron challenge on the back nine when we were playing poorly. He just can't hit them far enough anymore for us to do that. I agree with you, it is fun and a great way to learn different shots. Nice playing.

Thanks. It was really fun. I will definitely do it again for sure.

Played 36 today... Big difference when you putt it well.

86 the first 18. Could not make a putt... Could not lag it close.

Made a switch to my Big FGP.

79 the second 18. Had one 3 putt. Putting was sensational.

95 today from 6200. Awful tee shots and chipping did me in. Iron striking wasn't too bad though. I also got Winchell's Syndrome with 6 burned edges on putts but otherwise putting was okay. Gotta keep grinding.

Played 36 today... Big difference when you putt it well.

86 the first 18. Could not make a putt... Could not lag it close.

Made a switch to my Big FGP.

79 the second 18. Had one 3 putt. Putting was sensational.

This is so my game. When I'm putting will, high 70s is a very strong possibility. When I'm not, hello mid 80s

This is so my game. When I'm putting will, high 70s is a very strong possibility. When I'm not, hello mid 80s

I am in an ugly putting funk. It used to be the best part of my game. Now it's became the worst.

Played Houston Amatuer Golf Association tournament today at Quail Valley La Quinta course in Missouri City southwest of Houston. My 4th day in a row playing and 6th round in 8 days and I felt it all day. Very tired, blazing hot, just had nothing in the tank. Struggled to an 83, still placed second in my flight out of 16, funny how 3 months ago I'd have been ecstatic with 83 and today knowing it wasn't there and still grinded it out. Only 6 fairways, 9 greens, but no birdies and 35 putts including 2 three putts (one I bumped the ball addressing it on 2d hole) and put one drive OB. End of the day though 4th time in the money this year, and with my impending handicap drop coming Tuesday when next tournament rolls around in 2 weeks I'll be moving up a flight.

Shot a decent 86 today and it what might be the first of the year I scored better on the front than the back, 42/44. I got a little loose the last four holes which stopped me from having a really good round. We played a little two man best ball, and my partner and I won by ten strokes. It was amazing how well we teamed up it seemed like one person had a good hole when the other was struggling, not so much for our opponents.

Went 47/41 for an 88 today. My short game disappeared on the front, and I was topping half shots. gave up on trying to hit high pitches and just played low pitches/bump and runs on the back. Was most happy with my fairway wood play. Hit two 4w to pin high on the fringe. One from about 215-220, and the other uphill with a bit of a headwind from 200. First time in a long long time I've had legitimate eagle chances. Also happy with my ability to bounce back from a stretch of bad holes in both rounds this weekend.

Today was UGLY... 42/44 for 86 with 32 putts. What was even worse was that I chipped in twice!

I haven't played in two weeks because I hurt my back and today I realized it's not healed up yet. It'll
be another couple of weeks before I'm back out there giving it another try so in the meantime I'll just
practice in front of a mirror slowy.

Played 36, today. 42/39 and 46/41. Have really been riding my driver the last few rounds, and finally had a couple of bigger misses during the 2nd round that cost me.

Today was UGLY... 42/44 for 86 with 32 putts. What was even worse was that I chipped in twice!

I haven't played in two weeks because I hurt my back and today I realized it's not healed up yet. It'll
be another couple of weeks before I'm back out there giving it another try so in the meantime I'll just
practice in front of a mirror slowy.

I thought we were going to have to carry you back to the club house on 14.

Played 36, today. 42/39 and 46/41. Have really been riding my driver the last few rounds, and finally had a couple of bigger misses during the 2nd round that cost me.

I thought we were going to have to carry you back to the club house on 14.

Yeah that was a rough hole.... And not just bc it was you on a par 5 :p sorry I was such a mess!

From The HTC One Blue!

...And not just bc it was you on a par 5 :p ...

Need to come up with a good on-course excuse on why I had to knee dhartmann in the back during Sunday round... :smile-big:

30 years of golf and I have never had a round like today.

Newman Golf Course
Peoria, Illinois
6500 yds
Par 71

*4 GIR
*3 Birdies
*2/2 Sand Saves
*22 Putts!!!

36/35 = 71

It was the most ridiculous par saving round I have ever had in my life.

Brilliant putting Sir!!!

4 rounds this weekend, 104, 100, 97, 108. Not sure what happened to my swing but just completely fell apart. Would go for stretches of holes where I'd be 2 or 3 over for 6 or 7 holes, and would then hop on the triple bogey train. Would hit some great shots and then some miserable shots, just having trouble releasing my body and club consistently, which I'm hoping is not an indication that the date for the long postponed knee surgery is quickly approaching.

Will take a break this week and do some range work hoping to get the swing back and get my rounds back into the 80s.

94 yesterday, lol. The state of my game is becoming depressing very quickly.

83 on a course I've never played. 3 bad decisions kept me out of the 70's. Overall not upset. I do have one major hole right now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back